Low carb dieters look so much older

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Dammit that blonde looks amazing
Vegan girls look pretty good to most guys...since we don't care about muscle and just want a lean physique.

Vegan guys on the other hand always look a little emaciated. Especially in terms of muscle. But high protein seems to age you...

Yucca

@metabolizm :There’s 2 pathways of energy. From glucose and fats.

So both, for different reasons, can be used equally, with different benefits.
But there’s a common ground who can’t be modified for anyone if you’re searching long term health : avoiding pufa’s and starches (+ optimization of androgen levels for men)

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Lol, your "standard" is a guy who uses botox to promote his fraudulent ideas?
No idea about his botox use but to be fair, ton of ppl get that, hgh, TRT etc. to look younger and have mixed results

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
...or makeup, or photoshop, or lighting techniques.
Unfortunately our society and culture are youth / looks obsessed especially as procedures become cheaper, botox, hair transplants etc.

tankasnowgod

No idea about his botox use but to be fair, ton of ppl get that, hgh, TRT etc. to look younger and have mixed results

It's a problem with all these "looks" threads.

You even apply the double standard yourself. Sisson looks objectively good for 67, but you're all "He's on TRT! Doesn't count!"

Sinclair likely is using botox (as evidenced in other threads), and you're all "He looks great! Who cares if it's TRT or botox or plastic surgery?"

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
It's a problem with all these "looks" threads.

You even apply the double standard yourself. Sisson looks objectively good for 67, but you're all "He's on TRT! Doesn't count!"

Sinclair likely is using botox (as evidenced in other threads), and you're all "He looks great! Who cares if it's TRT or botox or plastic surgery?"
His BODY looks good No doubt.

His FACE, Hair, Skin etc. look about average nothing to write home about.

I'm echoing the other guy's points that low carb seems to improve your physique but your hair and face suffer...

It's interesting to analyze...

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Something I noticed as well. Low-carbers looks exceptional physique-wise - Shawn Baker, Ted Naiman, but facially they seem to age faster. I think the secret to having a muscular body on any diet is actually High Protein.

I think singer Enrique Iglesias should be a very interesting case. He is 45 now and looks better than 80% of 30 years old men out there.
Obviously him being a celebrity means he paid great attention to his looks, possibly had some enhancement / surgeries, coupled with exceptional genetics.
The best lessons in anti-aging come from celebrities. It seems like they have discovered something greater than Attia, Sinclair et all.

1a2c96551b9c6f1a0a3d977d41.jpg

PRC_145512724.jpg

rs_634x1024-200103054253-634-Anna-Kournikova-Enrique-Iglesias-JR-1320.jpg

c95df550-4d72-11ea-bf8f-f35f5ed481be

rs_600x600-200213114721-600.enrique-iglesias-anna-kournikova.ct_.021320-1068x1068.jpg
For sure, I said the same thing. Shredded physiques but things like the skin, hair drops off.

Not sure why, complete broscience: Less oil in the face makes wrinkles more apparent? Hair makes sense -- no glucose, high cortisol causes brittle hair.

nomoreketones

The real question we ought to be asking is, if non-keto low carb diets (125-150 grams of carbs) cause less cortisol than keto diets, which means less fatty acid oxidation is less stressful than more fatty acid oxidation, then what's the point to eating low carb at all?
For someone who is perfectly healthy there point in eating low carb at all. Some people with fatty livers and bad insulin sensitivity in the muscles might eat low carb for that reason. On the other hand, the Forks Over Knives people would take the exact opposite approach and bring down the fat as low as possible to clear the backlog of fat in the muscles in order to improve insulin sensitivity.

The point is that people who decide to go low carb have their reasons.

nomoreketones

Vegan girls look pretty good to most guys...since we don't care about muscle and just want a lean physique.

I disagree. I do not like the skinny emaciated look of vegan girls. Freely the banana girl is completely unattractive to me. I think women are more attractive with some meat on their bones.

Jessie

For someone who is perfectly healthy there point in eating low carb at all. Some people with fatty livers and bad insulin sensitivity in the muscles might eat low carb for that reason. On the other hand, the Forks Over Knives people would take the exact opposite approach and bring down the fat as low as possible to clear the backlog of fat in the muscles in order to improve insulin sensitivity.

The point is that people who decide to go low carb have their reasons.
I'm not sure why someone would go low carb for insulin resistance, it'll only make the problem worse. Most of that is based off pseudoscience, stuff that swindlers like Robert Lustig put out in trendy documentaries. Nutrition trends are socio-political if you haven't figured that out yet. Why do you think a lot of liberals, social democrats, (and a few leftists I guess) are vegan? Likewise, many far-right conspiracy theorists, neoconfederates, and MAGAbros are into this anti-sugar propganda. These people are tools, it has nothing to do with the science. You can watch the content of people like Freelee and Shawn Baker and literally guess what side of the political spectrum they're on, lol.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
I disagree. I do not like the skinny emaciated look of vegan girls. Freely the banana girl is completely unattractive to me. I think women are more attractive with some meat on their bones.
1620074363675.png

Most guys would be elated if their girl looked like that.

nomoreketones

I'm not sure why someone would go low carb for insulin resistance, it'll only make the problem worse. Most of that is based off pseudoscience, stuff that swindlers like Robert Lustig put out in trendy documentaries.
You know some say the same thing about Ray Peat. Some people say the same thing about vegans.

Nutrition trends are socio-political if you haven't figured that out yet.
Of course it is. Everything has been hyper-politicized these days and politics ruins everything. Even the media and judicial system in the United States have been completely corrupted by politics to the point where civil rights don't exist in the United States anymore unless you agree with officially sanctioned propaganda.

As far as nutrition goes, part of the problem though is that the human body is complicated. Lots of discoveries have been made but how all the discoveries fit together in the massively complicated system called the human body still is not fully understood by science. So we shouldn't dismiss any positions out of hand. Good to follow all kinds of nutritional philosophies such as 80/10/10, Keto, Fruitarian, Carnivore, veganism, vegan keto, Atkins, forks-over-knives, etc... Once exposed to all the ideas out there, and individual can experiment and find out what works.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
I'm not sure why someone would go low carb for insulin resistance, it'll only make the problem worse. Most of that is based off pseudoscience, stuff that swindlers like Robert Lustig put out in trendy documentaries. Nutrition trends are socio-political if you haven't figured that out yet. Why do you think a lot of liberals, social democrats, (and a few leftists I guess) are vegan? Likewise, many far-right conspiracy theorists, neoconfederates, and MAGAbros are into this anti-sugar propganda. These people are tools, it has nothing to do with the science. You can watch the content of people like Freelee and Shawn Baker and literally guess what side of the political spectrum they're on, lol.
Interesting, I wonder if the lack of carbs makes people more authoritarian like. I did notice I get cranky on low carb.
Danny quoted a study that found chimpanzees had higher cortisol when their carbohydrate dropped below 200 grams. There's also some human studies that have found T3 levels decline when carbohydrate is below 125 grams. So, if this is a "matter of degree" then sure, those that eat more carbs compared to those that eat less carbs might be slightly less stressed. However, another, far more scientific, way to answer this same question would be those that have less FAO are less stressed than those that have more FAO. But you'll never see low carbers make this argument, because it's not so much an argument as it is a concession. Instead they rather make the point that high cortisol is a good thing actually. This is exactly the argument people like Sisson make, I followed his blog for years. You can find tons of stuff on there about cortisol's amazing fat burning abilities, lol. Cortisol is dubbed the "fat burning" hormone, not the stress hormone. Except, he does contradict everything he preaches when he recommends carb refeeds to lose lingering bodyfat that hasn't went away on standard low carb. His justification? Carb refeeds lower cortisol to shed bodyfat, lmao. It's all a huge circle jerk from these clowns.

The real question we ought to be asking is, if non-keto low carb diets (125-150 grams of carbs) cause less cortisol than keto diets, which means less fatty acid oxidation is less stressful than more fatty acid oxidation, then what's the point to eating low carb at all? If I take only 1/2 tsp of arsenic that would be better than taking a tablespoon. But the justification for taking either is absurd. I don't think the thing about saturated fats and endotoxin will ever be proven (in humans anyways) because I think saturated fats are probably only harmful to people with intestinal dysbiosis. It can't pull endotoxin into the serum if the endotoxin isn't there to begin with (bare in mind, there's always some endotoxin, and some is actually good. But you don't want a lot).

I think someone asked Peat on the herb doctor episodes about fruitarian diets and his reply was something like "more protein would be better." I guess the main issue with fruit based diets is the low protein intake will eventually become anti-thyroid. However I do think high carb vegans are suppressing FAO, which could result in more resilience to certain diseases. Particularly stuff like diabetes and heart disease. Walt Kempner proved that 100 years ago.
I have a feeling that cortisol / adrenaline / noradrenaline helps mobilize fatty tissue to be utilized. It's why drugs that are stimulants in nature help with fat loss.

nomoreketones

Check out her recent video - she’s falling apart.
I know it would never be done but I would like to see an experiment done that split up the vegans who eat her raw till four diet.

Group 1 - Eat Raw till four diet as normal
Group 2 - Eat Raw till four diet as Normal + 100g of pea protein per day.

Then I would like to see which group looks more healthy after the a few years.

Some vegans push the idea the low protein (40g -60g per day) is healthier. But I wonder if the emaciated look is because protein is too low. Also, many vegan body builders have YouTube channels. All the vegan body builders supplement with vegan protein shakes.

I know it would never be done but I would like to see an experiment done that split up the vegans who eat her raw till four diet.

Group 1 - Eat Raw till four diet as normal
Group 2 - Eat Raw till four diet as Normal + 100g of pea protein per day.

Then I would like to see which group looks more healthy after the a few years.

Some vegans push the idea the low protein (40g -60g per day) is healthier. But I wonder if the emaciated look is because protein is too low. Also, many vegan body builders have YouTube channels. All the vegan body builders supplement with vegan protein shakes.
Lot of those bodybuilders are also fake natties.

ursidae

Most guys would be elated if their girl looked like that.
the chest here is cosmetically enhanced. Not that this breast size is not possible at this weight but it is rare. Also, freelee has lost her period previously. By the way I am a woman and similar low weight (I can't control it). It gave me fertility issues and I feel much better at higher weight. Also, struggle to attract people when skinny

I like to look at native people for reference when I wonder what human bodies are meant to look like

Jarawa tribe

Back
Top Bottom