Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And sorry to hear about your husband but I'm glad you're hanging in there. I know it must be difficult but the fact that you're concerned about taking care of your own health is a good sign.

OP
E
Hi blossom,
See that's where I'm completely confused about the whole cholesterol thing.

Since late 2016 my TC has been 10.1 ,my LDL has also been elevated but not as high
As this latest lab test, also they have diagnosed familial hypercholesterol ( it's written on the bottom
Under management plan) along with PCSK9 a fortnightly injection to reduce cholesterol.

I'm I a quandary as to what to do.

Let me try to explain , about 6 Months after my heart attack I stopped all pharma meds
And replaced with A,D,E,K2 (mk4) taurine on and off but more regular now due to helping with
K2 absorbtion

I did a stint with vitmin c+lysene and some other heart healthy stuff

Up until my heart attack and during all those years of meds I was more symptomatic
Then than now.Im just at a loss as to what tbelieve anymore

Last year had a few ER admissions tachycardia ,but could have been hormonal
Last year very stressfull

Amazoniac

Answer Day: What Causes High LDL on Low-Carb Paleo? - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

So..

Other than the mentioned vit C here, there's his copper, but also manganese, zinc, silicon, sulfur (as sulfate) because they're directly related to collagen formation and repair. Balanced protein too (especially under stress).
Magnesium, taurine and all the fat-solubles should be helpful as well. (I was already typing when you posted, so I decided to not delete)

Heart Disease and Vitamin E

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2796.2005.01528.x
"VLDL and LDL. When the evaluations of the effects of nicotinic acid were extended from plasma lipids to lipoprotein analyses it was soon demonstrated that, as expected, cholesterol lowering was, to a great extent, due to a lowering of LDL cholesterol, as demonstrated by Parsons already in the 1950s, and that the lowering of triglycerides was almost entirely caused by lowering of VLDL. In type IV hyperlipidaemia and particularly in types III and V the reduction in the grossly elevated VLDL (and chylomicrons) certainly contributes to the reduction in total plasma cholesterol.

Small, dense LDL. The LDL fraction is heterogenous and comprises lipoprotein particles of different sizes. Small, dense LDL are considered to be the most atherogenic LDL particles [45], carrying a high risk for clinical atherosclerosis [46].

Immediate‐release as well as prolonged‐release (PR) nicotinic acid not only lower the total LDL cholesterol but also reduce the amount of small, dense LDL particles [47].

HDL. In the 1950s Parsons and Flinn [11] had already shown that treatment with nicotinic acid not only lowered total and LDL cholesterol but also increased the concentration of cholesterol in the α1‐lipoprotein fraction, i.e. HDL cholesterol. This finding did not attract much attention as the protective properties of HDL for CHD had not yet been recognized, and all attention in the lipid field was focused on cholesterol‐lowering. In a study on the effect of nicotinic acid treatment of hyperlipidaemic patients, HDL cholesterol rose by 50% but, as shown in Fig. 6, the subfraction HDL2, the large HDL particles, increased almost by 100% [48]. It is now generally accepted that nicotinic acid is the most powerful drug for raising the concentration of HDL, in particular, the subspecies HDL2.

Lp(a). Lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] is an independent risk factor for all major forms of clinical atherosclerosis [49]. Despite this fact, relatively little attention is given to a patient's level of Lp(a). This is, in part, due to the fact the usual lipid‐lowering components such as diet, fibrates or statins do not affect elevated plasma concentrations of Lp(a) [50]. However, nicotinic acid has a pronounced lowering effect on elevated levels of Lp(a). We treated hyperlipidaemic patients with 4 g of plain nicotinic acid for 5–7 weeks [48]. The striking effect on the plasma concentration of Lp(a) is shown in Fig. 6. The level was, on average, decreased by nearly 40%."

The classic suggestion of including more fruits and vegetables along with an increase in low-intensity physical activity is another good of the calls.

Keeping the intestines clean and moving is also very important.

Do you feel warm in general? Broda and Barnes is asking. Denis Wilson has stressed how low body temperature dysregulate various processes in the body. Raymond commented that wearing warm clothes that normalize it can mitigate some of these problems. So, reducing the strain of keeping your temperature up through clothing should help with those dysregulations.

It's really a approach trying to cover everything since it can have multiple causes.

OP
E
My lower body is often cold in the evenings,
I. Definitely don't eat enough fruit I thought the orange juice
Would cover that, Very little exercise and I've always had
Constipation.

Is nicotinic acid niacinamide
What could I take for motivation and some spark
To try and implement all the above things I've
Neglected

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi blossom,
See that's where I'm completely confused about the whole cholesterol thing.

Since late 2016 my TC has been 10.1 ,my LDL has also been elevated but not as high
As this latest lab test, also they have diagnosed familial hypercholesterol ( it's written on the bottom
Under management plan) along with PCSK9 a fortnightly injection to reduce cholesterol.

I'm I a quandary as to what to do.

Let me try to explain , about 6 Months after my heart attack I stopped all pharma meds
And replaced with A,D,E,K2 (mk4) taurine on and off but more regular now due to helping with
K2 absorbtion

I did a stint with vitmin c+lysene and some other heart healthy stuff

Up until my heart attack and during all those years of meds I was more symptomatic
Then than now.Im just at a loss as to what tbelieve anymore

Last year had a few ER admissions tachycardia ,but could have been hormonal
Last year very stressfull
I'm sure stress is making everything worse at least that has been my experience over the last year. I've had some issues resurface after a period of intense stress and I've opted to go back on medication for right now just because I'm tired of dealing with the the symptoms of my particular issue. It's completely your decision though whether or not you feel comfortable taking meds. If your numbers haven't changed and you're feeling fine otherwise then maybe just focusing on lowering stress and quitting smoking if possible would be the best course of action until you're in a better place to make a decision about medication.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

How about sunlight? If you live in London England I doubt there's much of that. Try sun beds and red lights.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I used vape to quit smoking. I know purist say it's bad but I got plain nicotine in glycerin and I think it's much safer than cigarette smoking.

OP
E
Funny you should say that Jannelle Iwas just thinking about my
Lack of sunshine over the last few years.
I've let things slide and will try and make
Some big changes.

Blossom do you know anthing about PCSK9 or if it's not too
Damaging

Thank you everyone
that's helping

OP
E
I have a vape ,was a smoker for years ,
Vaped for year prior and up to heart attack
Took up smoking again while looking after
My husband and finding it very hard to stop.
But I'm going to keep trying.

How do I quote members names

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a vape ,was a smoker for years ,
Vaped for year prior and up to heart attack
Took up smoking again while looking after
My husband and finding it very hard to stop.
But I'm going to keep trying.

How do I quote members names
@ symbol followed by username will alert the person.

Mito

do you know anthing about PCSK9 or if it's not too
Damaging

Quoting Chris Masterjohn:
“The lower insulin is doing a couple of things. One is that to regulate blood lipids in accordance with the fasting-feeding cycle, like I was discussing before, insulin suppresses PCSK9, which itself is an inhibitor of the LDL receptor. So when you have more insulin, you have less PCSK9, and that gives you more LDL receptor activity.”

“Now, the effect of inflammation is also driven by PCSK9. It has the opposite effect of insulin. More inflammation means more PCSK9, which means more antagonism of the LDL receptor, which is what’s responsible for getting the beneficial hyperlipidemia that should occur in infection. But in addition to that, when you have an inflammatory crisis, you also have a stress response that mobilizes free fatty acids, and so the inflammatory stress itself is going to antagonize thyroid hormone as well.”

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/03/19/what-to-do-about-high-cholesterol/#transcript

So PCSK9 is an enzyme that inhibits (lowers) LDL receptor activity. You want high LDL receptor activity to lower LDL in the blood.

TreasureVibe

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1969.tb02328.x

The Man Who Cured Heart Disease With a Natural Molecule, 20 Years Before Cholesterol Drugs!

Treatment with chondroitin sulfate to modulate inflammation and atherogenesis in obesity

Heart Health & Chondroitin Sulfate

Chondroitin sulfate. A heart healthy nutrient that almost no one heard about but has scientific backing. You should consider it.

Quote from the last article:

In addition, I had another pleasant surprise. A second indicator of what is medically called “hyperlipidemia,” which is basically high blood fats, including cholesterol, began to clear up. The indicator is called a senile arcus and is a cloudy, half moon shape at the top of the iris of the eye (the colored part). It looks dull and opaque from the fatty deposits. These, too, began to diminish and are now practically all gone.

Another “amazing” result was that, at the same time, I had a patient with right-sided heart failure. His response to CS was truly amazing. Within about 5 weeks, all of his symptoms had resolved and the right side of his heart had returned to normal. I attribute this amazing result to the CS restoring the integrity of his connective tissues, which cause him severe problems.

This is exciting news, since all of the pharmaceuticals recommended to correct problems with blood fats have serious problems, ranging from heart failure to liver problems to dementia and memory loss in older people. These drugs are among the most widely used – and most toxic – on the market.

Also from that same website:

Quote:

Chromium can prevent heart attacks

Among the research revealing the importance of getting enough chromium is a study by Johns Hopkins University researchers published in an issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology. Based on a study of chromium levels of 684 men who had previously had a myocardial infarction (heart attack), it was found that low levels of chromium were linked to an increased risk of heart attack. Specifically:

• The men in the study had, on average, 15% lower chromium levels than men in a control group who had never had a heart attack.
  • Those with the highest chromium levels were 35% less likely to have a heart attack than those with the lowest levels.
Chromium is beneficial for reducing cholesterol levels

A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition found that chromium significantly lowers cholesterol levels. Among 300 patients, those receiving chromium had cholesterol reductions of 20 points, on average. Several other clinical studies also suggest that chromium is useful for lowering bad LDL cholesterol, while raising the good (HDL) kind.

Source: Dr Richards Talks Back

Also magnesium!! Very important in preventing heart disease, the website above speaks about that too.

Last edited:
OP
E
@RichardDobson Iread that study and was impressed ,just wondered
Why it got so little attention .
The supplements are pretty expensive for me.

There's another one somewhere about I think it's cholesterolsulfate deficiency
Causing heart disease, no responses to that one either

Thanks for thinking of me

TreasureVibe

It is rather unknown for the same reason vitamin C was demonized back in the 70s and 80s; the pharmaceutical industry simply could not respect nutrients as medicine because it was out of their field of perspective on medicine. Only now do people wake up and see that drugs alone are often not the solution, the body needs nutrients that aid processes that prevent disease!

There was also a recent study of arthritis patients who received chondroitin sulfate and they noticed that the group receiving CS had much lower incidences of heart disease compared to the control group.

Basically you could try it. Even if it is expensive I don't know of any other nutrient other than vitamin C, Lysine, Proline, vitamin K, magnesium, eggshell calcium, chromium and vitamin E that help heart disease. So it might as well be the game changer. I give chondroitin sulfate to my mother every day and she is doing great, having a past of hypertension and slight heart thickening. She looks much better than before. Oh maybe orthosilicic acid which people apparently are deficient in according to this "herbalist" on YouTube. But silicon is toxic according to Ray Peat. So Idk, just throwing in anything that I can think of.

For cholesterol there is oat bran too and red yeast Rice but the latter have side effects that could be toxic, you should research them.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter

My friend ended up with cardiomyopathy and CHF after having her cholesterol lowered too much (her total fell below 100 mg/dl). Her total cholesterol was only 200 to begin with prior to statins so she is a perfect example of someone being harmed by overzealous treatment. You on the other hand have a significant cardiac history and a total cholesterol of 390 mg/dl which is close to double the current amount that is considered high. I personally think that the 200 number is ridiculous and before statins came about IIRC over 300 mg/dl was the cutoff. No matter what route you choose I think it would be wise to do something and hopefully something scientifically proven effective. The heart is one of our most vital organs after all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals