Loss of smell and taste- Covid19

stressless

Yes it's always worth looking at the positives. I lost some weight that I needed to lose anyway, because food was completely unappetizing, and ate for nourishment only.

I'm one of those rare people who LOVES the taste of liver so I missed that a lot, fortunately lately I'm beginning to sort of taste it again!

That's awesome! How do you prepare the liver? Do you eat it plain or do you cook it with other food?

Tzheng2012

I'll look into it, and thanks for the explanation, I knew something like that had to be the case. So many times when using other herbs I've taken the recommended dose but never got any results until I upped the dose to meet my needs.
Oriveda would be the best brand of lions mane. The starting price is high, but gram for gram on potency it's much cheaper than getting stamets product which has been tested to be 60% rice starch.

I'm.No.One

Oriveda would be the best brand of lions mane. The starting price is high, but gram for gram on potency it's much cheaper than getting stamets product which has been tested to be 60% rice starch.
Something to consider here is her uses the mycelium which is grown on rice, of course it will have a high % of rice present as it's literally used to grow the mycelium. His research on mycelium is far ahead of the game.

Tzheng2012

Something to consider here is her uses the mycelium which is grown on rice, of course it will have a high % of rice present as it's literally used to grow the mycelium. His research on mycelium is far ahead of the game.
So to get very potent lions mane like oriveda uses they grow the mycellium in a liquid substrate so that it's much easier to filter out and increase potency without being diluted by rice starch.

Stamets Is in fact way behind the game. He was the first to bring medicinal mushrooms to the publics awareness, so he should get the credit for that and he does. But his books are far outdated. Even his mushroom growing guides are vastly outdated with outdated methodologies and advice. The field has advanced much since his time.

His products have been tested in a lab and they are very weak products with little active ingredients.

I'm.No.One

So to get very potent lions mane like oriveda uses they grow the mycellium in a liquid substrate so that it's much easier to filter out and increase potency without being diluted by rice starch.

Stamets Is in fact way behind the game. He was the first to bring medicinal mushrooms to the publics awareness, so he should get the credit for that and he does. But his books are far outdated. Even his mushroom growing guides are vastly outdated with outdated methodologies and advice. The field has advanced much since his time.

His products have been tested in a lab and they are very weak products with little active ingredients.
Agree to disagree. Especially when you consider most of the comparison testing was from competing companies & the testing was in comparison to the fruiting body, not the mycelium.

But I for sure used his lions mane to stop the stabbing neurological pains from the rona in an hour & my smell/taste recovering in less than a weeks worth of use.

A

Adf

I lost my smell and taste for only 1 day. I take 1 tbl spoon colloidal silver every day and night, I think that's what helped me.

pastanagueta

As of today I've got 90% of my smell taste back.

I've also been using small doses of MB (two drops) daily, I Wana say someone on this thread or a similar one did a whole breakdown of how MB could help. So it may be the LM & the MB are working in conjunction.
90% is AMAZING, I'm glad for you. I already ordered the product, too bad it's gonna take about 3 weeks to get here where I live...

I suppose MB is methylene blue? Do you take them away from food, on an empty stomach? Mixed with water? Thanks

pastanagueta

That's awesome! How do you prepare the liver? Do you eat it plain or do you cook it with other food?
Oh I just pan fry it, in some coconut oil and add salt. Nothing special. I make sure I don't overdo it, it has to be pink inside otherwise it can easily get dry and not tasty anymore.

I eat it plain, I don't feel the need to cook it with any other food, I love it by itself, no idea why but it's been this way since I was a child. Same with kidneys and heart, for example. Always liked these types of meat much better than a good steak or a burger for example.

pastanagueta

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely look into that brand. I already ordered the other one yesterday as I was able to easily find it on iherb, though it'll take a few weeks to arrive :disappointed:

Last edited:

Tzheng2012

Agree to disagree. Especially when you consider most of the comparison testing was from competing companies & the testing was in comparison to the fruiting body, not the mycelium.

But I for sure used his lions mane to stop the stabbing neurological pains from the rona in an hour & my smell/taste recovering in less than a weeks worth of use.
The testing was not done by competing companies. In fact after they listed the brands they were testing, they did not specify which results are for which product. But someone was able to put the two and two together because of the way a brand labeled their product and other specifications that gave it away.

The testing was done on stamets immunity products not specifically on his lions mane so you're right about fruiting body vs mycellium. But guess what? Most the immune properties are from beta glucans. So the fact that his immunity supplements contained abysmal leves of beta glucan says a lot about his products.

You can check the thread out for yourself:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MushroomSupplements/comments/9o26my/measurement_of_%CE%B2glucan_in_mushrooms_and_mycelial/

Another thread that goes into full detail especially in the comments:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/94u05v/paul_stamets_host_defence_on_the_use_of_mycelium/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Anyway it's fine if you like stamets product, I'm just saying it's blatantly clear it's a weak product and you need to take ALOT of pills to get same results from other brands.

Last edited:
OP
Cooper

Cooper

A little bump.

Has anyone here tried a spesific steroid nasal spray or anti inflammatory drugs to fix post- covid smell loss issue?

Any kind of steroid drugs or anyhting that have yield any healing? I am open to every kind of experience as i am desperate to try anything. I also made an appointment with ENT Dr. I can ask for prescription maybe.

277807689_10103884578650054_65184737892596678_n.jpg

In a facebook group, a woman told me that he fixed her issue with these treatments.

OP
Cooper

Cooper

Can you share a link to buy the best lion's mane shrooms if you have any?

OP
Cooper

Cooper

I had posted this in the "how to treat" thread last Sunday.
You think using a spesific kind of steroid, or nasal steroid orrrr Anti- inflammatory drug can still help the post covid smell loss? I had few posts saved on Facebook groups where people claimed some drugs fixed their stubborn smell loss but i can't find them right now!!!

Except these:

Amoxicillin and

277807689_10103884578650054_65184737892596678_n.jpg

pastanagueta

I'd be very interested to know about the steroid nasal spray or anti inflammatory drugs too.
It's been 10 months now and I may have recovered about 50% of smell and taste at the most.

I've just tried ivermectin, 12mg for 5 days, I didn't notice an improvement. This was prescribed by a doctor, who's now told me I should take it for 6 more days, at the same dose. Let's see what happens.

I did try taking CDS as well for a whole week and it did improve things a bit. But I don't know for how much longer I'd need to take it to see results (some say 21 days) and having to take it every hour is not convenient at all to do for a long time. CDS works great for many things though.

I have the Lion's Mane supplement, which took ages to get here, but I'm gonna wait till I finish the ivermectin and if that doesn't work then I'll go for it.
And if nothing works then I may try the 21 days of CDS.

Tzheng2012

I'd be very interested to know about the steroid nasal spray or anti inflammatory drugs too.
It's been 10 months now and I may have recovered about 50% of smell and taste at the most.

I've just tried ivermectin, 12mg for 5 days, I didn't notice an improvement. This was prescribed by a doctor, who's now told me I should take it for 6 more days, at the same dose. Let's see what happens.

I did try taking CDS as well for a whole week and it did improve things a bit. But I don't know for how much longer I'd need to take it to see results (some say 21 days) and having to take it every hour is not convenient at all to do for a long time. CDS works great for many things though.

I have the Lion's Mane supplement, which took ages to get here, but I'm gonna wait till I finish the ivermectin and if that doesn't work then I'll go for it.
Have you tried nebulizing the cds?

OP
Cooper

Cooper

What the heck is CDS?

Peater Piper

I'd be curious if zinc would work better in the form of zinc acetate lozenges or an ionic zinc liquid, to maximize absorption in the nasopharynx. Going the digestive route may not lead to high enough concentrations where it's needed. Long haulers have also seen results with antihistamines, so that may be worth a try.

pastanagueta

No I haven't, I watched a couple of videos of Andreas Kalcker saying he doesn't recommend nebulizing CDS unless done by a knowledgeable doctor or professional, as it can very easily be toxic. What I did is I bought a nebuliser to use with hydrogen peroxide however I haven't been able to get hold of food grade 3% HP yet, it's quite difficult here, but when I do I'll definitely try that.

pastanagueta

What the heck is CDS?
CDS stands for chlorine dioxide solution, it's a more evolved form of the original MMS, much easier on the stomach and some say much more effective. If you go to Andreas Kalcker's (inventor of CDS) website for example you'll find all the info there. Here's a link CDS protocols

Also there are many videos on Bitchute or Odysee with interviews, how to make CDS etc.

Last edited: