Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom
Totally agree it's only in the last few days
I realised that even lowering I'll still have plenty.

Just mulling over which way to do it
I sincerely wish you the best. I think you can still manage to feel decent on meds if you choose that route by applying all the knowledge you've learned about diet and lifestyle over the years.

TreasureVibe

@RichardDobson I bought some oat bran today after reading about Ray peat cooking
And then frying in butter.

Don't think I should fry with my lipids
Vitamin B12 insufficiency induces cholesterol biosynthesis by limiting s-adenosylmethionine and modulating the methylation of SREBF1 and LDLR genes

High Cholesterol Linked With Low Vitamin D

What Is Cholesterol and Why Do You Need It?

Vitamin D linked to cholesterol levels & cardiovascular risk

Don't take cyanocobalamin, and don't take methylcobalamin if you have amalgam fillings/mercury toxicity. Take adenosylcobalamin. (For B12) if you suspect deficiency.

When taking a vitamin D3 supplement make sure you supplememt with vitamin A and vitamin K and magnesium.

Frying doesn't sound smart, indeed. Fried foods have a high rate of fat.

So, so far I have found for cholesterol:

Chromium (you could be low in this)
Chondroitin sulfate
Vitamin B12 (if deficient, lots of people are)
Vitamin D (if deficient, lots of people are, requires co-nutrients for optimal functioning)
Calcium! Eggshell only! Or from green vegetables! Take the eggshell calcium with meals!

The usual heart disease preventive nutrients:
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Vitamin K
Magnesium
Eggshell calcium (don't take regular calcium supplements they are bad for you)
Lysine
Proline

Actually I realize now that calcium is more important for cholesterol than you think!! See this latest study:

Here's the direct study: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-05734-x

Basically if your calcium levels are inadequate, your body will think there is not enough cholesterol and will keep synthesizing it. Ray Peat advices 2000 mg of dietary calcium per day for hypertension patients, so about 1500 mg of dietary calcium with vitamin K and magnesium would be safe and could be helpful.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom thanks for all your help
You've always been very giving
You're welcome. I think we should all do what we can for each other. It's a very confusing world with contradictory information everywhere and it's hard to look objectively at our own situation sometimes. I understand your frustration completely.

OP
E
@RichardDobson
I take all the oil solubles
In amounts@haidut recommended
I upped the k2 to 15 mg

Taurine
For a time did vit c and lysine

Just vit c I will get more lysine
Take mag , I will look into proline

I definitely think my calcium/ phosphate
Needs sorting out .need to up my protein
God so much to do

TreasureVibe

@RichardDobson
I take all the oil solubles
In amounts@haidut recommended
I upped the k2 to 15 mg

Taurine
For a time did vit c and lysine

Just vit c I will get more lysine
Take mag , I will look into proline

I definitely think my calcium/ phosphate
Needs sorting out .need to up my protein
God so much to do
Vitamin B12
Vitamin D
Calcium
Chondroitin sulfate
Chromium

Those are all cholesterol/hyperlipidemia related, and deficiencies in those are common. All the others you need to take too ofcourse, but for your specific concern about high lipids, I think these above hold the key or atleast could play a positive part.

Just don't take regular calcium supps, take eggshell calcium or calcium from the diet like dairy and vegetables. And take the eggshell calcium with stomach acid, so with meals. The vitamin D needs magnesium in order to be activated in the body, and vitamin A and K to balance all 3. And adenosylcobalamin only for vitamin B12, methylcobalamin is safe too if you have no amalgam fillings and had none before.

Good luck and keep us posted!

TreasureVibe

:letspartySome good news
Your lp(a) is high though so Pauling protocol is indicated:
Atleast daily:
6000 mg vitamin C divided in doses of 1000 mg, use Quali-C like the brand Doctor's Best
L-Lysine 6000 mg
L-Proline 2000 mg

Lysine is actually a lp(a) binder.

Good quality supplements are generally very cheap, with cheap shipping costs from Iherb.com I live in Europe and that is where I get all of my supplements from. They get shipped from the USA yet I end up paying much less than with retailers from my own country (the Netherlands). My orders also come in very fast, usually in less than a week. Just make sure you buy each order under the price that your customs maintain that they deem necessary to inspect the package. For my country, that is 22 euros. Anything above has a big chance of getting inspected and this will cause extra costs. Just divide your orders, you can order them right after eachother, that will prevent this from happening as long as you order beneath that set price by your country's customs.

TreasureVibe

@RichardDobson
I think my calcium is seriously low .
This might be an important wake up call.

I think Ray peat said the worst thing for calcium in arteries is
Lack of dietary calcium.
All you have to do to determine if your calcium is inadequate is by evaluating what you eat daily. You can use a mobile phone app called Cronometer which lets you put in any type of food and shows you what the total daily intake is of each nutrient like calcium.

You can also just simply Google the type of food with the words "amount of calcium" after it to see the calcium value, and then repeat this with each food you have taken and then total it.

You need around 2000 mg of dietary calcium daily according to Ray Peat if am not mistaken. If anyone else thinks this is wrong please let me know but I think this is what Ray Peat said.

So if your total daily dietary intake appears to be much lower, your calcium is low. Ray Peat stated you need 2000 mg of dietary calcium every day. However if you decide to use a calcium supplement, only use eggshell calcium or oyster shell calcium and make sure to take them with meals. Don't take them without meals, that could be dangerous. All the other calcium supplements are garbage according to Dr. Peat and according to research could be dangerous.

Taking 2000 mg of dietary calcium everyday fixed my mother's hypertension that the doctors had no answer to. Her lipids are good too, but she has no familial hyperlipidemia like you do..

The fact that you do makes it extra important you get your lipids in check.

Don't go above 2000 mg to be on the safe side and make sure your magnesium and potassium dietary intake is good too. Also keep using the fat soluble vitamins and especially vitamin K is indicated when upping your calcium so it's safe as vitamin K prevents arterial calcification. Don't overdo the vitamin K because that could cause too low calcium. Just use the recommendation on the bottle, the best form is Vitamin K2 mk-4. Vitamin K1 is very pro-thrombotic so watch out with that one and avoid it if possible.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If you do choose to go on cholesterol meds you have every right to request that your dosage be kept at a level that doesn't lower your total cholesterol beyond about 5.2 Mmol or 200 mg/dl (or whatever you prefer)as we do need some cholesterol for health. I would hope that a reasonable doctor would respect that and just be happy you are open to lowering it.
Here's a conversation chart.
OnlineConversion.com - Cholesterol Converter

TreasureVibe

@RichardDobson Iwill definitelydo that
How could I have overlooked calcium

@Blossom great plan
My doctor can be a bit flexible
Yes calcium is good but I still think your primary aim is doing the Pauling protocol because that was designed specifically for lp(a) and yours is very high. According to Linus Pauling, 2 times nobel price winner, lp(a) is high when the arterial walls develop cracks. The body patches these up with lp(a) (made out of cholesterol) if there is not enough vitamin C available. Vitamin C is the primary part the body uses to repair and maintain these arterial walls, the C in vitamin C stands for Collagen and that is what the arterial walls are made of. If there is no vitamin C, the body will use lp(a) to fix the cracks, which is known as atherosclerosis or CHD from which you suffer from.

The process of removing the plaques by the body is very slow with vitamin C alone that is why Pauling introduced the amino acid Lysine which has the natural ability to bind lp(a) particles and safely let the body excrete them. Proline was later added by Dr. Rath who was a scientist who worked with Dr. Pauling, as Proline improved the function of vitamin C and Lysine in removing the plaques.

If you don't focus on this, things can get dangerous with a high lp(a). The fact that you already had coronary events before is a clear indicator that there are cracks in your arterial wall that need fixing. High cholesterol on its own does not cause coronary heart disease. The cracks in the walls are caused by vitamin C deficiency and inflammation, those 2 cause coronary heart disease. Vitamin C deficiency is also known as scurvy, the famous disease sailors suffered from on the high seas, due to lack of fruit or vegetables as they would get spoilt during long trips. They would literally die from internal bleeding as the lack of vitamin C was so rampant. The cracks in their arterial walls simply could not be maintained without any vitamin C to stay alive. Us modern people have the luck of always having some vitamin C in our diet so our bodies do a much better job at minimizing damage, but we don't always have enough vitamin C to fully repair the walls. In those cases, the body will use lp(a) to patch up the remaining hole. These patches will grow and grow as lipids stick to them, and this is what causes heart attacks as a blood clot can get stuck in between the now narrowed artery.

Last edited:

TreasureVibe

I live in uk would the same apply .

Thanks
I think for the UK its £15 (excluding postage & package). After that, extra costs could be charged. It depends on the current laws, you should contact the customs or do a Google search to see where the current limit stands now.

Mito

The cracks in the walls are caused by vitamin C deficiency and inflammation, those 2 cause coronary heart disease.
Don’t you think excessive polyunsaturated fatty acids in the LPL membrane also plays a causal role? The polyunsaturated fatty acids in the phospholipids of the LPL particles tend to oxidize if they spend too much time in the blood (sluggish LPL metabolism) and also if they get into the artirial tissue. Once they oxidize, Lp(a) comes in to mop up the oxidized polyunsaturated fats to clear them out. The Lp(a) and loss of phospholipids then cause LPL particles to become smaller and more dense. Smaller dense LPL particles penetrate artirial tissue easier and the cycle repeats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals