Low carb dieters look so much older

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Check this out. Layne Norton. 39 years old. Phd in Nutritional Sciences. Award-winning in bodybuilding / powerlifting contests. He is a big promoter and CICO, and flexible dieting. Condemns both vegans and carnivores. Claims that red meat, in moderation in healthy. Believes in the LDL - heart disease hypothesis.
Promotes high carb & high protein diets generally.
The lighting does him good in the video, but I'd say he looks good for a 39-year old man. Muscular physique, androgenic facial features (he naturally has high T levels), some recession on the hairline, but other than that, he is in quite good shape.
Also he likely never took steroids.

I remember he did a podcast debate with Shawn Baker on Mark Bell podcast. Everyone in the comments mentioning how he was drinking a Monster energy drink and how they can't take him seriously because of that.

View attachment 23278
That guy is a huge arrogant douche. He does things for $$$ basically a shill for supplement industry like that BCAA crap.

Also, lol @ "natural" bodybuilding those guys juice and he released his bloodwork and his total testosterone was over 1000 ng / dl :D and claims natty!

He also sued Jason Blaha because he accused him of juicing...definitely first amendment supporter!

So, I side more with Shawn Baker, he at least seems natural.

Do some proper research!

equipoise

That guy is a huge arrogant douche. He does things for $$$ basically a shill for supplement industry like that BCAA crap.

Also, lol @ "natural" bodybuilding those guys juice and he released his bloodwork and his total testosterone was over 1000 ng / dl :D and claims natty!

He also sued Jason Blaha because he accused him of juicing...definitely first amendment supporter!

Do some proper research!
Absolutely agreed

OccamzRazer

Not too sound like a durian fanboy, but her overall look has declined ever since they've broken up! Face looking puffy from botox? I don't want to be mean, as long as she's happy with her appearance, totally fine! But her transformation was dramatic (from being fat to high carb vegan)
According to durianrider himself, the thing that ages a person the fastest is unforgiveness.

Think he talked about this in a video called something like "why are all my ex's fat and crazy?"

PxD

The Big Problem with low carb dieters are they're also low fat dieters. Shawn Baker, Joe rogan...etc are retards. They eat big lean steaks/meat, anything past 35% of Dailey calories from protein causes tons of problems which clearly shows on their skin/hairlines

Plus humans Livers can only generate 300-400g of glucose from gluconeogenesis, where a "carnivore" easily does 700-800gs.

If you were to eat low carb, you would want 50% of calories from ruminant mammal fat and 30% protein, and 20% carbs to avoid ketosis. The Sort of Diet WAPF reccomends.

Somthing like Cream+Egg Yolks+Coffee, Small grass fed beef patty 80/20, Goat Cheese and a big spoon heap of Honey in coffee.

Not 200 grams of lean protein, Lol

This sounds like how the 70s era bodybuilders used to eat, Arnold, Franco, that whole crew.

PxD

Yep! The ones before that too, beginning in maybe the 40s or 50s.

Meat, cheese, eggs, some fruit etc. (higher fat diet) when training, so, most of the time.

Low fat diet when getting shredded for contests, but note he comments that a low fat intake tended to make the guys "moody".

OccamzRazer

Meat, cheese, eggs, some fruit etc. (higher fat diet) when training, so, most of the time.

Low fat diet when getting shredded for contests, but note he comments that a low fat intake tended to make the guys "moody".

Interesting...

At some point, the top guys must have switched over from lowish-carb cutting diets to low-fat cutting diets. Gironda, Park, etc used low-carb in the 50s.

Not sure when that switch happened.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
According to durianrider himself, the thing that ages a person the fastest is unforgiveness.

Think he talked about this in a video called something like "why are all my ex's fat and crazy?"
Idk how much sense that makes or how serious he was when he says that...

Maybe holding a grudge isn't healthy but idk if she cares that much? I haven't followed the drama

OP
BestSinceDAYONE

PxD

Interesting...

At some point, the top guys must have switched over from lowish-carb cutting diets to low-fat cutting diets. Gironda, Park, etc used low-carb in the 50s.

Not sure when that switch happened.
I think they moved over to low fat in the 1980s, coincident with the low fat craze in the general public. The 70s were the last decade of the ‘clean’ bodybuilders. Read up on Arnold’s diet - lots of protein and fat, relatively lower amount of carbs.

After the 70s came the mass monsters and mountains of anabolic drugs. For me personally the physiques of the 50s-70s were the peak.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
I think they moved over to low fat in the 1980s, coincident with the low fat craze in the general public. The 70s were the last decade of the ‘clean’ bodybuilders. Read up on Arnold’s diet - lots of protein and fat, relatively lower amount of carbs.

After the 70s came the mass monsters and mountains of anabolic drugs. For me personally the physiques of the 50s-70s were the peak.
Arnold tried to go vegan too and failed. He built all his muscle on animal protein and roids and wants to tell us to do different!

PxD

Arnold tried to go vegan too and failed. He built all his muscle on animal protein and roids and wants to tell us to do different!
Yeah I saw that documentary he was in...thought it was pretty shameful. He was recently pumping renewables as well...I think he’s drifting with the woke currents right now.

nomoreketones

Ah, well I'm sure that didn't affect is sun exposure much. He just traded the hippies for the Cubans, probably a trade I would make too :laughing:. I'm not much for the California lifestyle, or their high living standards.
He also mentioned warmer water in Miami compared to California. Florida is the shark attack capital of the U.S.

Nebula

I wonder if Arnold and others from that era did some damage to their brains with the steroids they were experimenting with. His personality changed as he got older. He went from being jolly and funny to kind of rigid and uptight.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE

Also, what's interesting about DR is he says when he makes the switch for people to high carb low fat diet they initially gain a ton of weight mostly fat (after coming from other dieting protocols, IF, keto, OMAD, etc.) then after a while he said maybe a year the weight just starts to fly off....

Could it be PUFA being drained from the tissues?

nomoreketones

Also, what's interesting about DR is he says when he makes the switch for people to high carb low fat diet they initially gain a ton of weight mostly fat (after coming from other dieting protocols, IF, keto, OMAD, etc.) then after a while he said maybe a year the weight just starts to fly off....

Could it be PUFA being drained from the tissues?
PUFA certainly is super low with Durianrider's approach. This approach works for some people but it doesn't work for all people.

I watch Unnatural Vegan's videos from time to time. She failed miserably with Durianrider's approach a few years back. Her approach now is higher fat than Durianrider but she eats far fewer calories than Durinrider does.

sladerunner69

Most of the 70s era bodybuidlers aren't looking so good these days, if they are even still alive.

GreekDemiGod

He really let himself go, lost most of the muscle mass he had, I think he stopped lifting any weights completely.
He is only 73, could just do TRT and be in a better physical shape than he is now. He turned to soy.

main-qimg-1a51093c4a31d93dfbbff4120f399593

GreekDemiGod

Do some proper research!
Everyone does some things for money, so what's your point? You pay someone money if he provides value, that's the way the world works.
Danny Roddy, Haidut, Shawn Baker all do some things for money. Whether through consulting or supplements.
BCAAs are also supported on this forum, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom