Love For Coke

equipoise

Few weeks ago I have found out that Austrian Coca Cola uses real cane sugar in the place of HFCS that's in every Coca Cola I've tried. This is Europe.

The difference is day and night. This stuff is amazing. It always picks me out from any depression like symptoms.

Any Coca Cola lovers here?

orewashin

What's so bad about HFCS? It has more or less the same ratio of glucose to fructose.

OP
E

equipoise

"Much of the current concern about the dangers of fructose is focussed on the cornstarch-derived high fructose corn syrup, HFCS. Many studies assume that its composition is nearly all fructose and glucose. However, Wahjudi, et al. (2010) analyzed samples of it before and after hydrolyzing it in acid, to break down other carbohydrates present in it. They found that the carbohydrate content was several times higher than the listed values. "The underestimation of carbohydrate content in beverages may be a contributing factor in the development of obesity in children," and it's especially interesting that so much of it is present in the form of starch-like materials."

Ray Peat

"Corn syrup is something to avoid, because manufactured foods always contain contaminants, but it's not mong the worst additives."

Ray Peat

Also, it's 4 times the calories.

OP
E

equipoise

No. We hate mexicokes here.

Mexi Coke is one thing, Coca Cola is another thing.

I do find your sarcasm lovely though :)

It seems that Austria is an anomaly in Europe apropos sugar Coke.
The price is also the same. Tastes better aswell.

gately

The price is also the same. Tastes better aswell.
It’s nectar of the gods, man. It’s like a spiritual experience having it for the first time. Glad it makes you feel better.

opson123

The price is also the same. Tastes better as well.
Finland has sugar Coke as well. :handok: I think only imported sodas here have HFCS.

orewashin

Wait a minute, what about Pepsi?
mfuun.png

Attakai

"Europe" Is very vague. In Sweden we have always had real sugar in our soda.

Arlene Nyhof

Mexican coke is easy for me to find. I love it, stress relief for sure....from the sound when I open it to the last drop....

purple pill

Coke in the Uk seems fine too
Yeah, shame about the sugar tax though, getting pretty pricey to feed my habit. Government here loving pushing people to unhealthier options... Saturated fats to pufa, sugar to sweeteners, Low salt :rolleyes:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals