Low CO2 being my issue???

troubledtimes

I'm always out of breath laboured breathing all day. Which causes improper breathing anxiety, air hunger and feeling lightheaded. I've read about a few interesting things that could be my whole problem. Metabolic acidoses and respiratory alkalosis. Seems like a CO2 issue in me? Here is some info I found hopefully a knowledgable person much more than me can help. These are all my main symptoms

Overbreathing is a sign that respiratory alkalosis is likely to develop. However, low carbon dioxide levels in the blood also have a number of physical effects, including:

• dizziness
  • bloating
  • feeling lightheaded
  • numbness or muscle spasms in the hands and feet
  • discomfort in the chest area
  • confusion
  • dry mouth
  • tingling in the arms
  • heart palpitations
  • feeling short of breath

OP
T

troubledtimes

Or possably to much CO2 is built up in my system? I'm not sure but seems like something is causing this chronic issue

Perry Staltic

probably not. but i have tried a b1 suppliment with no luck

I think there might be some kind of interaction between the zoloft and klonopan you're taking, plus maybe something else that is not so obvious. Did you look at that list of serotonergic pharma meds, OTC meds, supplements, foods, that can trigger and exacerbate serotonin syndrome?

OP
T

troubledtimes

these issues hapened before i took klonopin. thats why i was given the klonopin because they just thought it was anxiety. ive been having these issues for years. i was on effexor for 10 years and i have tried a few other antidepressants. now im on zoloft. but these issues started before klonopin and zoloft. i was perfectly fine on effexor during my 20s no breathing issues

L_C

I'm always out of breath laboured breathing all day. Which causes improper breathing anxiety, air hunger and feeling lightheaded. I've read about a few interesting things that could be my whole problem. Metabolic acidoses and respiratory alkalosis. Seems like a CO2 issue in me? Here is some info I found hopefully a knowledgable person much more than me can help. These are all my main symptoms

Overbreathing is a sign that respiratory alkalosis is likely to develop. However, low carbon dioxide levels in the blood also have a number of physical effects, including:

• dizziness
  • bloating
  • feeling lightheaded
  • numbness or muscle spasms in the hands and feet
  • discomfort in the chest area
  • confusion
  • dry mouth
  • tingling in the arms
  • heart palpitations
  • feeling short of breath
I would recommend reading Danny Roddy book: Hair like a fox. There he explains well the issue with CO2. In my case CO2 was brought down by consuming too much of fermented foods and anything that’s cultured and/or having lactic acid.