Losing Weight, mitigate PUFA release

Mike1234

So I'm around 20% bodyfat male, not incredibly overweight and planning to lose some. I understand losing weight releases PUFAs and other toxins into your body, but that is unavoidable.

What should I do to mitigate the damage of the PUFA release as I lose weight? I eat a few whole carrots everyday and take 400IU of vitamin E with a meal, eat pretty Peat friendly otherwise as well.

Thanks for any help

pboy

if your metabolism is abundant and abundant nutrients...they'll get dumped out in bile and not oxidized so they aren't a threat, just a big time tax...carrot might help but probably isn't necessary

XPlus

20% isn't much fat to worry about burning too quickly.
If your liver function is fine, proceed slowly and aim for the long-run.
Also, I'd maintain high metabolism and eat enough protein.
Zachs recently lost about 40 pounds on minimal fat diet.
Haidut has some good thoughts on weight loss. Search his posts on taurine, coffee, liver support and weight loss.

frant26

I read somewhere that abdominal fat is more saturated than thigh/butt fat. Is the release of stored SFA problematic?

tara

Maybe add a small amount of coconut oil a few times a day, to help dilute and displace PUFAs?

tara

frant26 said:
I read somewhere that abdominal fat is more saturated than thigh/butt fat. Is the release of stored SFA problematic?
I think the fat around internal organs tends to be more saturated. Not sure about more superficial belly fat. If you are losing fat, you don't have much control over which fat you shed.

OP
M

Mike1234

tara said:
Maybe add a small amount of coconut oil a few times a day, to help dilute and displace PUFAs?

I am taking teaspoons of coconut oil throughout the day, seems like good idea losing weight or not.