Low Calorie, Low Carb Intake Lowers T3 And Increases RT3

haidut

Perfectly logical findings for those following Peat, but it is nonetheless nice to see even a mainstream "broscience" blog conclude that the only solution to curing the chronic low T3 syndrome is...to eat more and make sure a lot of the food is carbs. Also, it seems that people are also finally wisening up to the dangers of taking pure T4 given that on a suboptimal diet (low carb) it will mostly convert to rT3 and wreak even more havoc on metabolism.
Btw, only 4 days of calorie restriction are enough to wreak the havoc.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/10 ... ntake.html

"...I know you will be asking, but aside from simply eating more there is no way to cure low T3 symptom. In fact the worst thing you can do is to get a script for T4 from your doc, because this will only elevate the inactive thyroid hormone (=break) rT3."

pboy

isn't it a shame, how there is all that info out there that in order to detox and heal you must fast? or eat less? its terrible, that's like the opposite of how you detox and heal...the body need extra energy to do that

nice find

gretchen

pboy said:
isn't it a shame, how there is all that info out there that in order to detox and heal you must fast? or eat less? its terrible, that's like the opposite of how you detox and heal...the body need extra energy to do that

nice find

The most popular suggestion is to drink more water. That, and exercise.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P feeling much better on a very low calorie diet Diet 23
R Viewing High Calorie Food Activates Brain Rewards Areas Significantly More Than Low Calorie Foods Scientific Studies 4
I_am New Peater Here . I Am Transitioning From Low Carb/calorie Raw Vegan Meet & Greet 23
P best e ink display? low emf and easy on the eyes. Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 8
T Low CO2 being my issue??? Male Issues 6
GelatinGoblin Low-Moderate sugar meal with no Protein, Serotonin inducing? Ask For Help or Advice 5
F ""Low Serum AM Cortisol The Cause Of My Problems?"" Doubts About Milk 29
paciencia Low Stomach Acid/Bloating/Silent Reflux Ask For Help or Advice 7
J Thought on Iodine - Low heart rate Metabolism 1
I 2004 patent for low PUFA eggs Dairy, Eggs 10
F Low confidence Mental Issues 2
S Raising cortisol while on low carb Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 4
haidut Heart attack survivors have high stress (cortisol/adrenaline) hypersensitivity, low androgens Scientific Studies 2
haidut Low energy production (glucose metabolism) may cause andropause Scientific Studies 0
M High testosterone low libido Diet 10
G Very low androgens but no sexual issues Sexuality 13
M Supplement Calcium when PTH is low? Calcium 8
G Any ideas on how to boost chronic low red blood count? Ask For Help or Advice 8
A Low Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 0
Bogdar Low PTH, Low D, High Calcium - How Is It Possible? Blood Work, Labs 12
M Restore Low T3 And Low T Thyroid and Hormones 3
IVILA Feeling Really Lazy, Low Libido, And Tired Lately. Need Help Male Issues 5
David PS Low Ambient Humidity Impairs Barrier Function And Innate Resistance Against Influenza Infection Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Starship Is It Possible To Keep Metabolism High And MTOR Low? Metabolism 2
U What's Worse High Fat No Starch Or Low Fat Higher Starch? Diet 12
J Fat And "LOW" Estrogen/low Libido After Andro/pansterone/VitE Ask For Help or Advice 27
Hgreen56 If Joint Pain Is Caused By Low Estrogen, How To Solve This Problem Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 6
Highserotonin90 Low Pyruvate Level ? Metabolism 10
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 28
bzmazu Low Cholesterol Predisposes To Infectious Diseases Cholesterol 0
haidut Low, Not High, Metabolism Creates Oxidative Stress Scientific Studies 2
J The Low-Fat Era - A Big Fat Lie? Diet 5
B Crickets Fed Low Dose Aspirin Live 143% Longer, Have Longer Childhoods And Higher Metabolic Rates Scientific Studies 7
D High Pulse, Low Morning Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 33
Korven German Doctor Treats MS With Low PUFA Diet (Stops Disease In 84% Of Patients) Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 25
GorillaHead Low Dose Progesterone And Side Effects? Thyroid and Hormones 16
Sscobalt High Carb Moderate Protein Low Fat? Diet 37
F Can Thyroid Supplementation Lower Already Low Cortisol? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 2
F Low Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Male Issues 2
Spartan300 Low Androgen Symptoms - Tests Ok - Time To Rethink Male Issues 33
Lokzo Low Dose Naltrexone For Anhedonia/PSSD - WATCH OUT! Experiments 4
S Dr Paul Saladinos Blood Work (High T, Low TSH) Metabolism 10
J Low Blood Sugar Feeling Ask For Help or Advice 6
U High Fat Quality Goat Milk Or Low Fat Store Milk? Diet 9
S Low(ish) 17-HYDROXYPROGESTERONE In Male Worrisome? Ask For Help or Advice 0
V Low Estradiol: Serum, Saliva, Urine Experiments 11
haidut Why Do Covid Fatalities Remain Low When Infection Numbers Are Rising? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 44
C Masturbation Is Killing Me: Balding And Low Energy Throughout The Day Hair & Nails 41
Z Low Progesterone Coming Off Birth Control Female Issues 0
GelatinGoblin Low Albumin - Meaning? Blood Work, Labs 16