Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm more comfortable with the old school guidelines of about 200 plus a persons age or 300. It's an individual choice of course. That was acceptable before the statin craze.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I also think the number isn't the issue in and of itself but the presence of multiple blockages. Blockages are made up of more than just cholesterol and while it's the bodies attempt at healing itself further cholesterol deposition can worsen the situation in the small minority of people whose bodies naturally produce excessive amounts.
The whole situation has been muddled though by the pharmaceutical industries greed to get as many people on meds as possible.

cdg

I think you should read the articles by Linus Pauling, who had outlined what I consider the actual mechanism behind the condition. In a nutshell, ascorbate deficiency lowers pro-collagen synthesis and in its absence the arterial wall loses structural support. To cope with lowered arterial strength, the liver will upregulate Lp(a) when it ascorbate levels decline. This apo-lipoprotein is similar to fibrinogen and has a 'lysine kringle,' lending it the ability to stick to the arterial wall where the collagen is frayed (had gone un-repaired due to low ascorbate); this prevents blood loss and prolongs survival.

Prolonged ascorbate deficiency will lead to an excessive amount of artery-bound Lp(a),* and since it's a constituent of lipoproteins—primarily the LDL and VLDL fractions—it also contains cholesterol and triglycerides. Deposited Lp(a) could serve to nucleate other lipids and proteins, eventually leading to large agglomerate of protein–lipid on the arterial wall.

Cigarette smoke contains ~500·ppm nitric oxide, the reason why inhaling oxidizes vitamin C at a faster rate.

Besides ascorbate the pineapple contains bromelain, an absorbable proteolytic enzyme that helps to dissolve arterial plaques. Since pineapples are only $2 per fruit, are harmless, look cool, and are good, a person cannot lose by buying them (I buy them by the case and usually eat about two per day; I will testify in court that this is entirely safe).

[*] This is not to be confused with Lp(A). The the apo-protein sub-designated with the capital Roman 'A' is entirely distinct from that sub-designated with same letter in lowercase, or Lp(a).

Why the Pauling Therapy may not work for you: Why the Pauling Therapy May Not Work

cdg

I also think the number isn't the issue in and of itself but the presence of multiple blockages. Blockages are made up of more than just cholesterol and while it's the bodies attempt at healing itself further cholesterol deposition can worsen the situation in the small minority of people whose bodies naturally produce excessive amounts.
The whole situation has been muddled though by the pharmaceutical industries greed to get as many people on meds as possible.
Think you might find it interesting that generally blockages are not the cause of heart attacks. Many have heart attacks but they have no blockages. So opening a blockage may not prevent future heart attacks

"Patients undergo heart catheter/stenting and bypass surgery in the belief that these procedures are appropriate to protect them against a heart attack and will give them a chance to live longer. Everybody is persuaded of this. But the international studies to evaluate the sense of these interventions show clearly:
– Balloon catheter and stents are suitable for reducing complaints. Heart catheter and stents do not prevent heart attacks(!) and do not prolong life(!).
– Bypass surgery does not prevent further heart attacks(!). Patients who suffer only mild symptoms do not live a day longer as a result of the operation(!)."

Extracted from: The purpose of the website: heartattacknew | Heart Attack | Facts | Alternatives | Prevention | Well-Being

High cholesterol will help you during a heart attack especially in stokes...

Statins damage respiration big time - leading to congestive heart if not outright heart failure...

"But let's see what else the statin cholesterol-lowering drugs deplete.
Selenium is lost, a priceless mineral whose deficiency leads
to prostate or thyroid problems (the last thing a heart patient needs), cancer and inability to detoxify the daily load of chemicals that hasten disease and aging."

Extracted from: Is Your Cardiologist Killing You? - Rogers, Dr. Sherry. Page 19 every one should read it. Email me for pdf scan.

You may also find the following of interest:

I found this to be a life saver...

"The simplicity of things such as supplementing thyroid, progesterone, and sugar, avoiding an excess of phosphate in relation to calcium, and avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves, without having to depend on the medical system. Most physicians still warn their patients of the dangers of thyroid supplements, especially the active T3 hormone, for their heart, but in at least one specialty, its value is recognized. Heart transplant surgeons have discovered that administering T3 to the brain-dead heart donor before removing the heart improves its viability and function in the recipient (Novitzky, 1996). Around this time, the manufacturers of Cytomel conceived the idea of marketing it as a "heart drug," which would make it much more profitable."

Extracted from: Heart and hormones

"Darkness and hypothyroidism both reduce the activity of cytochrome oxidase, making cells more susceptible to stress. A promoter of excitotoxicity, ouabain, or a lack of salt, can function as the equivalent of darkness, in resetting the biological rhythms (Zatz, 1989, 1991)."

Extracted from: Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

You may find the following interesting however he completely misses the respiration connection

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Think you might find it interesting that generally blockages are not the cause of heart attacks. Many have heart attacks but they have no blockages. So opening a blockage may not prevent future heart attacks

"Patients undergo heart catheter/stenting and bypass surgery in the belief that these procedures are appropriate to protect them against a heart attack and will give them a chance to live longer. Everybody is persuaded of this. But the international studies to evaluate the sense of these interventions show clearly:
– Balloon catheter and stents are suitable for reducing complaints. Heart catheter and stents do not prevent heart attacks(!) and do not prolong life(!).
– Bypass surgery does not prevent further heart attacks(!). Patients who suffer only mild symptoms do not live a day longer as a result of the operation(!)."

Extracted from: The purpose of the website: heartattacknew | Heart Attack | Facts | Alternatives | Prevention | Well-Being

High cholesterol will help you during a heart attack especially in stokes...

Statins damage respiration big time - leading to congestive heart if not outright heart failure...

"But let's see what else the statin cholesterol-lowering drugs deplete.
Selenium is lost, a priceless mineral whose deficiency leads
to prostate or thyroid problems (the last thing a heart patient needs), cancer and inability to detoxify the daily load of chemicals that hasten disease and aging."

Extracted from: Is Your Cardiologist Killing You? - Rogers, Dr. Sherry. Page 19 every one should read it. Email me for pdf scan.

You may also find the following of interest:

I found this to be a life saver...

"The simplicity of things such as supplementing thyroid, progesterone, and sugar, avoiding an excess of phosphate in relation to calcium, and avoiding polyunsaturated fats, makes it possible for people to take action themselves, without having to depend on the medical system. Most physicians still warn their patients of the dangers of thyroid supplements, especially the active T3 hormone, for their heart, but in at least one specialty, its value is recognized. Heart transplant surgeons have discovered that administering T3 to the brain-dead heart donor before removing the heart improves its viability and function in the recipient (Novitzky, 1996). Around this time, the manufacturers of Cytomel conceived the idea of marketing it as a "heart drug," which would make it much more profitable."

Extracted from: Heart and hormones

"Darkness and hypothyroidism both reduce the activity of cytochrome oxidase, making cells more susceptible to stress. A promoter of excitotoxicity, ouabain, or a lack of salt, can function as the equivalent of darkness, in resetting the biological rhythms (Zatz, 1989, 1991)."

Extracted from: Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

You may find the following interesting however he completely misses the respiration connection

Thanks, I'm aware of the differences in coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction and that there are a multitude of contributing variables in each.

tara

Hi Elderflower,
I'm a non-expert, but in your shoes, I think I'd be paying particular attention to the posts by TreasureVibe, Amazoniac, Janelle, Blossom, Travis.

What stands out for me is:
- Vitamin C - essential for healing tissues, including artery walls, and depleted even more by smoking. Be good to find a good quality supplement, but I think you probably really need something as a high priority, so get some form in the meantime even if you haven't figured out what might be best. Fresh ripe fruit is good. If your system is running acidic, you may be better off with buffered forms for supplements. The best is the enemy of the good. I haven't worked out what's best, but I expect this is critically important.
- Lysine, isolated or in gelatine or collagen or something - essential building blocks for repairing blood vessels.
- Whatever possible to stop or reduce the smoking - vaping could be quite an improvement if stopping altogether is too hard at this time. Don't give yourself a hard time about it - you've been doing your best under stressful conditions - be kind to yourself. And take good care of yourself now.
- Keep warm
- The other nutrients discussed in posts above
- Social or support group for regular face contact with other people somehow. You've had a really hard time, and need some friendly people around you. If you don't have an easy network, join some group or go to the library or something to be round other people, if you can.

Looks like I'm going to have to attack this from all angles
Go for it!
It's abit scary but I'm strong enough I hope.
Yay! :)

Take care.

johnwester130

Hi I seem to be in a downward spiral and so stuck I can't even pick
Supplements I need for my condition.I over obsess about the bad expedients
In everything but still do bad things to myself as in I smoke, can't eat enough
No exercise, rarely leave the house.

I feel I'm going slightly mad, not coping , everything is just very hard.

My latest big worry is this lipid clinic report
It looks quite bad.

estroban
energin
mitolipin

magnesium glycinate
ubiquinol
chondroitin sulfate

vitamin c - lysine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals