Losing Forearm Hair On Wrists

Peatogenic

Past couple months I noticed that I have visible spots of hair loss or much less/shorter hairs. Almost identical spots right over bone on both wrists.

At first I thought it could be from wearing long sleeve shirts a lot, but I've done that in the past, too. On the left wrist, the skin is actually a tad lighter color exactly where the hairloss patch is. On the right wrist there is no color difference. So strange... It's not really white, it just looks untanned...

Any ideas what this could be?

Last edited:

Nick W.

Years back, when I'd eat mac-n-cheese, I remember smelling it on my wrists, as if it were emanating from my pores. Scratching the wrist is supposedly a welcoming signal to potential mates, probably to kick up pheremones, which I'll bet emanate from there. It's also where people like to dab perfumes, as the arms move around and spread the scent around.

Do you rest your wrists on something as you sit down to eat, type, etc? Got a new tablecloth, a new hand soap you're using?

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Years back, when I'd eat mac-n-cheese, I remember smelling it on my wrists, as if it were emanating from my pores. Scratching the wrist is supposedly a welcoming signal to potential mates, probably to kick up pheremones, which I'll bet emanate from there. It's also where people like to dab perfumes, as the arms move around and spread the scent around.

Do you rest your wrists on something as you sit down to eat, type, etc? Got a new tablecloth, a new hand soap you're using?

No, nothing new except the supplements I'm taking....Pansterone, Vit a, Vit D. I take them on the wrist, but not on the hairy side..

opethfeldt

Well, when I take a lot of progesterone, this happens to me. Can't really say what might be causing it for you. Maybe pansterone is elevating progesterone too much but I doubt it.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Well, when I take a lot of progesterone, this happens to me. Can't really say what might be causing it for you. Maybe pansterone is elevating progesterone too much but I doubt it.

I was concerned about that....I'm actually taking a very low dose...just two drops. I think the DHEA is responsible for my positive changes, which would increase progesterone? Because I've taken Pregnenolone before without the new benefits.

RisingSun

Past couple months I noticed that I have visible spots of hair loss or much less/shorter hairs. Almost identical spots right over bone on both wrists.

At first I thought it could be from wearing long sleeve shirts a lot, but I've done that in the past, too. On the left wrist, the skin is actually a tad lighter color exactly where the hairloss patch is. On the right wrist there is no color difference. So strange... It's not really white, it just looks untanned...

Low E2 will cause that

J

jb116

Yup, happens every change of season to me. Less vitamin D, less sunshine, shorter days.
These things are primarily anti-estrogenic, which is why in winter estrogen goes more unopposed. It's counter-logical to think E2 is low at this time.
Peat has spoken about this. He's even said, "in winter we're all a little demented."
For myself it's a cycle. Right around spring time the hair grows back in

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Yup, happens every change of season to me. Less vitamin D, less sunshine, shorter days.
These things are primarily anti-estrogenic, which is why in winter estrogen goes more unopposed. It's counter-logical to think E2 is low at this time.
Peat has spoken about this. He's even said, "in winter we're all a little demented."

Yeah, it grew back last spring. Weird if it's estrogen..

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Random question..have you noticed a seasonal issue relative to this wrist hair loss thing of wounds/scratches taking longer to heal? Also, those hair loss patches have this weird quality of the skin around various hair follicles get slightly red, mainly the hair follicles in the bald patch. Last year they did the same thing.

J

jb116

Random question..have you noticed a seasonal issue relative to this wrist hair loss thing of wounds/scratches taking longer to heal? Also, those hair loss patches have this weird quality of the skin around various hair follicles get slightly red, mainly the hair follicles in the bald patch. Last year they did the same thing.
I'd say I've noticed a general, slight slowing down in the darker, colder seasons. So even wounds heal a little slower. I don't I've noticed anything like the red follicles though.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

I'd say I've noticed a general, slight slowing down in the darker, colder seasons. So even wounds heal a little slower. I don't I've noticed anything like the red follicles though.

Ok, I'm thinking more along the lines of folliculitis now, because there's a few hairs that have "pimples". Oddly, this also explains these bumps I get on my forehead during humid weather, which is apparently folliculitis.

J

jb116

Ok, I'm thinking more along the lines of folliculitis now, because there's a few hairs that have "pimples". Oddly, this also explains these bumps I get on my forehead during humid weather, which is apparently folliculitis.
Peat has spoken about humid weather being a stress to the osmotic exchange, so that makes sense. Also, maybe experiment with a little extra zinc and B5, see if it helps.

berk

please give your diet to @Orangeyouglad
he thinks he is very sick because he have some hair growing on his arms and is very paranoid about it.
I'm Getting Hairy
So he must be thrilled about you this.

redsun

please give your diet to @Orangeyouglad
he thinks he is very sick because he have some hair growing on his arms and is very paranoid about it.
I'm Getting Hairy
So he must be thrilled about you this.

You really are just going to be another one of those newcomers that just likes to antagonize others between threads. Bravo. If you actually read his posts he was mainly talking about new hairs coming on the back, shoulders, and other odd places.

OP
Peatogenic

Peatogenic

Besides, due to the unwanted hair growth of Solban, I heard Haidut is currently formulating a new counteractive product called Hairban. But I've never tried Solban on wrists.

berk

You really are just going to be another one of those newcomers that just likes to antagonize others between threads. Bravo. If you actually read his posts he was mainly talking about new hairs coming on the back, shoulders, and other odd places.
i was not sarcastic if your thought i was., just trying to help.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals