Low Bile Flow / Low Stomach Acid

Motif

anybody knows what causes this?
Low bile is something I always had, but low stomach acid came later for me.
The bile issue makes me constipatet and I've always been.

I also have slightly too high bilirubin.
Other liver tests were perfect.

This is my hormone tests:

Saliva Test Reliable For Hormones?

In this link somebody claims high bilirubin is simply low copper, which is a problem for me too when blood tests are reliable. It's almost a bit in deficiency or slightly above the low norm.
But I was taking copper high dosed over about two months with change.

Ron J

When I added cacao(decent amount of copper) my stools hardened. It was an improvement from loose stools.
When I was on no-fat(skim milk) my stools were pale and seemed undigested. Salt made an improvement, but not enough. Fat made an improvement, but not enough. What helped was cholesterol from eggs. Either fructose wasn't enough to increase cholesterol production, or table sugar(I used a decent amount for sugar calories) isn't optimal due to the lack of nutrients/cofactors; perhaps if my sugar intake was from fruits only, I would have had better cholesterol production via fructose intake.

And I'm wondering if we should focus more on stomach acid production to decrease endotoxin, both directly and from improved transit(specially while consuming a high alkaline/mineral diet).

TeaRex14

Low thyroid can cause decreased stomach acid. The gut and thyroid are usually connected, so fixing the thyroid will fix the digestive system ordinarily. Taurine can be used to increase bile.

Inaut

@TeaRex14 I thought it was in this order-- fix the gut, to fix the liver, to fix the thyroid. I'm probably wrong

sunraiser

Thyroid is surpressed for a reason, though. Often because metabolism isn't strong enough to support caloric intake for robust thyroid function - this can be due to lots of causes sadly.

I have also had elevated billirubin.

Have you ever taken accutane or long term fat solubles?

Many accutane users report high bilirubin and low ceruloplasmin.

Taurine should definitely be used conservatively. I find 8mg b6 helps me tolerate 500mg taurine.

Without the b6 taurine is absolutely crippling on my adrenals and causes a worsening chronic fatigue like state.

OP
M

Motif

No, mine is not caused by fat soluble vitamins.

Taurine is something that gave me my usual histamine symptoms unfortunately.

TeaRex14

@TeaRex14 I thought it was in this order-- fix the gut, to fix the liver, to fix the thyroid. I'm probably wrong
I guess it's possible to get SIBO and stuff of that nature with good thyroid, but it's rare. Most people with SIBO, endotoxin, and other problems usually have poor thyroid.

OP
M

Motif

Never helped with my symptoms, but I started this morning with Magnesium again

TeaRex14

What type do you take? Magnesium carbonate and magnesium glycinate are the best forms. I would recommend taking about 500mgs of mag carbonate, which is roughly 200mgs of magnesium, on an empty stomach twice a day. Lots of things will interfere with mag adsorption, including fiber and other nutrients.

TeaRex14

Yeah that looks okay, at 300mgs I would take it on an empty stomach twice a day, maybe with some juice just in case it drops the blood glucose which mag is known to do. If that doesn't help, taking 600mgs on an empty stomach twice a day would be okay to try. If you still don't notice a difference then your problem is not related to a mag deficiency. If you do notice a difference though, it's probably a sign you need to take some desiccated thyroid to help retain your magnesium.

Inaut

@TeaRex14 does taking mag carbonate cause a laxative effect in those amounts? I was taking two teaspoons (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and I wasn't sure if it was the cause of my loose stools (or the limonene flushing my gallbladder)

TeaRex14

@TeaRex14 does taking mag carbonate cause a laxative effect in those amounts? I was taking two teaspoons (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and I wasn't sure if it was the cause of my loose stools (or the limonene flushing my gallbladder)
Yes I believe that's very possible. I've taken up to 2,000mgs of mag carbonate (which is around 800mgs of magnesium) before and my stools were much softer. It never gave me diarrhea, just softer perhaps slightly more frequent stools.

TeaRex14

Ok, then I would feel. Difference tomorrow
If deficient in magnesium, then yeah you should. However I think it's important to be clear, this isn't a permanent fix. Rather an experiment to see if you're retaining magnesium or not. Hypothyroid people tend to lose magnesium, so replenishing magnesium temporarily should bring these mag deficient people back to normal, temporarily. A long term solution would be desiccated thyroid supplementation. Also, it may be related to something else entirely. Protein deficiency, B vitamin deficiency, low carb diets, etc. could all be common causes as well.

OP
M

Motif

I think i was eating way too little protein all my life + working out a lot.
I upped my protein intake maybe three weeks ago. My hair loss could be slightly improved I think.