Losing Muscle Quickly

brix

Two months ago, I stopped lifting heavy. (Still do push ups and have two 30lb dumbbells.)
I have been losing my muscle rather quickly despite supplementing to increase androgens.
My diet contains more protein and calories as well.

I am a "naturally" thin person, at ~185 and 6'3.
Does anyone have advice for gaining healthy weight without gaining more fat?

Lee Simeon

I am not sure of its effects, but things like sunlight before I hit the gym would help me a lot. As well as Vitamin K2.

Peatful

Aspirin and K2

Mage

Why did you stop training? Injury?

There's no way around it as far as I know, if you stop the stimulus, some muscle loss is inevitable. There's simply no reason for your body to maintain that muscle mass, even if you have optimal androgen levels and your health is on point.

OP
B

brix

Aspirin and K2

already supplementing these. 325mgs aspirin and 6mg k2.
Why did you stop training? Injury?

There's no way around it as far as I know, if you stop the stimulus, some muscle loss is inevitable. There's simply no reason for your body to maintain that muscle mass, even if you have optimal androgen levels and your health is on point.

Moved out of a house with a home gym.

Mage

Moved out of a house with a home gym.
You could try calistechnics, it's not as effective for muscle building as a traditional weight lifting routine, but it's much better than nothing. There are also pros to it, it's way harder to overexert yourself using your own body instead of weights, minimizing the negative effects of hyperventilation and latic acid (and you don't need a gym).

OP
B

brix

You could try calistechnics, it's not as effective for muscle building as a traditional weight lifting routine, but it's much better than nothing. There are also pros to it, it's way harder to overexert yourself using your own body instead of weights, minimizing the negative effects of hyperventilation and latic acid (and you don't need a gym).

I do push ups, dips, and pull ups. With 30lb dumbbells do bicep curls, shoulder press, and squats. Is it not enough?

Mage

I do push ups, dips, and pull ups. With 30lb dumbbells do bicep curls, shoulder press, and squats. Is it not enough?

Well.. maybe, you have to "ask yourself" this. This could be less work for your muscles than you were doing before.. You should be mainly doing 3 things to maintain and improve muscle mass:

1) Stay in a caloric surplus/maintenance
2) Eat enough protein and carbs
3) Ensure Progressive Overload (or at least maintenance load)

As it's a bit too much of a coincidence that you've started to notice muscle loss at around the same moment you've dropped your previous lifting routine, my guess is #3. And you should also be doing #1 and #2 if you're following the basic Peat guidelines :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals