Low Blood Sugar Feeling

Jing

What would cause feeling low blood sugar but feeling full and not having an appetite? Surely with this feeling I should feel hungry?

Maljam

Getting a cheap glucometer can help you monitor your blood sugar and help work out what's going on. What is your diet like?

If you eat low fat, sometimes the blood sugar can rise high and then drop quickly, but still being within normal levels. The sudden drop can cause symptoms similar to being low blood sugar, but it isn't actually low. In this scenario eating more fat allows the blood sugar to rise and fall more slowly and comfortably.

It could also be a stress reaction to something you have eaten your body disagrees with.

Recoen

Getting a cheap glucometer can help you monitor your blood sugar and help work out what's going on. What is your diet like?

If you eat low fat, sometimes the blood sugar can rise high and then drop quickly, but still being within normal levels. The sudden drop can cause symptoms similar to being low blood sugar, but it isn't actually low. In this scenario eating more fat allows the blood sugar to rise and fall more slowly and comfortably.

It could also be a stress reaction to something you have eaten your body disagrees with.
From reading some posts on here, I think many are more having swings vs truly low blood sugar. A true low, like in the 30s feels like your brain is starved for oxygen and glucose. You start sweating and shaking and you literally must eat sugar right away. That’s the only thought your brain can hold on to. Low blood sugar on the way to that point is more like slower cognitive speeds, word finding issues, etc. Feeling tired/ going to sleep a while after eating is more consistent with swinging.

Maljam

From reading some posts on here, I think many are more having swings vs truly low blood sugar. A true low, like in the 30s feels like your brain is starved for oxygen and glucose. You start sweating and shaking and you literally must eat sugar right away. That’s the only thought your brain can hold on to. Low blood sugar on the way to that point is more like slower cognitive speeds, word finding issues, etc. Feeling tired/ going to sleep a while after eating is more consistent with swinging.

Yes definitely. I had "low blood sugar" for several very uncomfortable weeks, feeling similar to the ones you described above, that more sugar and food didn't help. When I purchased a glucometer and every reading was within acceptable range I had to rethink what was going on. Adding more fat to lower the drop is what fixed this for me.

Recoen

Yes definitely. I had "low blood sugar" for several very uncomfortable weeks, feeling similar to the ones you described above, that more sugar and food didn't help. When I purchased a glucometer and every reading was within acceptable range I had to rethink what was going on. Adding more fat to lower the drop is what fixed this for me.
I’m finding added fat to be protective against having a true low too.

Maljam

I'll try more fat

I think that will help, but glucometers are helpful too though, I got mine for about £15 off Amazon. If you are having true low blood sugar it would be useful to know.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Low Cortisol,hormones And High Dhea, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 11
Insomnia Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
Deadpool Need Help ASAP! Low Blood Sugar, Low T, No Energy, Fatigue At 18 Yr Old Ask For Help or Advice 22
raypeatclips What Are Symptoms If Not Low Blood Sugar? Blood Sugar 93
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
yerrag Honey For Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 2
S Low Blood Sugar = Low Willpower Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
haidut Aggression Linked To Low Blood Sugar Mind, Sleep, Stress 2
P Coming From Low-Carb. Pre-Diabetic. Blood Sugar Regulation Blood Sugar 10
A Need Help - Blood Labs (High TSH, Low T4/T3, Low DHEA) Ask For Help or Advice 0
TacoVampire Blood work/ endo/ fatigue / low iron Blood Work, Labs 5
G Any ideas on how to boost chronic low red blood count? Ask For Help or Advice 8
S Dr Paul Saladinos Blood Work (High T, Low TSH) Metabolism 10
Orangeyouglad Why Would I Have Normal/High Blood Cortisol, But Low Saliva Cortisol? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
fitnessgirl High Diastolic Blood Pressure, Low/normal Systolic? Blood Work, Labs 1
L How To Solve Chronically Low BP (How To Increase Blood Pressure)? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 28
P NY ER Doc To Try Diamox (carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor) For COVID - Why Such Low Blood O2? CO2, Bag Breathing 1
C NDT With Low Blood Pressure (hypotension) Ask For Help or Advice 0
A High Blood Urea, High GFR, Low Potassium? Ask For Help or Advice 0
BearWithMe Stubborn Dehydration, High Blood Calcium, Low Phosphorus, Dry Mouth, Excessive Mucus Ask For Help or Advice 49
milkboi Terrible Blood Results: Very Low Energy And Weak Immunity Blood Work, Labs 80
Orangeyouglad Hairloss Blood Work: Low T + High DHT + High Progesterone Blood Work, Labs 85
Mito Low Vitamin D At Birth Raises Risk Of Higher Blood Pressure In Kids D 0
haidut Low-carb Diet Damages Blood Vessels In Humans Scientific Studies 24
DannyIrons™ The Blood Labs Are In. High Prolactin And Low Vit D? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Soren Hair Loss (AGA) And Low Blood Flow: What Everyone Gets Wrong Hair & Nails 59
N High FIGLU And Low Folate Urine, But Blood Folate Ok Blood Work, Labs 6
A Catecholamines, Low Blood Test Hormones 1
H Low Blood Pressure And Salt Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 1
T Fatigue/Depression/Low Libido And Pseudo Gyno - Full Blood Panel Inside [25 Y/o Male] Blood Work, Labs 13
Soren Please Help Diabetes Type 1, Low White Blood Cell HIV? Blood Work, Labs 9
AretnaP People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Brain Fog Have Low Cerebral Blood Flow Scientific Studies 9
C Blood Tests (ed + Low Libido + Depression) Blood Work, Labs 1
E Weird Blood Test, ED/Low Energy At 18 Male Issues 4
Thoushant Recent Blood Test, Low FSH? Blood Work, Labs 1
encerent Don't Low Carb And Iron-man "athlete" Type People Get Blood Tests? Ray Peat Topics 2
Luann Iron Too Low To Donate Blood Blood Work, Labs 13
L Blood Results After Taking 100 Mcg Of SYNTHROID For 8 Weeks. Free T3 Still Low Blood Work, Labs 14
HealthisWealth Blood Test Results = Low Vitamin D, High Cholesterol, FBS, Neutrophils, Low Lymphocytes, Eosinophil Blood Work, Labs 9
N Low Omega 3 Blood Test Result- A Good Thing? Ask For Help or Advice 4
haidut Low Sodium Diet Increases CVD / Death Regardless Of Person's Blood Pressure Scientific Studies 10
I Blood Work - High Cholesterol - High Triglycerides - Low Testosterone Blood Work, Labs 127
C LOW Blood Pressure Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 4
D Did Low Carb diet for 3 years, help! Diet 4
Doludolu Very LOW Iron , Sufficient Ferritin, Excesivelly high vitamin B12 - Anemia or what is going on? Blood Work, Labs 2
VendettaRed911 Low carb dieters look so much older Diet 116
C Low dose Testosterone Ask For Help or Advice 10
E Low DHT but still losing my hair? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Doludolu Switching from low carb | keto | carnivore experimentation back to High-carb. Tips for safe metabolic return ? Diet 11
M Low or high stomach acid ? How to tell? Digestion 4