Low Albumin - Meaning?

GelatinGoblin

Still haven't done Kidney or Liver tests to confirm any abnormality but supposedly the doctor found slightly lower than normal Albumin and I have to give a Urine sample tomorrow, what could Low Albumin mean?
I read it could be caused by Inflammation, Shock and Malnutrition.
I eat adequate animal Protein protein, no recent shock -- Inflammation? Layman investigation :cool:

Any help, insight would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

How much Protein do you get, and since when?

Will "a lot" suffice? :D
I eat quite a lot of red meat, I.E beef steaks, shoulders, not recently but I eat beef gelatin broth liver heart
Also eggs, sometimes a bit of cheese
Potatoes
For a few months I eat like this but have always eaten meat. Although one thing that may have changed recently is only a single meal a day unfortunately, poor time management. Ice cream made from butter with not too much additives, carrots with coconut oil, 100% fruit juices like OJ, pomegranate, sour cherry; all of that in-between to suffice the one meal.
Main point: a good amount but in a single meal, maybe not enough. Always have eaten a good amount of protein, if that's what the "when" meant; otherwise the Albumin is low since only recently, my doctor brought it to my attention.
Excuse my structure I'm really tired...

redsun

I eat quite a lot of red meat, I.E beef steaks, shoulders, not recently but I eat beef gelatin broth liver heart
Potatoes
For a few months I eat like this but have always eaten meat. Although one thing that may have changed recently is only a single meal a day unfortunately, poor time management. Ice cream made from butter with not too much additives, carrots with coconut oil, 100% fruit juices like OJ, pomegranate, sour cherry; all of that in-between to suffice the one meal.
Main point: a good amount but in a single meal, maybe not enough. Always have eaten a good amount of protein, if that's what the "when" meant; otherwise the Albumin is low since only recently, my doctor brought it to my attention.

Eat more meals to get a chance to get adequate macronutrients and micronutrients otherwise low albumin is going to be the least of your problems. You are looking at malnutrition and all associated diseases in the long term that doesnt go away easily. Malnutrition can cause low albumin but even if thats not the reason you risk malnutrition in the long term eating once a day. Most people need more than just RDA values to improve and maintain better health.

Make time to eat at least 2 normal sized meals with proper foods with snacks in between if you can. Life can be hectic and busy for many of us, but you make time for your health because in the end its the very thing that gives you a foundation for which you can live on and participate in life. Red meat is great but your body would be a lot happier eating it throughout the day and not just once.

tallglass13

Albumin is made in liver. Albumin was mentioned by Ray and he said that person must have at least a 4.0 or 40 to50, or 4.3 to have good immunity. As a medical professional in the emergency room I have correlated this and seen that the sickest people have low albumin. So I think Ray is right again.

Potatoes

That answered my questions well. I too believe that you need to eat more often, and that you should aim for 1.6 to 2.2 grams of Protein per kilogram of your bodyweight, you need at least 2 meals a day, now you need to catch up and could increase your intake of protein additionally by up to 50 percent. People routinely overestimate their intake of animalprotein though. Snack on something like eggs if you do not find the time, but eating more meals,2 to 4 a day, and taking something like Thorne Research 2/day is the best course of action. And salt is difficult, excess intake increases albuminuria, the overt elimination of albumin via urinary elimination. How much do you get?

orewashin

That answered my questions well. I too believe that you need to eat more often, and that you should aim for 1.6 to 2.2 grams of Protein per kilogram of your bodyweight, you need at least 2 meals a day, now you need to catch up and could increase your intake of protein additionally by up to 50 percent. People routinely overestimate their intake of animalprotein though. Snack on something like eggs if you do not find the time, but eating more meals,2 to 4 a day, and taking something like Thorne Research 2/day is the best course of action. And salt is difficult, excess intake increases albuminuria, the overt elimination of albumin via urinary elimination. How much do you get?
That's the first time I've heard the conception that excess salt causes albuminuria. I don't think it can unless someone has kidney disease.

That's the first time I've heard the conception that excess salt causes albuminuria. I don't think it can unless someone has kidney disease.

The mainstream conception is that it increases (micro)albuminuria, and further renal damage can then lead to (macro)albuminuria.

orewashin

The mainstream conception is that it increases (micro)albuminuria, and further renal damage can then lead to (macro)albuminuria.
In his article about salt, RP says that sodium restriction stresses the kidneys by activating the RAA system. I wanted to paste the quote and link here, but it's not working.

When asked about high salt consumption, RP only said that the chloride may be an issue.

In his article about salt, RP says that sodium restriction stresses the kidneys by activating the RAA system. I wanted to paste the quote and link here, but it's not working.

When asked about high salt consumption, RP only said that the chloride may be an issue.

I disagree with Peat on the role of salt in terms of health, not a big fan of the white gold anymore.

What do you think about salting to craving?

It does not seem feasible. We just use as much as is pleasurable from a perceived taste point of view, but our gustatory systems never evolved around 'making' delicious bowls and plates, but as a threat detector. There could be also mismatching going on, like panda bears which should eat beef, but eat bamboo or whatever; if there is some type of brain preference, it does not mean it has to be helpful, drug abuse acts on the same principle. Primitive occurence of sodium in unprocessed foods would be quite low, something like 700 - 1400mg of Na as daily total.

orewashin

It does not seem feasible. We just use as much as is pleasurable from a perceived taste point of view, but our gustatory systems never evolved around 'making' delicious bowls and plates, but as a threat detector. There could be also mismatching going on, like panda bears which should eat beef, but eat bamboo or whatever; if there is some type of brain preference, it does not mean it has to be helpful, drug abuse acts on the same principle. Primitive occurence of sodium in unprocessed foods would be quite low, something like 700 - 1400mg of Na as daily total.
Our brain size was limited until we started eating fruit. If you don't change your environment for the better, then you won't evolve. Just because we ate something for thousands of years doesn't mean it's ideal.

Our brain size was limited until we started eating fruit. If you don't change your environment for the better, then you won't evolve. Just because we ate something for thousands of years doesn't mean it's ideal.

true, but still.

OP
GelatinGoblin

GelatinGoblin

And then we started cooking tubers/starches, eating honey and drinking milk. Probably :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals