Losing excess body fat/reversing metabolic syndrome?

Davsey85

Hey guys

I would like to optimize my health

I have chronic fatigue syndrome for 3 years

Can't tolerate exercise

Good thyroid function.Normal D levels

They to get good sunlight throughout the day

Can't seem to get rid of this 36 inch gut

Intermittent fasting most days

I am about 5 ft 185 and would like to improve

I donated blood to stanford in hopes that they find a cure for this condition

Something is slowing the metabolism down and causing mitochondrial fragmentation

I'm sensitive to sugar/carbs as they spike insulin and it seems my blood glucose goes up quick.amd stays elevated for a long time.

Fasted blood glucose 100

Any tips would be appreciated

. metabolism and perhaps lose 15lbs

My testosterone is around 360

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 100

Vileplume

How do you know you have good thyroid function? Do you track your body temperature?

Increasing calcium:phosphate ratio through unfortified goat milk and eating less meat, plus taking thyroid, helped me lose about 15 pounds in 3 months.

ddjd

Not a peaty solution but try 500mg regular flush NIACIN, per day, maybe best 2 x 250mg doses. After meals.

Seriously effective fat burner

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

How do you know you have good thyroid function? Do you track your body temperature?

Increasing calcium:phosphate ratio through unfortified goat milk and eating less meat, plus taking thyroid, helped me lose about 15 pounds in 3 months.

Dairy makes me feel unwell.Seems like body has problems digesting sugar.Possibly leaky gug

Tsh is typically comes bacm.in the 1 range temps vary from around 97 in am to 98-98.5 when out in sun

Beastmode

Dairy makes me feel unwell.Seems like body has problems digesting sugar.Possibly leaky gug

Tsh is typically comes bacm.in the 1 range temps vary from around 97 in am to 98-98.5 when out in sun

97 in the a.m isn't necessarily ideal, unless it's in the higher range 97.7+ upon waking. Also, your heart rate is just as important to know at certain times. If you have chronic fatigue issues, your thyroid isn't doing well.

I was around 179-180 pretty steady for a while and didn't change anything but sleep time. Being in bed sometime before 9 and asleep not long afterward has taken off another 4 lbs the past month.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

yes my resting heart rate waking up is typically in the mid 50s

I do get sensitive to cold pretty easily

Yesterday

Beastmode

yes my resting heart rate waking up is typically in the mid 50s

I do get sensitive to cold pretty easily

Yesterday
Best to look into what good thyroid function is as that waking heart rate is very low. It seems to be the most stubborn when it comes to getting it up in a good range compared to the body temp.

Cut the fasting and eat immediately upon waking and every 3 hours with a combo of foods/liquids that feel good. Most here go crazy on the carbs/sugar right away and that's b.s. If you're sensitive to sugar, consider having a bit of fat and protein with it. Many ways to go about this, but you have to find a path that you can be consistent and aware of throughout the process so you can adjust. It's a good idea to track your foods via cronometer, but don't base everything off the #'s.

Might not seem relevant, but your posture in that pic is consistent with a breathing issue. Look into postural restoration institute and possibly someone in your area that specializes in it.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Appreciate it Beast Mode,

Regarding the spine I find it difficult to keep a straight posture

I wonder what could be causing this?

I weighed myself yesterday and seem to have gone down from the high 180s to 181 measured yesterday from intermittent fasting.

Seems like during that initial 12-14 hr window of not eating the body feels lighter and less poisoned until I eat a meal.This is after all the food has been digested the day before and the body is taking a rest from digestion

Then I eat a meal and start getting twitches,flu like symptoms,and feeling poisoned overall?

Seem to be sensitive to alot of foods particularly fruits,nuts,dairy,cheese,tortilla

I went to an Asian restaurant near LA about a week ago and ordered just shrimp wrapped in lettuce with coca cola and didn't feel to inflamed

Vileplume

Have you tried A2 milk, or goat milk? A1 dairy makes me feel unwell too, but not goat milk.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

yes i.have tried a2 milk

Makes me feel inflamed

I used to drink lots of lactose free milk a year ago sometimes two 1 liter boxes and wouldn't feel inflamed.

Then I don't know what happened

Beastmode

Appreciate it Beast Mode,

Regarding the spine I find it difficult to keep a straight posture

I wonder what could be causing this?

I weighed myself yesterday and seem to have gone down from the high 180s to 181 measured yesterday from intermittent fasting.

Seems like during that initial 12-14 hr window of not eating the body feels lighter and less poisoned until I eat a meal.This is after all the food has been digested the day before and the body is taking a rest from digestion

Then I eat a meal and start getting twitches,flu like symptoms,and feeling poisoned overall?

Seem to be sensitive to alot of foods particularly fruits,nuts,dairy,cheese,tortilla

I went to an Asian restaurant near LA about a week ago and ordered just shrimp wrapped in lettuce with coca cola and didn't feel to inflamed
Many factors that drive posture (i.e- vision, diaphragm position, etc.)

Youtube Postural Restoration Institute and try some of the exercises you find. Without a detailed assessment, it'll be "trial and error," but at least you might find something that impacts how you feel and your posture.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Best to look into what good thyroid function is as that waking heart rate is very low. It seems to be the most stubborn when it comes to getting it up in a good range compared to the body temp.

Cut the fasting and eat immediately upon waking and every 3 hours with a combo of foods/liquids that feel good. Most here go crazy on the carbs/sugar right away and that's b.s. If you're sensitive to sugar, consider having a bit of fat and protein with it. Many ways to go about this, but you have to find a path that you can be consistent and aware of throughout the process so you can adjust. It's a good idea to track your foods via cronometer, but don't base everything off the #'s.

Might not seem relevant, but your posture in that pic is consistent with a breathing issue. Look into postural restoration institute and possibly someone in your area that specializes in it.
Thanks beast mode

Yesterday I had 1 meal around 8pm and then another one midnight

Fasted from midnight to 3pm and felt a bit shaky

Pulled off the freeway and got a McDonald's spicy chicken sandwich

Perhaps more frequent meals that don't raise blood sugar too much may be better

I had a 2 day cardiopulmonary test in April that pointed to metabolic problems

So I have to be careful with exercise

Then recent labs showing pre-diabetes, slightly elevated triglycerides

Attachments

• Workwellcpetreport.pdf
    156.5 KB · Views: 12

Beastmode

Thanks beast mode

Enough with the long fasting! People don't get healthy that way. For as long as you continue, don't expect to feel much better. Your system is under extreme stress and you're only hurting it more this way.

Vileplume

yes i.have tried a2 milk

Makes me feel inflamed

I used to drink lots of lactose free milk a year ago sometimes two 1 liter boxes and wouldn't feel inflamed.

Then I don't know what happened
This increased sensitivity, and more foods inflaming you, might come from decreased thyroid function worsening your digestive function. When I did a year of intermittent fasting, my thyroid function (temp and pulse) tanked. What is your diet like?

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

This increased sensitivity, and more foods inflaming you, might come from decreased thyroid function worsening your digestive function. When I did a year of intermittent fasting, my thyroid function (temp and pulse) tanked. What is your diet like?
I don't really have a diet

Sometimes microwave a broccoli,cauliflower,carrot frozen veggies throw sardines for omega 3

Sometimes rice and fish

Sometimes turkey/chicken sandwiches

Sometimed fried potatoes in coconut oil and some eggs

Nothing really consistent or set in stone

Seem to have a c shaped gut no matt we what I

eat/drink OJ,milk, coffee

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I used to feel that way and would avoid eating when I had to work because I felt so poorly (and poisoned) after eating that I couldn’t function. Since I worked 12 hour shifts I basically only ate once per day on work days and I also had CFS which didn’t help anything. I’m sure that not eating created more problems but I didn’t know it at the time and I was just trying to get through the day or night depending on the shift. Anyway, I can certainly relate.
I agree with stopping the fasting and also think you should research elimination diets to try to figure out which foods are actually causing you to feel poisoned.

Vileplume

I don't really have a diet

Sometimes microwave a broccoli,cauliflower,carrot frozen veggies throw sardines for omega 3

Sometimes rice and fish

Sometimes turkey/chicken sandwiches

Sometimed fried potatoes in coconut oil and some eggs

Nothing really consistent or set in stone

Seem to have a c shaped gut no matt we what I

eat/drink OJ,milk, coffee
I think these things could be worth a try:
-having some fruit or fruit juice with every meal, every few hours. The fructose and minerals in fruit will help your body utilize the sugar without raising insulin.
-like @Beastmode said, dropping the fasting. This is probably causing your blood sugar to drop, leading to shakiness and spiking cortisol, which breaks down muscle tissue and lowers metabolism, making it harder to lose weight in the long run
-finding a well-tolerated source of calcium, like cheese or A2 milk, which is typically less inflammatory than A1 if you’re sensitive. The calcium will help increase your metabolic rate and raise your body temperature, so you can use your glucose better and drop some poundage
-considering a thyroid supplement as a means of boosting metabolism and body temperature
-eliminating the sardines because omega-3 is a PUFA, which is blocking your body’s ability to use glucose and continuity to the metabolic problems
-some people, like me, get digestive problems from cauliflower and broccoli, so you could try eliminating those to see if you feel better. Same with dropping bread, you might feel better without it.

Dr. B

Thanks beast mode

that stuff is full of PUFA. youd have to drastically change your diet. you can use vitamin E with it but that has its own issues from supplements

mostlylurking

I have chronic fatigue syndrome for 3 years

Can't tolerate exercise

Something is slowing the metabolism down and causing mitochondrial fragmentation

I'm sensitive to sugar/carbs
These things point to a possible thiamine deficiency. I've posted a lot about thiamine on the forum. Helpful information is available at these links:
You searched for Dr Derrick Lonsdale - Hormones Matter excellent articles about thiamine
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ excellent videos about thiamine
article: