Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly

Discussion in 'Blood Work, Labs' started by Elderflower j58, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Mito

Mito Member

Do you use the standard reference ranges (i.e. TC<200 mg/dL) to judge normal for yourself?

2. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

No.

3. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I'm more comfortable with the old school guidelines of about 200 plus a persons age or 300. It's an individual choice of course. That was acceptable before the statin craze.

4. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I also think the number isn't the issue in and of itself but the presence of multiple blockages. Blockages are made up of more than just cholesterol and while it's the bodies attempt at healing itself further cholesterol deposition can worsen the situation in the small minority of people whose bodies naturally produce excessive amounts.
    The whole situation has been muddled though by the pharmaceutical industries greed to get as many people on meds as possible.

5. cdg

cdg Member

Why the Pauling Therapy may not work for you: Why the Pauling Therapy May Not Work

6. cdg

cdg Member

Think you might find it interesting that generally blockages are not the cause of heart attacks. Many have heart attacks but they have no blockages. So opening a blockage may not prevent future heart attacks

"Patients undergo heart catheter/stenting and bypass surgery in the belief that these procedures are appropriate to protect them against a heart attack and will give them a chance to live longer. Everybody is persuaded of this. But the international studies to evaluate the sense of these interventions show clearly:
    – Balloon catheter and stents are suitable for reducing complaints. Heart catheter and stents do not prevent heart attacks(!) and do not prolong life(!).
    – Bypass surgery does not prevent further heart attacks(!). Patients who suffer only mild symptoms do not live a day longer as a result of the operation(!)."

Extracted from: The purpose of the website: heartattacknew | Heart Attack | Facts | Alternatives | Prevention | Well-Being

High cholesterol will help you during a heart attack especially in stokes...

Statins damage respiration big time - leading to congestive heart if not outright heart failure...

"But let's see what else the statin cholesterol-lowering drugs deplete.
    Selenium is lost, a priceless mineral whose deficiency leads
    to prostate or thyroid problems (the last thing a heart patient needs), cancer and inability to detoxify the daily load of chemicals that hasten disease and aging."

Extracted from: Is Your Cardiologist Killing You? - Rogers, Dr. Sherry. Page 19 every one should read it. Email me for pdf scan.

You may also find the following of interest:

I found this to be a life saver...

"The simplicity of things such as supplementing thyroid, progesterone, and sugar, avoiding an excess of phosphate in relation to calcium, and avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves, without having to depend on the medical system. Most physicians still warn their patients of the dangers of thyroid supplements, especially the active T3 hormone, for their heart, but in at least one specialty, its value is recognized. Heart transplant surgeons have discovered that administering T3 to the brain-dead heart donor before removing the heart improves its viability and function in the recipient (Novitzky, 1996). Around this time, the manufacturers of Cytomel conceived the idea of marketing it as a "heart drug," which would make it much more profitable."

Extracted from: Heart and hormones

"Darkness and hypothyroidism both reduce the activity of cytochrome oxidase, making cells more susceptible to stress. A promoter of excitotoxicity, ouabain, or a lack of salt, can function as the equivalent of darkness, in resetting the biological rhythms (Zatz, 1989, 1991)."

Extracted from: Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

You may find the following interesting however he completely misses the respiration connection

7. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Thanks, I'm aware of the differences in coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction and that there are a multitude of contributing variables in each.

8. tara

tara Member

Hi Elderflower,
    I'm a non-expert, but in your shoes, I think I'd be paying particular attention to the posts by TreasureVibe, Amazoniac, Janelle, Blossom, Travis.

What stands out for me is:
    - Vitamin C - essential for healing tissues, including artery walls, and depleted even more by smoking. Be good to find a good quality supplement, but I think you probably really need something as a high priority, so get some form in the meantime even if you haven't figured out what might be best. Fresh ripe fruit is good. If your system is running acidic, you may be better off with buffered forms for supplements. The best is the enemy of the good. I haven't worked out what's best, but I expect this is critically important.
    - Lysine, isolated or in gelatine or collagen or something - essential building blocks for repairing blood vessels.
    - Whatever possible to stop or reduce the smoking - vaping could be quite an improvement if stopping altogether is too hard at this time. Don't give yourself a hard time about it - you've been doing your best under stressful conditions - be kind to yourself. And take good care of yourself now.
    - Keep warm
    - The other nutrients discussed in posts above
    - Social or support group for regular face contact with other people somehow. You've had a really hard time, and need some friendly people around you. If you don't have an easy network, join some group or go to the library or something to be round other people, if you can.

Go for it!
    Yay! :)

Take care.

9. TreasureVibe

TreasureVibe Member

10. mother

mother Member