Low carb high fat (pre T3) VS high carb low fat (taking 3 drops of tyronene upon waking)

MitchMitchell

First of all thank you @haidut for the great product. Love a good bit of sublingual alcohol first thing in the morning.

So here’s some data for whatever it’s worth... I prescribe my own bloodwork and will keep it simple in the future (lipids, A1c, CBC, cmp, ferritin). Will update while on HCG.

First bloods were on dec 20, second bloods Feb 1. Taking T3 is a night and day difference. If your tsh is much higher than 1 and free T4 is nearly high, t3 only seems like a no brainer to me. Tons of improvements right from the first day of taking it.

>>>>> Same amount of calories, 20% protein.
Tsh: 3.47>1.32
fT4: 1.75>1.32
fT3: 3.6>4.5

LDL: 210>159
Hdl: 63>59
Total: 290>235

E2: 28>12
T: 407>435
Free T: 12>9.5
Shbg: 45>53
Cortisol: 23 (been high for years) > 13 perfect mid range
Insulin: 10.3>4.4
A1c: 5.8>5.6
Glucose: 92>89

I’ve been using HCG on and off for years, guess I’m hopping back on. It always feels great I don’t know why I stop. I don’t feel bad at all tho but those numbers are pretty terrible vs what I get on HCG (Free T 15ish E2 over 30)

Interesting drop in insulin, A1c etc. I think I was up to 500g of carbohydrates prior to testing. Also eGFR up by 10%. Seems that Walter Kempner was onto something. But I’ve always been biased against low carb so take this all as you will.

Jam

What exactly does "low carb" mean in your case? How many grams of carbs were you getting daily, and what was the breakdown of starch/fructose/sucrose/lactose. Thanks!

Edit: Also, what types of fat were you eating (saturated/mono/pufa ratio)?

For example, I feel way more androgenic and much less cortisol-driven (belly became the flattest it's been in decades) after cutting down on starch and replacing most of it with saturated fat. Most of my carbs are now from milk, fruit, and honey.

Last edited:
OP
M

MitchMitchell

Low carb was virtually nothing but a couple fruit in the morning, some fruit juice pre workout and maybe whole milk. 100-150 grams daily. It was a zero starch diet. Sleep was terrible.

high carb (anywhere between 400-600g) has the same items + a bunch of rice pasta and dextrose. As of the fats I don’t generally eat foods high in PUFA, not that I care about PUFA much I just don’t like nuts and seeds, never understood the whole craze with peanut butter etc and I certainly haven’t cooked in random seed oils in years. One exception would be farmed salmon. So now guac, lamb and whole milk are my main sources of fat, about 70g daily instead of 200g on the high fat template.

it’s possible that having t3 exactly at the upper limit of normal makes me crave more pure glucose. As seen with the rapid improvements in blood sugar - insulin - a1c

Last edited:

Jam

Low carb was virtually nothing but a couple fruit in the morning, some fruit juice pre workout and maybe whole milk. 100-150 grams daily. It was a zero starch diet.

high carb has the same items + a bunch of rice pasta and dextrose. As of the fats I don’t generally eat foods high in PUFA, not that I care about PUFA much I just don’t like nuts and seeds, never understood the whole craze with peanut butter etc. One exception would be farmed salmon. So now avocados, lamb and whole milk are my main sources of fat, about 70g daily.
Ok, interesting. Seems we've moved in almost opposite directions. Me, from a high carb (starch and fruit), moderate protein moderate fat (mostly saturated, 70-80g) to a moderate protein, moderate (or perhaps low, considering it is around 100-120g now) carb, high saturated fat. All I did, really, was drop most of the bread and pasta (high quality non-fortified, I'm in Italy) and up the saturated fat, mostly dairy, like crème fraiche, more butter, and more cheese.

OP
M

MitchMitchell

I’m quite positive at this point that lipid v glucose metabolism has a genetic component to it. The way high fat diets trash my lipids, shoot up cortisol/fasted glucose/A1c AND drop my eGFR point at some weak liver-bile function and overall subpar lipolysis. Perhaps HGH output Is being low, which can explain sleep issues. Igf1 was around 200 in December tho. I’ve ordered mk677... Don’t really have the budget for GHRH peptides even tho I have them at a discount.

T3 should theoretically help with liver health and I can see myself eating the same fattier foods that you like (plus they’re delicious) however it seems preposterous rn.... sticking to some of Kempner’s ideas

Jam

Right, although I'm not convinced that the lipids from your first bloods are worse. They would be only if you agree with the mainstream view on cholesterol, which has by now been largely debunked. The slightly higher HDL on the second bloods might be indicative that, either your SCD1 enzyme levels were slightly elevated on the first bloods (SCD1 converts saturated to mono-unsaturated), or that the move from high to low fat impacted your HDL because by lowering total fat intake, you automatically also lowered mono and poly-unsaturated intake. HDL is normally correlated with saturated fat. But, the difference is so small (63 vs 59) as to be statistically irrelevant. The lowered LDL, the way I see it, is actually not an improvement. Or they may have used a different equation to calculate it ;)

OP
M

MitchMitchell

They would be only if you agree with the mainstream view on cholesterol, which has by now been largely debunked.

broda Barnes would like to have a discussion with you ;) if he could. Those first numbers were bad. Current numbers are a okay. Agreed on 63 v 59 being pretty much non significant

LDL as a marker of heart disease has been extensively discussed and I don’t disagree with challenging views.
LDL as a marker of poor metabolism / hypothyroidism isn’t even a debate... it’s about the anatomy of the LDL receptor and T3’s impact on it. It’s just that statins/anti hmg-coA reductase drugs are a big scam, people should have been taking thyroid meds all along. Sadly I don’t think that most cardio wannabe savvy debaters understand endocrinology. Too bad since the latter is far more interesting and complex.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom