Lost Smell post-Covid

rothko

Hello all,

Tested positive for covid and had the mildest flu of my life 2.5 days of congestion and night fever/chills. However, I never fully regained my smell. I know that this is a symptom of coronaviruses generally. But does anyone know any specific tips to jump start my sense of smell back to normal? Or is it just time? Thanks

J

jb116

Hello all,

Tested positive for covid and had the mildest flu of my life 2.5 days of congestion and night fever/chills. However, I never fully regained my smell. I know that this is a symptom of coronaviruses generally. But does anyone know any specific tips to jump start my sense of smell back to normal? Or is it just time? Thanks
You some theanine. You'll feel better and your sense of smell will come back

Perry Staltic

Loss a sense of smell is a symptom of zinc deficiency. I'd do 40 mg or so per day + selenium.

J

jb116

Thanks, I have good green tea ill start drinking that.
It's really nothing more than a bad cold /flu. Just like with those situations, loss of taste and smell is a primary thing. More serotonin implicated in this case. I'm noticing something like theanine is very anti free plasma serotonin. So using the tea or maybe some bigger doses for a few days with supplement should be really helpful.

metabolizm

It'll come back. My girlfriend lost her sense of smell and taste for two-three weeks.

Inaut

I've read that re-sensitizing your olfactories can be done with the use of essential oils. I'd try inhaling some oils to speed it along.

LeeLemonoil

The odorant and Taste receptors are part of the immune system. It’s now established (and published) that the covid cases with loss of those functions are to a very large extent the mild to moderate cases because lots of them virus was combated at those receptor sites. But they get destroyed or badly damaged in the inflammatory process. Thus the loss of function.

They are nerve cells and complicated proteins. It will take up to 6, sometimes 8 weeks for them to regrow. But they will.

Vinnie06

As Inaut said above re Olfactories, there is a video on youtube of a Chiropracter who flicks the back of your head while you put a finger on the point between your eyes. Seems to work immediately in regaining taste.

bogbody

my husband lost his smell for a couple of weeks also post covid and gradually got it back . the thing thay heled him the most besides time and rest was smelling different essential oils regularly and also using lots of different flavors and aromatic spices when cooking. he said Indian food especially helped.

AndrewGesell

my husband lost his smell for a couple of weeks also post covid and gradually got it back . the thing thay heled him the most besides time and rest was smelling different essential oils regularly and also using lots of different flavors and aromatic spices when cooking. he said Indian food especially helped.
Was in a long hauler group and heard much the same

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P 23 yr man completely lost in life, advice from older men wanted Male Issues 36
S Lost My Taste For Meat Diet 20
Drareg Years Of Life Lost Due To The Psychosocial Consequences Of COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies Based On S Scientific Studies 0
R Lost And Need HELP! 24 Y/o Dry, Thinning, Grey Hair. Help Please, Do I Need A Hormone And Mineral Hair & Nails 17
J Neuroticism - Lost In Unresolved Health Issues Mental Issues 0
C I Lost Hope Male Issues 16
jamies33 What, If Anything, Is Lost When Liver Is Soaked In Milk? Organ Meat 1
corvetteseeker Anyone Struggled With Weight All Their Life And Only Lost It After Peating? Weight 9
UltraSuperior Another Recommendation Thread, But Lost On What I Should Buy(Germany) Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 51
boris Low Fat Diet - No Changes In Fat Oxidation, But More Body Fat Lost Than In A Low Carb Diet Scientific Studies 2
H Lost Alot Of Glute Size Since Peating Weight 16
E Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly Blood Work, Labs 90
johnwester130 Need To Quit Milk. Can I Use Eggshell Calcium To Replace The Lost Calcium ? Ask For Help or Advice 19
H I've Never Seen Hairloss/pattern Baldness Like Mine. Lost 70% Of My Hair In 4-5 Years Hair & Nails 44
yerrag New Year: Trump And Bannon - Who Lost Whom? Who Is The Real Loser? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 10
T Lost Trying Improving My Health Ask For Help or Advice 31
JCastro Lost Hope And Dissociation Mental Issues 85
Healthia Lost Libido Male Issues 89
Bodhi At Lost About Vitamin A Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
yerrag Help Me Figure Out How I Lost Weight Without Trying Metabolism 16
halken For those who are lost Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 3
I Can Weight Gained From Cyproheptadine Ever Be Lost? Cyproheptadine 37
D Interested but partially lost. Meet & Greet 5
K Lost vision for WHOLE MINUTE, almost fainted at club, WTF? Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 27
I In need of help...completely lost Ask For Help or Advice 18
M Weight Gain. BUT Inches Lost! FINALLY! Diet, Recipes 55
A The smell of lamb kidney Diet 13
T I can barely smell anything after drinking coffee. Is this normal? Diet 3
M loss of smell Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 1
A PUFA (omega-7 Unsaturated Fatty Acids) Cause Of 'old People Smell' Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 3
S What Should Betaine Hcl Smell Like? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 13
haidut Luca Turin's Quantum Theory Of Smell Scientific Studies 0
methylenewhite Smell Of Death Is Made Of Linolenic And Oleic Acids Scientific Studies 1
I TERRIBLE Mucous Smell Ask For Help or Advice 11
postman Vitamin E Smell? E 1
Peatogenic If You Are A Male, Do You Like The Smell Of Androsterone? Supplements 41
J Gave Up Protein Drinks And Feeling A Lot Better (ammonia Smell Also Gone) Ask For Help or Advice 13
RobertJM Making Your Apartment Smell Nice Miscellaneous Health Discussions 18
Broken man Smell Like Sour Milk And Yellow To Green Stool. Why? Digestion 0
A Sweat Smell And Taurine Skin 14
Xisca Taste And Smell From Supplements? Supplements 7
johnwester130 What Does A Goat Smell Like ? Diet, Recipes 4
A Sweat Smell Change From Topical DMSO Ask For Help or Advice 11
Ktbridge Metallic Smell In The Hair Ask For Help or Advice 2
Ktbridge Metallic Smell In The Hair Hair & Nails 0
E No Sense Of Smell Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 10
Y Should NDT have a smell? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 5
F BCAA Making My Farts Smell Like Rubber FredSonoma 13
S Serotonin Weakens Smell Perception Scientific Studies 32