Lost My Way Trying To Cope With Heart Disease Need Help Badly

Hi I seem to be in a downward spiral and so stuck I can't even pick
Supplements I need for my condition.I over obsess about the bad expedients
In everything but still do bad things to myself as in I smoke, can't eat enough
No exercise, rarely leave the house.

I feel I'm going slightly mad, not coping , everything is just very hard.

My latest big worry is this lipid clinic report
It looks quite bad.

OP
E
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 25

TreasureVibe

First of all, stop smoking. All of your health problems get multiplied by atleast 10 times because of it. Like, it's an instant health boost by just simply quitting the smokes. You can try a vape boxmod (YouTube it) if you want instead of the smokes.

Here's a senior man doing it showcasing it's not just something young folks do:

And another one:

Here's a young woman using one:

You have alot of e-cigarette devices but the one you want is a specific one which emits ALOT of smoke. It's called a vape boxmod. Or sometimes simply a vape. Just make sure you find a vape device that emits alot of smoke, instead of those cheap E-cigarettes which only emit a little, as the majority of people had success quitting smoking with the vape device that emits alot of smoke. Alot of people have quit smoking succesfully with a vape device. In Scotland, they give vape devices to patients in hospitals that want to quit smoking.

Ofcourse you can also quit cold turkey, like I did, after having smoked for 4 years, a pack a day. It's been 2 years since I quit now, haven't touched a cigarette since. Also there are pharmaceutical drugs that can help you quit which people have reported success with. But your rightful scepticism towards pharmaceutical drugs makes this a choice you have to research properly in order to prevent any unwanted side effects. You can also introduce the vape boxmod with your cigarettes and slowly taper off the cigarettes while slowly replacing each smoke session with your vape boxmod. And for example, if you don't want to go to the store for a new pack of cigarettes, you use your vape boxmod, and get your pack of cigarettes the next day thereby slowly replacing the cigarettes with the vape device. Etc

Second, what is your actual diagnosis of your heart disease?

I also see you used atorvastatin before. Statin drugs (note Statin at the end of atorvaStatin) cause CoQ10 deficiency which is dangerous for the heart because without it it can't generate enough energy in the mitochondria of the heart.

So either CoQ10 or Ubiquinone would be a good idea. I would go for Ubiquinone as it raises CoQ10 levels far better than CoQ10.

Vitamin K can be a substitute for CoQ10 and is also very healthy for the heart and blood vessels. Mk-4 is the version you want, but Life Extension Super K which gives all forms of vitamin K would be good too.

Are you on any other meds as well currently?

Edit: Okay I see you have CHD which is Coronary Heart Disease.

You will need to do the Pauling protocol, Google it.

Daily:

Vitamin C (as Quali-C ascorbic acid) atleast 6000 mg , divided in doses of 1000 mg
L-Lysine 6000 mg
L-Proline 2000 mg

I say Quali-C which is a patented form of ascorbic acid because all other vitamin C products on the market are cheap GMO made vitamin C made in China, with alot less potency and carrying hazardous contaminants.

Vitamin E 400 IU per day, start with a low dose of 50 IU and work your way up. Make sure you get the natural form of vitamin E which starts with "D" instead of "DL" or Dl" which is the synthetic form and is harmful to your health. Make sure to check the label! Take the CoQ10/Ubiquinone, vitamin K and vitamin E all with something fatty or a meal, because all 4 are fat soluble and require bile to be absorbed into the body. Bile only gets made during digestion when you ingest something fatty.

This will start clearing up the clogged up coronary artery, when taken strictly every day for a couple of months.

In due time your cholesterol will lower too, because the need for it will diminish as the cracks in your coronary artery get repaired by vitamin C and the other nutrients aiding that process.

The reason for your elevated cholesterol is because your coronary artery is developing cracks in its walls, and the body patches these walls up with the cholesterol. Vitamin C is the original part to repair your walls but because the body is lacking in it it uses cholesterol as a surrogate.

Did you know that smoking cigarettes quickly lowers your vitamin C and vitamin E levels in your body per cigarette?

Last edited:

kyle

I wouldn't worry about quitting smoking or taking supplements if it is stressful for you at this time.

I think a short walk can improve mood and appetite, if the sun is out especially. I am impressed with the juiced potato recipe benefits for appetite among other things.

InChristAlone

I second the vitamin C especially if you are a smoker.

TreasureVibe

I second the vitamin C especially if you are a smoker.
Vitamin C alone won't work, you need the full protocol if you suffer from heart disease:

The following excerpt is from the Unified Theory lecture. Linus Pauling relates the story of his invention of the Pauling therapy for cardiovascular disease, which was to add lysine to vitamin C. Dr. Pauling explains what happened in the case of the first person to try the therapy, a distinguished anonymous scientist who had asked Pauling for advice. The scientist was on disability, in pain, and generally unable to do work or exercise despite taking 5,000 mg of vitamin C daily. He asked Linus what else he might recommend for his cardiovascular disease, and Dr. Pauling recounts his own response as follows:

I didn’t have to tell him that lysine is an essential amino acid and you have to get around a gram a day to be in good health, and you get it in your foods, because he is one of the most distinguished biochemists in the United States, recipient of the National Medal of Science in the United States. So he said, “How much shall I take?” I thought, “What do I know?” I know that people get a gram or two in their food depending upon how much meat and fish they eat, that it’s essential, that they have to get around one gram. It hasn’t any known toxicity in animals or human beings. I said, “5 grams, 5 grams of lysine per day.” He thanked me.

A couple of months later he telephoned me and said, “It's almost miraculous! I started taking a gram a day and 2 grams and so on. Within a month after I had reached 5 grams a day of lysine in addition to my 5 grams of vitamin C, I could walk two miles without any nitroglycerin tablets or without any pain in the chest.” He said he had cut down the amount of heart medicine in half. “It’s almost miraculous,” he said.

Another couple of months went by and he telephoned me and said, “I was feeling so good the other day that I cut down a big tree in our yard and was chopping it up for wood, and I was also painting the house, and I got chest pains,” this despite his 5 grams of vitamin C and lysine. So he said that he “went up to 6 grams of lysine and 6 grams of vitamin C and told me, “Now I am continuing chopping down, chopping up the tree and painting the house.” And now a couple of years later he is still in fine health.
— Linus Pauling [Transcribed from his 1993 Linus Pauling Unified Theory Lecture]

Source: http://practicingmedicinewithoutalicense.com/protocol/excerpt_chp7.pdf

Just don't follow the outdated fish oil recommendation, do not take fish oil or any other PUFA oil, with the exception of coconut oil and olive oil (if required ofcourse like with cooking etc.)

Last edited:

lampofred

1) I think aspirin is one of the most immediately helpful supplements to take for heart disease. Daily aspirin will reduce the risk of your blood clotting, fight estrogen, and reduce the release of FFA, which is basically the essential cause of heart disease.

2) If you are a smoker, maybe try taking niacinamide throughout the day because nicotine and nicotinic acid (niacinamide) are very similar in their beneficial effects on the brain and you definitely do not want to continue inhaling the carcinogens from the smoke. If you are insulin resistant/can't burn sugar efficiently (which most people are, unless they are very young or have been following Peat for a while), you will need a lot of sugar to handle the niacinamide properly without hitting a stress response.

3) Thyroid supplementation will lower cholesterol and accelerate healing of the body by raising the metabolic rate and by increasing CO2.

4) High quality vitamin E will also fight built up PUFA and FFA release.

Peat has also said heart disease is a sign of progesterone deficiency. Especially since you're female, maybe try amply supplementing progesterone to accelerate healing.

Taotatoes

Sorry to hear you're not well. The first thing I can think of (because quitting smoking is so stressful and the cessation aids can be very expensive) is daily meditation in small sessions to start off so it doesn't feel tedious (or even right before bed). Youtube has lots of great videos. I recommend using headphones to block external distractions. Breathe deep and relieve that stress (which is a main causitive factor - dis ease = disease). Then you can begin to focus on making baby steps towards a more holistic lifestyle and get back to a stable place. Second is more walking and definitely restorative yoga (again can be found free on youtube). Learning to self sooth without food or cigarettes is a life skill many people lack, but once you can master your cravings and negative self talk you can accomplish amazing things. You can do this!! :praying:

Wagner83

Along with what was mentioned, bromelain and travis' posts may be worth checking. I'm not qualified in any way to help, so these are just things you may want to investigate. What is your diet like?

OP
E
Thanks to everyone that responded, I'm very grateful.
A lot of things. You all mention'd I know of and have
Dabbled with on and off ,but due to finances have had to use
Basic nutrients and probably not great quality.this led to confusion
And feeling I was doing more harm than good especially regarding
Vitamin C.

I have some things in place that I think (hope) are working ,but I
Have become very depressed ( I lost my husband in Feb 2017)
And still feel pretty traumatised And unable to push forward.

The smoking is my biggest shame and I can'tafford it but at the moment
It feels like my only comfort.
My poor daughter paid for an Allen Carr session (£200) and I barely
Lasted a week smoke free,I wish I could switch my brain or something to change
My mindset.

This recent blood test has me pretty scared especially the LDL number .

I've done some research on my FHC but the information seems contradictory
And I don't understand enough about it to decide the way forward.

Thank to everyone and all responses will be greatly appreciated.

Peater

Try some 'tabex' tabs - they are herbal and are what the horrific Champix are based on. (They move a few molecules around or whatever to creat a patented formula). I found them really effective.

OP
E
My diet is not very good at present,body clock is almost upside down at
Present,so most of my eating takes place from 6pm onwards,I absolutely
Know this is not good at all but part of me can't seem to care,then I panic
And eat unsuitable food.
I've always had difficulty eating after rising and I'm rarely hungry.
Basically my diet consists of milk ,eggs , cheese ,milky sugary coffee,
I don't always have dinner but when I do it's usually spagboll, or meat potato
Well cooked veg ,tuna pasta. Orange juice probably every other day

InChristAlone

Did the heart problems start after your husband died?

OP
E
No I was diagnosed age 39, 2 blocked arteries ,put on meds for 18 years ,further angioplasties more
Stents .Bad heart attack 22/8/2015 , 3 more stents .
I have 8 stents altogether

OP
E
Can anyone tell me any thing about my lab results.
No one has said any thing about it.
Is that because everything on it is really bad
I'm getting paranoid now.

SOMO

My diet is not very good at present,body clock is almost upside down at
Present,so most of my eating takes place from 6pm onwards,I absolutely
Know this is not good at all but part of me can't seem to care,then I panic
And eat unsuitable food.
I've always had difficulty eating after rising and I'm rarely hungry.
Basically my diet consists of milk ,eggs , cheese ,milky sugary coffee,
I don't always have dinner but when I do it's usually spagboll, or meat potato
Well cooked veg ,tuna pasta. Orange juice probably every other day

Tuna is crap honestly.
It's high in mercury. Seafood can be healthy, but so can land meats. Shrimp is great because it's low-fat and has less heavy metal concerns.
Maybe try replacing the tuna with canned sardines (in water or olive oil, not vegetable oil). Also try using gluten-free pasta to make spaghetti. Gluten is a huge gut irritant for most people.

You should start eating around 12PM. I don't eat breakfast and feel my best during those morning hours. But your digestion actually slows down later in the day, so I would avoid eating for a few hours before bedtime and after rising.

Do you eat yogurt? Your diet sounds pretty solid.

Minimize stress as much as possible. Sometimes I will neglect to wash the dishes on purpose for a few hours if I'm feeling stressed and make a conscious note to return to it when I'm in a more relaxed state.

Deep breathing (through the nose) as well as higher doses of Vitamin K2 are all beneficial for cardiovascular health. Make sure you stay hydrated (potassium AND sodium) and do not neglect to salt your food.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can't believe I'm saying this but honestly it looks like you are a perfect candidate for cholesterol lowering meds. If my family member had those numbers that's what I'd tell them. I only looked at the lipids/cholesterol and of course this isn't medical advice but you fit the criteria of high cholesterol from the 1970's before it was lowered to artificially create more customers. There's a small minority of people that have hereditary high cholesterol. I'm normally not in favor of statins but they do have their place. Like someone else mentioned already I'd consider coQ10. I think looking into the Dean Ornish nutrition approach to reversing heart disease might be useful too or just ultra low fat Peat eating.