Low cortisol = difficulty getting out of bed in the morning?

OccamzRazer

Hi all!

Since discovering Peaty principles and taking preg/prog/DHEA (via StressNon and CortiNon) I am healthier & happier than I've ever been.

But I'm wondering if I've driven my cortisol levels too low or something. I've been sleeping 9-10+ hours a night, and when I wake up, there's absolutely NO urgency to actually get out of bed or do anything.

It used to be that I'd wake up, feel a little anxious, breath a little faster than normal, and just get up and start scurrying around. It felt like a circadian type of stress response?

Nowadays I just lay in bed until 9 or 10 and feel so content and calm that I don't want to get up lol.

Is this a good thing? It's definitely not very convenient, as I'd really like to rise with the sun.

How can one get motivated & MOVING in the morning without triggering stress hormones?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Get out in the sun at sunrise, naked.
I used to do this everyday, but can't even manage to get out of bed in the mornings these days. Normally quite motivated so it feels strange.

Sleeping in a tent in full sun would probably fix this, but that's not very convenient...

Ben.

Cloudhands

Hi all!

Since discovering Peaty principles and taking preg/prog/DHEA (via StressNon and CortiNon) I am healthier & happier than I've ever been.

But I'm wondering if I've driven my cortisol levels too low or something. I've been sleeping 9-10+ hours a night, and when I wake up, there's absolutely NO urgency to actually get out of bed or do anything.

It used to be that I'd wake up, feel a little anxious, breath a little faster than normal, and just get up and start scurrying around. It felt like a circadian type of stress response?

Nowadays I just lay in bed until 9 or 10 and feel so content and calm that I don't want to get up lol.

Is this a good thing? It's definitely not very convenient, as I'd really like to rise with the sun.

How can one get motivated & MOVING in the morning without triggering stress hormones?
Do u take thyroid

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How do i explain this to the 100 neighbours around me?
You probably need to move to the country. City life is not healthy.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I was like you before i started taking thyroid and vitamin A. Now im like a 4 year old hopping out of bed on a saturday morning to watch cartoons
Really?! Well that's another thing pushing me towards trying out thyroid then, thank you!

Didn't Peat experience something similar upon taking thyroid - not needing as much coffee to get going in the AM?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi all!

Are you doing something you're passionate about each day? That's the best way to get out of bed. If you can do some activity in the morning and you love it, then you'd be out of bed in no time. But if you have nothing to do that day or at least not really look forward to it, then you don't want to get out of bed.

Perhaps you used to run on noradrenaline (adrenal overactivity) and now your thyroid needs to kick in. Get sun exposure in the morning with honeyed milk gets me out of bed each morning. But then again, my environment is peaceful and relatively private, so I enjoy it a lot.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Are you doing something you're passionate about each day? That's the best way to get out of bed. If you can do some activity in the morning and you love it, then you'd be out of bed in no time. But if you have nothing to do that day or at least not really look forward to it, then you don't want to get out of bed.
That's the weird thing, I actually am! I enjoy my career and daily life. So it's not depression/anhedonia.

Today I told myself I'd buy some new rollerblades as soon as I could get up and go to the coffeeshop, but even that didn't work and I slept til 10.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Perhaps you used to run on noradrenaline (adrenal overactivity) and now your thyroid needs to kick in. Get sun exposure in the morning with honeyed milk gets me out of bed each morning. But then again, my environment is peaceful and relatively private, so I enjoy it a lot.
This sounds like a very plausible explanation, thanks! Definitely used to run off adrenals, and now that this has shifted something else is needed - aka thyroid.

Sefton10

Perhaps you used to run on noradrenaline (adrenal overactivity) and now your thyroid needs to kick in.
Is it possible to get it to kick in without taking thyroid, Hans? Similarly, could one take thyroid for a short period to help it kick in then not need to keep on taking it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is it possible to get it to kick in without taking thyroid, Hans? Similarly, could one take thyroid for a short period to help it kick in then not need to keep on taking it?
For sure. 1 drop tyromix before bed for about 2 weeks helped a lot. I started waking up before the alarm and had no trouble getting up. Gelatin also helped a lot.
I stopped the thyroid before bed after about 3 weeks (it started to make me snore for some reason) but I still had more energy in the morning, so the benefit stayed.
Movement/exercise right after waking, carbs and sunlight (all combined) are great ways to entrain the circadian rhythm and make you wake up earlier. Also sprints without a shirt early-ish in the day is great.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Just ordered some desiccated thyroid from Life Giving Store. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Also going to set my alarm for sunrise tomorrow and see if I can crawl outside and get some shirtless sun...

Vileplume

+1 to thyroid. I used to wake up then lay in bed for a while, filled with anxiety about going to the kitchen and talking to my roommates. I had this anxiety every day, even worse on workdays. The morning anxiety has not returned once since I started taking thyroid.

Rick K

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals