lots of Peat inspired Recipes

Dutchie

Hi everyone,

Today I came across this Pinterest which has a collection of all kinds of Peat inspired Recipes as I was searching for some inspiration, though I sadly can't adhere to the entire Peat diet bc of the fruitfructose giving me issues even from fruitlike veggies such as tomatoes which I all actually liked :( (the grilled peach looks amazing) so I must stick to pure sucrose/glucose(which isn't an entire punishment either;)) such as raw cane sugar,molasses,maple syrup,palm sugar.
So,I lately kinda see myself eating/trying to figure out more of a mix between Peatish eating and the Eat4Heat Salt/sugar/starch(sat.fat) thing....which in one way is helping me,but also causing lots of confusing troubles.(I've develloped a love relationship with Rice Porridge/Milchreis)

Anyway here's the Pinterest link: http://www.pinterest.com/milkmaplesirup ... ired-eats/

Today on Google I even randomly found an icecream recipe that uses Gelatin as a thickener in it.....so one can actually even have it's icecream and eat it too;)......beats Haagen Dazs! (which I never actually ate but found a similar organic icecream manufacturer though I suspect the cream is still giving me issues so I'll have to try my hand at making my own.(saw so many wonderful flavours and recipes,where to begin...)
Here's the Gelatin icecream recipe. I guess if you're a professional icecreammaker you can substitute flavours and ingredients to desire: http://cooks.ndtv.com/recipe/show/vanil ... tine-99164

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice!!! :rockout

OP
D

Dutchie

kRe: lots of Peat inspired Recipes

Maybe its me,but i dont see anything but coffeemugs?

4peatssake

Re: kRe: lots of Peat inspired Recipes

Dutchie said:
Maybe its me,but i dont see anything but coffeemugs?

That happened to me too Dutchie!

I finally clicked around on something and was brought to a collection of recipes on pinterest. But overall, it was confusing and so I was like, "Oh nevermind!" :lol:

Dan W

Yeah, the interface is confusing. You have to click one of the mugs that represents the person to enlarge. Then you click the mug again to go to their page. Then you click a food/recipe that interests you, then you click the now-enlarged picture to get the actual recipe.

Then your finger falls off from so much clicking.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

4peatssake

Dan Wich said:
Then your finger falls off from so much clicking.

fingerfallsoff.jpg

4peatssake

Yeah creepy indeed!

Maybe we need to start a comic thread for some comic relief?

StanGruel-Potatoside-0002.jpg

OP
D

Dutchie

Today I came along this Paleo blog,which has a lot of recipes that are Peatish (I guess you only sometimes need to substitute the protein source)

http://sexfoodandkettlebells.com/

Maybe it's an idea to make a 'sticky' topic with all kinds of links to recipes&sites/blogs?

It's kinda funny though,back in the days when I had to eat Paleo something in my mind always rebelled against the tag "Paleo and having to eat Paleo....even pronouncing the name made me feel awkward" (still rings negative in my ears). Couple of days ago, I was thinking about eating this way and it actually would still fit into the term Paleo/Primal in the bigger picture,but now I don't feel weird at all anymore about what I eat even though it's considered weird by most people.
I think the problem's that Paleo/Primal is too much focussed&associated with lowcarb/highfat/high protein and sometimes no dairy...

HDD

Might have to try that pizza with coconut flour. I made some pizza on millet bread this week and it made my temperature drop.

OP
D

Dutchie

Haagendazendiane said:
Might have to try that pizza with coconut flour. I made some pizza on millet bread this week and it made my temperature drop.
Yeah,thats what grains can do. At least thats what billy craig told me,grains can cause metabolism to drop and bind important nutrients&minerals,so that migth also explai the temp.drop that your mineral/nutrients arent complete anymore?
So,that makes me wonder when that happens if were still in a hypothyroid/hypometabolic stage?
I saw at the blog of Jenn that she has some recipes with rice,corn and oatmeal, i wonder if her temp drops after eating grains and starch in form of potato? Jenn,does your temp drop? And do you still eat gtains(and taters?).....i bet you burn it all off working at a farm. Still envious of you,in a good way;)

About 2weeks ago i tried to make my own. version of coconutflour buttermilk pancakes but i think i used too much baking soda,as they tasted really awfull kinda bitter. Probably my own fault,as i tried to combine 2different recipes to make them eggless. Thats actually what i dislike,that all baked stuff always call for eggs or at least the yolks.
At the pinterest i saw a picture of a coconut sliced in half filled with fruit,that looked really good. also the grilled fruit such as peach pineapple,plums etc. During my paleoish period i would loathe and usually avoid family bbqs bc of all food&condiments/sauces they ate and me battling craving them.....but now grilling fruit or making some kebabs with shrimp or whitefish seems like fun:)

Speaking of the coconutfruit bowl,are there delicious peat alternatives for a salad maybe with shrimp,whitefish,feta or with a dairybased dressing? Or maybe a coconutmilk dressing,thinking maplesyrup&lemonjuice make also a tasty combination? I know people over here arent big on fiber and such,but during warm days/summer i usually dont feel like cooking and. found salads to be refreshing. And what would you toss into it since greens are pretty much out,doesnt necessarily have to be veggies.(can you eat pumpkin/butternut raw?) What make tasty combinations? I dont like olive oil based dressings,never really cared for it tastewise

HDD

Have you ever tried ceviche? Great for summer! I have made with shrimp, fish, and/or scallops.

4peatssake

Haagendazendiane said:
Might have to try that pizza with coconut flour.
Me too. :woo

Oh man, that is the one thing I miss the most. Pizza. It's a food group! :lol:

But when I cheat with it - and believe me I do - I pay for it. So this looks terrific! I even told my husband he may be proposing again this week when I make him pizza! He was pretty close last week when I made Jenn's french fries! :rolling

HDD

4peatssake said:
Haagendazendiane said:

But when I cheat with it - and believe me I do - I pay for it. So this looks terrific! I even told my husband he may be proposing again this week when I make him pizza! He was pretty close last week when I made Jenn's french fries! :rolling

:lol:
My husband loves the French fries, too. I bought a French fry cutter, "as seen on tv", and it is wonderful!

pboy

A foolish question I know...but, to simply bake a potato, what time and temp is best? (And should I cover it with parchment paper, skin it first, or just bake as is?) Thanks. I'd usually always steam or fry them but I don't have access to a stove atm

4peatssake

pboy said:
A foolish question I know...but, to simply bake a potato, what time and temp is best? (And should I cover it with parchment paper, skin it first, or just bake as is?) Thanks. I'd usually always steam or fry them but I don't have access to a stove atm
I bake at 375 (I have a very hot oven, so it's closer to 400 which some people set their oven to) for about an hour. Time depends on the size of the potatoes though so it's really until they are fork tender.

I bake as is (well, after washing them) but don't eat the peel, just open, slather with butter and add copious amounts of salt. Yum.

In summer, I'll sometimes wrap them in foil, after cutting nearly in half and inserting butter and salt, and then toss them on the BBQ, again for about an hour or until fork tender. These are good too!

OP
D

Dutchie

4peatssake said:
Haagendazendiane said:

Keep in mind itll be coconutflavoured pizza. At the. site of empoweredsustenance i saw a pizza made with butternutsquash crust.
I guess if you do starch,maybe rice or potatoflour might also work?

pboy

4peatssake said:
pboy said:
I bake at 375 (I have a very hot oven, so it's closer to 400 which some people set their oven to) for about an hour. Time depends on the size of the potatoes though so it's really until they are fork tender.

I bake as is (well, after washing them) but don't eat the peel, just open, slather with butter and add copious amounts of salt. Yum.

In summer, I'll sometimes wrap them in foil, after cutting nearly in half and inserting butter and salt, and then toss them on the BBQ, again for about an hour or until fork tender. These are good too!

awesome , thanks. BBQ'ing sounds like an excellent idea too...I have plenty of oak logs hanging around