Losing weight on thyroid supplement

Vivien

Does any of you lost some weight since started using thyroid supplement?

Mittir

I lost 14 lbs in 2-3 weeks once i switched completely to sugar from sugar+starch.
I was following other RP recommendations but was still eating good amount of starch.
I gained back 7 lbs once i added back some starch again. Sugar and calcium play major role
in loosing weight. Since most people who comes to RP style eating already have
tons of PUFA stored in their body. It is better to loose weight very slowly.
Loosing weight means release of PUFA and that will cause lots of health problem,
especially lowering thyroid function.

jaguar43

Vivien said:
Does any of you lost some weight since started using thyroid supplement?

I lost 20 pounds in three months. However, if you plan on using it. I suggest trying the diet for a few months and getting blood work done. My t3 total was very low, my t4 total was at the bottom of the range.

superhuman

Mittir said:
I lost 14 lbs in 2-3 weeks once i switched completely to sugar from sugar+starch.
I was following other RP recommendations but was still eating good amount of starch.
I gained back 7 lbs once i added back some starch again. Sugar and calcium play major role
in loosing weight. Since most people who comes to RP style eating already have
tons of PUFA stored in their body. It is better to loose weight very slowly.
Loosing weight means release of PUFA and that will cause lots of health problem,
especially lowering thyroid function.

Was your calories the same or was your calories lower with the sugar only instead of starch and sugar?

Mittir

superhuman said:
Was your calories the same or was your calories lower with the sugar only instead of starch and sugar?
I started counting calories once i switched to all sugar for a while . I was consuming around 300 grams of sugar
and lots of fat everyday and was loosing weight. I make sure i get 80 grams protein and rest of the time i just keep eating and i eat a lot. I have noticed when i eat starch i have to stop myself from eating at some point and it does not happen with sugar. Starch surely intensify appetite. I think calories does not matter as long as i avoid starch.

edwardBe

Mittir said:
I started counting calories once i switched to all sugar for a while . I was consuming around 300 grams of sugar
and lots of fat everyday and was losing weight. I make sure i get 80 grams protein and rest of the time i just keep eating and i eat a lot. I have noticed when i eat starch i have to stop myself from eating at some point and it does not happen with sugar. Starch surely intensify appetite. I think calories does not matter as long as i avoid starch.

Very inspiring! I tried to make myself eat a low calorie RP diet consisting of 1 quart of milk, a pint of OJ and 2 eggs per day plus the carrot salad obbligato, but I got so hungry late in the day that I would eat a (relatively) small bag of potato chips of all things. PUFAs plus starch! :oops: I think I need to dial in some protein and fat. Maybe grass fed hamburger patties with a glass of OJ on the side.

When I go swimming, I have my own custom-made inner tube around my middle that consists of about 20 pounds of blubber and I would like to see my abdominal muscles at least one more time before I die. I know they are under there somewhere; I can feel them.