Low Dose Dextromethorphan As An Alternative To SSRI's?

Blinkyrocket

Well, I'm using baclofen for agoraphobia, it's a really effective anxiolytic.

I still use tianeptine from time to time but I need 50mgs to feel the effect.
From time to time? That's essentially a complete waste, it takes 6 weeks for the neurological changes to take place... D2/3 receptors upregulate in the nucleus accumbens, hippocampus regenerates, better plasticity in the amygdala, increased AMPA to NMDA receptor ratio (through increased phosphorylation of AMPA, decreased expression of NMDA) in relevant brain areas... All this happens over a long time. It's funny to see people say tianeptine doesn't work when they clearly have not given it enough time. Please, just know how this stuff works :p

Also, what have you actually been prescribed Baclofen for? I've tried Phenibut and then withdrawn from it and it wasn't fun. Your doctor will be able to painlessly taper you off of it though especially if you take Tianeptine for the correct amount of time which is everyday for at least 6 weeks, with improvement continuing for even a year. Tianeptine has its own anti-panic and anti-"fear-memory" (phobias) effects, so use it for what it's good for instead of just sporadically wasting it. Aside from Tianeptine, stuff like Berberine and Saffron extract are what I'm currently taking for my agoraphobia, improvement takes time though. Although, Berberine specifically has a moderate acute effect with continued chronic improvement. I don't feel as if the added supplements are necessary, I'm just addicted to researching their effects and taking them, heh heh. (not actually, in a joke sense, I just like them). Eventually, I want a Resveratrol-Berberine combo so I can counteract Berberine's most apparent side effect: downregulation of the hERG potassium channel in the heart, which causes long Qt interval, although I'm not sure how severe this effect is I do know that a study specifically showcased the rescue of the hERG channel by Resveratrol from Berberine. I'm not sure this side effect is actually severe since Berberine usage is associated with increased lifespan and less occurrence of arrhythmia.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@passivity

Well it feels exactly a lot like being piss drunk. Your face and lips and body are numb.

I would constantly get epiphanies and insights into my life and actually made a few changes that helped.

However, for like a week straight I was constantly slurring my words and would stumble around as I walked.

I would laugh this disgusting laugh when I thought something was funny, it was a drunk laugh.

Surprisingly my cognition was pretty much unaffected. A good measure for my cognition is how good I am at video games, and I was ******* amazing, better than I usually am. I would play FPS's and though I usually get MVP in most rounds, I did even better than when I was sober.

I was also able to make coherent and logical ideas and people who know me IRL thought I was still intelligent.

I had a complete cessation of social anxiety, because I was basically drunk.

The only problem was lack of sleep. I tried hanging out with a friend of mine but couldn't, I felt sick and my chest hurt and I had to go home. Getting good sleep fixed my problems but in order to get good sleep I had to stop dosing memantine.

Also memantine completely changes how your brain weigh's pleasure. Pleasure is calculated using an insane amount of variables, and memantine changes the equation slightly, which changes how you perceive pleasure.

For the first 2 days memantine literally felt like it changed my life. I might actually try dosing again at some point but keep the dose low and make sure my sleep is good. Because those first two days were amazing. Complete detachment from ***t that doesn't matter, I felt superhuman. Probably mania.

Oh yeah, at the fifth day mark I was in so much psychic pain that I wanted to die. I felt like I was going bonkers, I just wanted it to end.

So yeah...
I've read so many horror stories about memantine; the dose of 10 mg seems far too high for many people. Maybe a starting dose as low as 100 mcg or less [10 mcg] could) and then increased at a dose of 10 mcg every week could prevent these side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals