Losing Significant Amount Of Hair

OP
B

Bash___

+1

The challenge is working back up to that level of food intake without causing gut distress. It needs to be a gradual process, and this is where thinks like aspirin, niacinamide and cyproheptadine can help that process, at least in small doses.

Thank you! Would you recommend any particular dosage? I'm 5'11" and weigh approximately 165lbs

mrchibbs

Thank you for the tips! Ive been having trouble with the OJ ive been trying, but apple cider seems to agree with me. Im gonna look out for different brands of milk too as the ones I've tried are pretty much hit or miss

Yeah it's difficult to find good products. But it can make a world of difference. Sweet juice and high quality milk, make it easy to get nutrition. Then you can just have a simple meal at night like a steak, shrimps and rice or whatever. For a lot of people cooking is really difficult, especially during recovery, so it's important to make things as easy as possible.

mrchibbs

Thank you! Would you recommend any particular dosage? I'm 5'11" and weigh approximately 165lbs

Niacinamide can be taken with every meal, just 50mg, and as for aspirin, it can be just a small dose at night, whatever you feel comfortable with, 100-500mg, it should help control the inflammation and help you feel better. You won't need to take it for the rest of your life, but it can be a big help to help move away from a bad state.

Cyproheptadine is another alternative, as it helps increase appetite and can be a good substitute for aspirin if for some reason you prefer it.

mrchibbs

Thank you so much! Ive surpassed 2000 calories on both saturday and sunday and even got close to 3000 on the former. I felt energized and grounded for most of the day on sunday, which is a rarity for me. I'll be making small adjustments as i definitely wont be able to maintain that kind of intake regularly just yet

Looking good!

@Peatful and @redsun gave you very good advice, you really need to increase your calories, protein, carbs, micronutrient intake, vitamins etc.

I understand that can be overwhelming, but choosing highly nutritious foods like red meat, shellfish, milk, eggs, fruits, white rice, potatoes etc. simplifies things because you can get a lot of nutrition easily.

OP
B

Bash___

Yeah it's difficult to find good products. But it can make a world of difference. Sweet juice and high quality milk, make it easy to get nutrition. Then you can just have a simple meal at night like a steak, shrimps and rice or whatever. For a lot of people cooking is really difficult, especially during recovery, so it's important to make things as easy as possible.
Looking good!

@Peatful and @redsun gave you very good advice, you really need to increase your calories, protein, carbs, micronutrient intake, vitamins etc.

I understand that can be overwhelming, but choosing highly nutritious foods like red meat, shellfish, milk, eggs, fruits, white rice, potatoes etc. simplifies things because you can get a lot of nutrition easily.

Hey everyone, I need some advise.
I've been experiencing extremely low energy, foggy mind, and all around heaviness. My BP has been a steady 70 throughout the day and my temp around 97.6. I've been eating an average of 2,000 calories and averaging 80-90g a protein a day. I cut dairy out this last week and it seemed to have lowered my bloating. My protein intake has consisted almost entirely of red meat with at least one meal a day containing either chicken, lamb, oysters, or eggs. I've been including potatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms into most of my meals with the exception of a few random vegetables I've used instead. I've also been having cups of orange juice and apple cider through out the day. I've been keeping track of my nutritional intake on cronometer and everything seems to be covered except for vitamins E an D.
Today the heaviness and lethargy got so bad I nearly left work. It's gotten very difficult to deal with. I suspect somethings off with my diet, but I can pinpoint it. I'm not entirely sure, but it feels like something is going awry with my hormones.
I also found a post in the nutrition guidelines section stating that beef should not be the main source of protein, as well as several others because of it's affect on thyroid. He also mentions that chicken should be eaten every 7-10 days if metabolism is good. Can someone clarify what he's talking about for me? If all these meats negatively affect thyroid, what should be the main source of protein? Thank you to anybody to can give me some advice
Screenshot_20201128_173057.jpg

redsun

Hey everyone, I need some advise.
I've been experiencing extremely low energy, foggy mind, and all around heaviness. My BP has been a steady 70 throughout the day and my temp around 97.6. I've been eating an average of 2,000 calories and averaging 80-90g a protein a day. I cut dairy out this last week and it seemed to have lowered my bloating. My protein intake has consisted almost entirely of red meat with at least one meal a day containing either chicken, lamb, oysters, or eggs. I've been including potatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms into most of my meals with the exception of a few random vegetables I've used instead. I've also been having cups of orange juice and apple cider through out the day. I've been keeping track of my nutritional intake on cronometer and everything seems to be covered except for vitamins E an D.
Today the heaviness and lethargy got so bad I nearly left work. It's gotten very difficult to deal with. I suspect somethings off with my diet, but I can pinpoint it. I'm not entirely sure, but it feels like something is going awry with my hormones.
I also found a post in the nutrition guidelines section stating that beef should not be the main source of protein, as well as several others because of it's affect on thyroid. He also mentions that chicken should be eaten every 7-10 days if metabolism is good. Can someone clarify what he's talking about for me? If all these meats negatively affect thyroid, what should be the main source of protein? Thank you to anybody to can give me some adviceView attachment 20489

What is your height/weight? You probably need more protein and carbs. If work is especially taxing you need more calories to compensate. You will never be able to function if calories, especially carb intake isn't enough.

Meat does not negatively affect the thyroid. If thats all you eat and you also don't consume dairy, eggs, seafood etc. it won't make you hypothyroid but it will cause problems as its imbalanced on its own. But it has most things you need. If you cut out dairy you need to make sure you are getting more protein that you were getting from dairy. And eggs need to be in the diet to get more B2 in the diet that you would get from dairy.

OP
B

Bash___

What is your height/weight? You probably need more protein and carbs. If work is especially taxing you need more calories to compensate. You will never be able to function if calories, especially carb intake isn't enough.

Meat does not negatively affect the thyroid. If thats all you eat and you also don't consume dairy, eggs, seafood etc. it won't make you hypothyroid but it will cause problems as its imbalanced on its own. But it has most things you need. If you cut out dairy you need to make sure you are getting more protein that you were getting from dairy. And eggs need to be in the diet to get more B2 in the diet that you would get from dairy.

Im 5'11" and weigh approximately 165lb. I work from home, its a very sedantary job.
What do you think about the screenshot of the cysteine content of meat?

OP
B

Bash___

I've been having red meat twice a day on most days with a meal including chicken, lamb, eggs, or oysters in between. Is it possible I'm overdoing it on the red meat?
I haven't felt this bad in a while, I really need to get to the bottom of this

Scenes

I've been having red meat twice a day on most days with a meal including chicken, lamb, eggs, or oysters in between. Is it possible I'm overdoing it on the red meat?
Peat would say absolutely overdoing the meat. High calcium to phosphate ratio is one of his main tenets.

Personally, lots of milk with occasional oysters, eggs and meat works for me.

OP
B

Bash___

Peat would say absolutely overdoing the meat. High calcium to phosphate ratio is one of his main tenets.

Personally, lots of milk with occasional oysters, eggs and meat works for me.
I try to balance my meals with a 2:1 of veggies to meat, but i definitely have some meat for most of my meals.
Do you get most of your protein from milk? How does a normal day of eating look for you in that case?

redsun

If the quantity of protein is 80g that's low even if sedentary it doesn't matter if you get it from red meat or salmon row. The only real problem someone could have from red meat is if they had iron overload and thus high iron food can cause severe fatigue.

You can try low iron meats and see if you feel better from that, but the quantity of protein needs to be higher regardless. I would try 120g minimum, carbs at 300g+ and energy should be much improved. If you need to reduce fat intake to make room for more protein and carbs then you should do that. Veggies are not going to give you energy my man. Try to make sure you get plenty of carbs from starch and fruits. Rice, potatoes, maybe even pasta rarely if it doesnt give you problems. But easily digestible carbs (veggies are not easilt digestible) are vital for consistent energy throughout the day.

Dairy can be helpful for energy for some people but you got rid of it due to bloating which is understandable. Usually raw dairy or fermented dairy is more tolerated by people. You will be healthier in the long run having a few servings of dairy a day but you do not need 1:1 Ca:P ratio. 1g of calcium in the diet is more than enough.

Cysteine is irrelevant, eggs have more cysteine then dairy or meat, but cysteine is not the problem. Problem is you probably lack protein and could be lacking carbs. What is your estimated carb intake daily?

OP
B

Bash___

If the quantity of protein is 80g that's low even if sedentary it doesn't matter if you get it from red meat or salmon row. The only real problem someone could have from red meat is if they had iron overload and thus high iron food can cause severe fatigue.

You can try low iron meats and see if you feel better from that, but the quantity of protein needs to be higher regardless. I would try 120g minimum, carbs at 300g+ and energy should be much improved. If you need to reduce fat intake to make room for more protein and carbs then you should do that. Veggies are not going to give you energy my man. Try to make sure you get plenty of carbs from starch and fruits. Rice, potatoes, maybe even pasta rarely if it doesnt give you problems. But easily digestible carbs (veggies are not easilt digestible) are vital for consistent energy throughout the day.

Dairy can be helpful for energy for some people but you got rid of it due to bloating which is understandable. Usually raw dairy or fermented dairy is more tolerated by people. You will be healthier in the long run having a few servings of dairy a day but you do not need 1:1 Ca:P ratio. 1g of calcium in the diet is more than enough.

Cysteine is irrelevant, eggs have more cysteine then dairy or meat, but cysteine is not the problem. Problem is you probably lack protein and could be lacking carbs. What is your estimated carb intake daily?
Ive been averaging 300g, 350g on the high end. My main concern is that even though I've been eating more than I used to, consistently, I'm actually feeling worse than I used to.
I don't do veggies other than mushrooms, broccoli, and potatoes lately. I also get a lot of carbs from juices like OJ and apple cider, and fruits like grapes lately.
I haven't really been worried about my Ca:P since cutting dairy out. I knew it would he way unbalanced until I included dairy again or found a substitute. Would you recommend oat milk?

redsun

Ive been averaging 300g, 350g on the high end. My main concern is that even though I've been eating more than I used to, consistently, I'm actually feeling worse than I used to.
I don't do veggies other than mushrooms, broccoli, and potatoes lately. I also get a lot of carbs from juices like OJ and apple cider, and fruits like grapes lately.
I haven't really been worried about my Ca:P since cutting dairy out. I knew it would he way unbalanced until I included dairy again or found a substitute. Would you recommend oat milk?

I would recommend you get protein intake much higher and find a form of fermented or raw dairy you can tolerate before you think about substitute milks.

Your brain runs on glucose but it depends on neurotransmitters for its function. This is why protein is so vital for energy but its just as vital for sedentary work because your brain depends on amino acids which are needed to make neurotransmitters like dopamine, noradrenaline, acetylcholine, histamine, glutamate, etc... which are needed for optimal brain function. If you constantly run lowish on protein intake you will get wrecked mentally as well as physically. You will have low mental stamina, and you will be overrun with fatigue.

redsun

@Bash___ Btw chronic low or barely adequate protein intake is the kind of thing that can be almost entirely the reason you are getting increased hair shedding. If you don't have male pattern baldness but get shedding of hair this is largely due to stress but most often due to lack of protein.

Stress increases requirement for calories and protein to stave off catabolism, including catabolism of their hair which is made entirely out of protein. Funnily enough the sulfur amino acids like cysteine are the most abundant amino acids in the hair and are vital for hair growth and hair regrowth.

OP
B

Bash___

I would recommend you get protein intake much higher and find a form of fermented or raw dairy you can tolerate before you think about substitute milks.

Your brain runs on glucose but it depends on neurotransmitters for its function. This is why protein is so vital for energy but its just as vital for sedentary work because your brain depends on amino acids which are needed to make neurotransmitters like dopamine, noradrenaline, acetylcholine, histamine, glutamate, etc... which are needed for optimal brain function. If you constantly run lowish on protein intake you will get wrecked mentally as well as physically. You will have low mental stamina, and you will be overrun with fatigue.
That pretty much describes my current state lately

I've been feeling exactly like that, but I have drastically increased my overall nutrition. I'm not understanding what is happening to me.
I wasnt feel well before, but I was getting by. Now that I'm making an effort to get more calories and protein in, I've been feeling worse than before.

mrchibbs

Once more, I echo @redsun's overall suggestions.

For example, tonight I had a pot roast and mashed potatoes. I bought a cheap cut on beef chuck on sale, and it had plenty of ligaments, tendons, and collagen. I cooked it in a tomato/red wine stock for about 4 hours.

It's heavenly, and very high protein and source of nutrition. Great bang for your buck. I also cooked peeled and cooked the heck out of some peeled white potatoes, to which I added a good amount of organic butter, milk, salt, grated gruyere and parmesan cheese.

On a good-portioned, I must be getting upwards of 70g of protein, on top of what I'd already had today. Along with some extra thyroid, it's literally impossible not to feel great.

You need to make big meals like this with unexpensive cuts of meat, it's the easiest way to get good protein and nutrition, and you can eat on it for several days.

Small glasses of milk throughout the day are good, but you need to drink a little at a time and warm the milk in your mouth, and use your saliva to ensure it's digested properly.

OP
B

Bash___

Im not entirely sure what is going wrong then. I've been following the suggestions I've been given on this forum. At first I was feeling pretty good, but this is day 4 now of experiencing an overwhelming heaviness.
Upwards of 2000 calories, 80g-100g of protein, 300g of calories on average.
This is way more than I've eaten regularly in the past, so why am I feeling so unwell?
Also, my pulse has been in the low 70s and temp around 97.6 generally.
Help me understand what is happening here

redsun

Im not entirely sure what is going wrong then. I've been following the suggestions I've been given on this forum. At first I was feeling pretty good, but this is day 4 now of experiencing an overwhelming heaviness.
Upwards of 2000 calories, 80g-100g of protein, 300g of calories on average.
This is way more than I've eaten regularly in the past, so why am I feeling so unwell?
Also, my pulse has been in the low 70s and temp around 97.6 generally.
Help me understand what is happening here

Sudden influx of food can be hard for the digestion until it can catch up so it will bog you down. This is why its important to avoid things that tend to upset the digestion. Excess amount of vegetable or in general plant fiber tends to do it for a lot of people. Salt helps stimulate stomach acid production.

Pasteurized dairy is a culprit, but many people do fine on raw or fermented. I eat very little vegetables because it gives me problems and fills me up too easily while not satisfying my hunger so it can stuff the gut up.

They are very low in calories but provide too much bulk in the stomach. So it can be counterproductive for those of us who need to get more calories and nutrition in the diet. High water content vegetables like tomato, cucumber, onion, lettuce etc, are easier on the gut then say broccoli. They also are good for making a tasty salad occasionally.

mrchibbs

Not really hard to understand, if you've been undereating for a long time, you cannot expect to feel good by stuffing yourself for a few days. This will take several weeks/months. A lot of fine-tuning and slowly increasing the food intake and changing some things in your lifestyle. You have to find what works for you. Following the suggestions of people is unlikely to bring lasting relief. You need more calories, protein, and nutritious foods. Now what matters is implementing this plan in a way that works for you.

OP
B

Bash___

Sudden influx of food can be hard for the digestion until it can catch up so it will bog you down. This is why its important to avoid things that tend to upset the digestion. Excess amount of vegetable or in general plant fiber tends to do it for a lot of people. Salt helps stimulate stomach acid production.

Pasteurized dairy is a culprit, but many people do fine on raw or fermented. I eat very little vegetables because it gives me problems and fills me up too easily while not satisfying my hunger so it can stuff the gut up.

They are very low in calories but provide too much bulk in the stomach. So it can be counterproductive for those of us who need to get more calories and nutrition in the diet. High water content vegetables like tomato, cucumber, onion, lettuce etc, are easier on the gut then say broccoli. They also are good for making a tasty salad occasionally.
I gotcha, thank you for the tips.
I've never heard of drinking raw milk until reading these posts. Isn't it loaded with potentially harmful bacteria?
Also, have you had your own experience with hair loss? If so, are you able to halt and restore it with nutrition?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals