Low blood sugar when working out

hei

Basically after 1 set of squats I'm about done, legs shaking, etc. Beforehand I fill up a 700ml cup with orange juice and have most of it before and the rest between sets, so I figure there should be enough sugar to last a little while.

I have lost some weight the last couple of weeks but it was also bad before then. Months ago when I started using cypro it suddenly improved overnight, but by last month I guess that effect had worn off. I'm supplementing with thyroid and preg and the moment.

Just eat more. I get dizzy and shaky while doing heavy squats if I haven’t got at least three meals before the workout. That’s why I usually work out in the afternoon at 5-6pm. I usually have a protein heavy breakfast and mid day dinner and 2 hours before the workout have a carb heavy meal with minimal protein. I usually add a little coconut oil or butter to slow down it’s digestion for more sustained energy during the workout.

OP
H

hei

Poor overall metabolic health. How are your temps?
Fine overall, except that after I start eating at midday my hands immediately get cold and stay like that for some hours.

Just eat more. I get dizzy and shaky while doing heavy squats if I haven’t got at least three meals before the workout. That’s why I usually work out in the afternoon at 5-6pm. I usually have a protein heavy breakfast and mid day dinner and 2 hours before the workout have a carb heavy meal with minimal protein. I usually add a little coconut oil or butter to slow down it’s digestion for more sustained energy during the workout.
Oh well, I won't eat more until the excess fat is gone.

David90

Basically after 1 set of squats I'm about done, legs shaking, etc. Beforehand I fill up a 700ml cup with orange juice and have most of it before and the rest between sets, so I figure there should be enough sugar to last a little while.

I have lost some weight the last couple of weeks but it was also bad before then. Months ago when I started using cypro it suddenly improved overnight, but by last month I guess that effect had worn off. I'm supplementing with thyroid and preg and the moment.
Maybe you filled up you Glycogen Stores not enough. Could also be Poor Metabolic Health. I Know nobody that is done, after 1 Set of Squats.

Try eating a Good Mixed Meal (consisting of Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat) around 2-3 Hours before Workout (Strongly Depending on the Meal Size and Time, when you go to the Gym).

If you need something more Convinient, maybe try this, an Hour before you Workout:

- 500 to 1000ml of Skim Milk
- 30 G of Honey
- 10-15g of Gelatin Powder/Collagen Powder
- (OPTIONAL) An Apple, Banana or a High Fructose Fruit of your choice

I Drink this all the Time, if i'm Finished with my Shift @Work and want to go to the Gym afterwards (aka Workout Day). It rapidly fills up, your stores without sitting in your Stomach like a brick. Also it's so convinient, that you can prepare it in a Shaker Bottle and you can Transporting it with you.

Also if Possible, try drinking (Intra-Workout) A Mixture of Carbonated Water and a 1-2g of Salt. Carbonated Water should Increase your CO2, where as Salt, can help with Mineral Balance (don't sweating out as much?) and holding too much Cortisol/Adrenalin at Bay.