Low-Cortisol CASUAL Jogger Beats BOSTON MARATHONERS

SOMO

Second place is amazing for someone who isn't training night and day.

The Nurse Who Took a Very Different Route to 2nd Place in the Boston Marathon

To finish second in the Boston Marathon, train for the race before and after shifts at a full-time job; never run more than 100 miles a week; and fly into town several days early and drive up to Maine for some biking in Acadia National Park.

Until Monday, this was the blueprint for Boston Marathon success for approximately zero elite runners. But then along came Sarah Sellers, a nurse anesthetist who took advantage of miserable weather conditions to turn the professional marathon world on its head. Perhaps never has a runner taken such an unconventional path to second place in one of the world’s most prestigious sporting events.

Sellers, 26, began her journey to the race innocently enough: Her brother was running in it and thought it would be fun for her to join him. She was not even a professional marathoner — until September she had never run a race of that distance — but was a good endurance runner who ran well in college until an injury sidelined her.

Sometimes hard work and dedication and pushing yourself don't lead to success. This woman had a very normal exercise routine, but I don't get the vibe that she was an exercise junkie (or even had the time.) It seems she was casually exercising and trying to maintain fitness levels - a very realistic goal and one that is unlikely to be super cortisol-inducing.

I went almost 0 carb Keto, and did about 30-60 minutes of cardio and other exercises for several weeks. I actually gained weight, lost muscle and completely suppressed my libido (and emotions were all over the place.) So working "harder" is not always better.

Tortoise-and-hare-014.jpg

encerent

how do you know she had low cortisol? and "never run more than 100 miles a week": not the most informative way to describe her training. but to me that doesn't sound that casual.

opethfeldt

This isn't surprising to me at all. I have almost as good athletic performance now as I used to when I trained 6 days a week and I only train a couple times a week. Less seems to be more, unless you're "supplementing your income" by taking AAS.

EIRE24

Second place is amazing for someone who isn't training night and day.

The Nurse Who Took a Very Different Route to 2nd Place in the Boston Marathon

Sometimes hard work and dedication and pushing yourself don't lead to success. This woman had a very normal exercise routine, but I don't get the vibe that she was an exercise junkie (or even had the time.) It seems she was casually exercising and trying to maintain fitness levels - a very realistic goal and one that is unlikely to be super cortisol-inducing.

I went almost 0 carb Keto, and did about 30-60 minutes of cardio and other exercises for several weeks. I actually gained weight, lost muscle and completely suppressed my libido (and emotions were all over the place.) So working "harder" is not always better.

Tortoise-and-hare-014.jpg
What did you do to reverse the damage?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals