Low Bile Flow / Low Stomach Acid

I think i was eating way too little protein all my life + working out a lot.
I upped my protein intake maybe three weeks ago. My hair loss could be slightly improved I think.
Are you drinking Coke? When my digestion was still healing, I couldn't digest much food and I needed some coke with every protein-rich meal to correctly digest it properly. I agree that protein ingestion and assimilation are very important. Supplementing magnesium is a very good idea, as is using thyroid( this is really one of the things that I feel would be good for me to do but I'm not doing it yet; a good thyroid supplement isn't easy to find where I live, as far as I know). Other than this, eliminating goitrogenic foods and keeping PUFA and fluoride intake low is necessary even when using thyroid, since, for example, PUFA makes cells less sensitive to thyroid hormone and one atom of fluoride cancels out one entire molecule of thyroid hormone.

OP
M

Motif

No coke, just occasionally. But I take hcl betain and it helps.

Is there a list of all goitrogenic foods? Need to look for one.

How long does it take to get out of a deficiency after getting the right amounts of , like in my case , protein?

No coke, just occasionally. But I take hcl betain and it helps.

Is there a list of all goitrogenic foods? Need to look for one.

How long does it take to get out of a deficiency after getting the right amounts of , like in my case , protein?
The most common goitrogenic foods are leafy vegetables of the 'Brassica' family( broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc.), some fruits( I remember reading that pears are goitrogenic, as well as peaches), legumes, some roots( such as cassava).

After writing this, I found a pretty good list on this site:Are Goitrogens in Foods Harmful?.

I don't know how long it would take, but the improvements should be very easy to see: increases in muscle mass even without much exercise, less inflammation/ burning sensations, an easier time keeping a good posture, better memory, better mood, improved satiation, etc. Hair health is also something that I think would improve.

TeaRex14

Are you drinking Coke? When my digestion was still healing, I couldn't digest much food and I needed some coke with every protein-rich meal to correctly digest it properly. I agree that protein ingestion and assimilation are very important. Supplementing magnesium is a very good idea, as is using thyroid( this is really one of the things that I feel would be good for me to do but I'm not doing it yet; a good thyroid supplement isn't easy to find where I live, as far as I know). Other than this, eliminating goitrogenic foods and keeping PUFA and fluoride intake low is necessary even when using thyroid, since, for example, PUFA makes cells less sensitive to thyroid hormone and one atom of fluoride cancels out one entire molecule of thyroid hormone.
Have you tried a good quality vitamin E supplement yet? A lot of times people may not need thyroid if you take vitamin E. Especially if your root cause is related to PUFA suppressing the thyroid.

OP
M

Motif

Broccoli , kale and cabbage
I'm crying.

Thanks for the list and the link! Will look into it

I hope my hair will improve from more protein. And my dermatitis

Vinny

From where do you know this?
It was a quote from Peat. In this same quote he described the time when he was living in San Francisco, I believe, and he said he got hypothyroid from drinking the water of this region, which happens to be fluoridated.

Have you tried a good quality vitamin E supplement yet? A lot of times people may not need thyroid if you take vitamin E. Especially if your root cause is related to PUFA suppressing the thyroid.
A couple of years ago I tried some vitamin E, but it wasn't high quality: it contained soybean oil as one of the excipients, and the capsules weren't small, and considering soybean oil is almost 60% PUFA, I think there is enough polyunsaturates in there to make a difference. And the fact that PUFAs are so susceptible to oxidation makes me wonder how much vitamin E really was in those softgels.
A week or so ago, I bought some vitamin E succinate from PureBulk and it, as far as I know, doesn't contain any PUFA, and I think it has no excipients. I plan on trying it soon, but I'm trying to make sure that I'm not making my blood too thin, since I take relatively high dosages of cyproheptadine, which has this effect. I'm probably going to end up lowering my dosage and then I feel like it's safe to use vitamin E. Thanks for the suggestion!

Broccoli , kale and cabbage
I'm crying.

Thanks for the list and the link! Will look into it

I hope my hair will improve from more protein. And my dermatitis
No problem! Cheers!

OP
M

Motif

Too bad that I can't tolerate taurine. Sounds like it's exactly what I need.

sunraiser

Too bad that I can't tolerate taurine. Sounds like it's exactly what I need.

Again, taurine is not something to be used without extreme care, but would you mind outlining the exact symptoms you get after consuming taurine?

What dosages have you tried?

When I first started using taurine, even 500 mg would give me a strange feeling in my gut. I think it was cleansing my gallbladder or my liver. I also got very euphoric with my first dosage and I started sweating a lot. The bad feeling in the gut went away after a few days. Nowadays I use about 2 grams, 3 times a day without problems. How long have you tried using taurine? Sometimes, when the body is very deficient in something, the reaction when you supply the body with it can be uncomfortable.

OP
M

Motif

I used 1 g maybe.
I get the same symptoms like from everything that I don't tolerate. Dermatitis, hair loss, Seborrhoic eczema

sunraiser

I used 1 g maybe.
I get the same symptoms like from everything that I don't tolerate. Dermatitis, hair loss, Seborrhoic eczema

I don't have the same symptoms as you but taurine causes me extreme fatigue and anhedonia unless I take it with B6 (pyridoxine hcl).

I don't fully understand why - I have read about certain bacteria that feed on b6, and I certainly have no reason to be b6 deficient from a dietary standpoint.

You could try 10mg b6 with 500mg taurine (or even lower amount) to observe any changes.

Be aware that this isn't robust or wholesome advice, it's more for short term experimental purposes. Taurine and b6 are definitely things to be cautious with.

I eat a really varied and non restrictive diet and don't have such an issue with experimentation at current, but have caused awful situations for myself with supplements in the past.

LiveWire

I take 5-7 grams of taurine twice a day. Don’t feel anything, I don’t even know why I take it. When I hear prople having all these reactions to miniscule amounts of anything, I always wonder if the problem is me or them.

magnesiumania

I take 5-7 grams of taurine twice a day. Don’t feel anything, I don’t even know why I take it. When I hear prople having all these reactions to miniscule amounts of anything, I always wonder if the problem is me or them.

Or both?

CLASH

Low fat diets cause low bile flow. Especially low long chain MUFA and SAFA diets. Long chain sources are cocoa butter and beef tallow. Butter has some issues due to its concentrated hormonal content. Coconut oil is a medium chain fat, doesnt stimulate bile.

I would venture to guess most peoples issues here are small intestine bacterial overgrowth due to a low fat diet leading to decreased bile acids and fatty acids in the small intestine, both of which are strongly antibacterial.

When going from a low fat diet to a high fat diet there will be a period of transition as you kill the overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. Taurine reliably increases bile output by the liver hence the issues. After a few days of a higher fat diet you’ll clear the small intestine and you will most likely have improved digestion and be much leaner. I eat 200g of fat a day, 160 of which are from beef tallow. I also eat 300-400g of sugar a day from fruit and juice. I sit around 10% bodyfat on this diet with no problem and little exercise. I have repeated the same results with multiple other people, using the same methods. I personally think fat should be atleast 30% calories for people.

LiveWire

Low fat diets cause low bile flow. Especially low long chain MUFA and SAFA diets. Long chain sources are cocoa butter and beef tallow. Butter has some issues due to its concentrated hormonal content. Coconut oil is a medium chain fat, doesnt stimulate bile.

I would venture to guess most peoples issues here are small intestine bacterial overgrowth due to a low fat diet leading to decreased bile acids and fatty acids in the small intestine, both of which are strongly antibacterial.

When going from a low fat diet to a high fat diet there will be a period of transition as you kill the overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. Taurine reliably increases bile output by the liver hence the issues. After a few days of a higher fat diet you’ll clear the small intestine and you will most likely have improved digestion and be much leaner. I eat 200g of fat a day, 160 of which are from beef tallow. I also eat 300-400g of sugar a day from fruit and juice. I sit around 10% bodyfat on this diet with no problem and little exercise. I have repeated the same results with multiple other people, using the same methods. I personally think fat should be atleast 30% calories for people.
How old are you @CLASH ?

CLASH

@LiveWire
24 years old

For context I have been up to 20% bodyfat on a low fat/ very low fat, milk and oj based diet if you are going to make the age argument here in relation to weight and metabolism. I have been playing with my diet methodically for a decade.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals