Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

IVILA

I supplemented so much retinol that ***t had to be in my serum and many many many people have done the same with no success. I also used inositol often to lower iron levels.

I really doubt its what ur saying i tried every single vitamin high doses. A mix of them ive been at this for over 2 years and nothing works like this oil
That doesn't really matter unless you know for certain you have low vitamin A. The other thing is, you need to use antifungals and fix gut and liver health.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

That doesn't really matter unless you know for certain you have low vitamin A. The other thing is, you need to use antifungals and fix gut and liver health.
You probably havent read any of my posts i used three different pharma grade antifungals no success. I faster for 36 hours. I have done everything to optimize liver health. Again ive been at this for so long. I assure u its more complicated than what u are suggestion only think that semi helped was antihistamines.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

The effects of the mct oil is amazing and bewildering.

I read it increases the th2 response and sometimes i notice random itches on my legs or hands where some of the mct oil got to. But this doesnt make any sense. Th2 promotes eczema. So why would my skin improve if it increases th2 and random itches. I wonder if this has something to do with the histidine amino acid.

Mct oil deserves way way more testing and research

Wagner83

Mct oil shampoo / hair drowning also gives me quite the relief. I think tca300 did something similar a few times and it cured whatever ailment he was suffering from. This being said, cheese / hard cheese (perhaps not feta cheese) and egg yolks give me pretty intense flaking the next day. Hair also look like they need to be shampooed. It is pretty annoying that yolks induce such effects, they're a good food.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Mct oil shampoo / hair drowning also gives me quite the relief. I think tca300 did something similar a few times and it cured whatever ailment he was suffering from. This being said, cheese / hard cheese (perhaps not feta cheese) and egg yolks give me pretty intense flaking the next day. Hair also look like they need to be shampooed. It is pretty annoying that yolks induce such effects, they're a good food.
This ***t doesnt make any sense.

Antihistmines reduce my dandruff. But then mct oil wipes it out but slightly increases an itch in random spots. Not on my sclap where i have been dumping it like crazy. But like my beard area no rash nothing severe. Very manageable

Perhaps all mct oil is doing a double whammy destorying pathogens and increasing fliggarin production. I mean what if thats the issue in people with seb derm as well just like atopic eczema.

Wagner83

It is antifungal and perhaps it's just very good at penetrating the skin, reaching the right areas and exerting its effects. I don't know !

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Mct oil is working i get 24-36 hours of relief but i am discovering its a permanent TREATMENT. not a cure unfortunately. Whatever the exact mechanism behind this is a mystery but proof the issue i have is systemic. What that issue is. I dont know. Is it the gut? Do i need to oral consume this stuff for a while? Thoughts

jaype

Mct oil is working i get 24-36 hours of relief but i am discovering its a permanent TREATMENT. not a cure unfortunately. Whatever the exact mechanism behind this is a mystery but proof the issue i have is systemic. What that issue is. I dont know. Is it the gut? Do i need to oral consume this stuff for a while? Thoughts
I think it is very much gut related. I've had this condition for a very long time. It comes and goes but everytime i take antibiotics, it is followed by the worst outbreaks of my life.

Through my research I've found that a lot of people have success with MCT oil topicalluly. The malassezia fungus can't metabolize short chain fatty acids in MCT oil, plus the C8 and C10 acids have anti fungal properties. I haven't tried orally but it's worth a try.

Another thing that you can try is dead sea salt. It works for some people too. Of course it's maintance but i think using it once or twice a week to maintain clearance is ok with me.

Summer

I’ve been eating super clean for the past three weeks. White rice/white potatoes with ground beef and white kidney beans/vegetables and my dandruff has been TERRIBLE. Maybe it’s the copious amounts of starch.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I’ve been eating super clean for the past three weeks. White rice/white potatoes with ground beef and white kidney beans/vegetables and my dandruff has been TERRIBLE. Maybe it’s the copious amounts of starch.
Even if it was. Why?

Ive read a few reports of people developing dandruff after antibiotics. Doxcycline.

Which depletes b vitamins

Summer

Even if it was. Why?

Ive read a few reports of people developing dandruff after antibiotics. Doxcycline.

Which depletes b vitamins
Good question. I haven’t taken antibiotics in many years and with all the beef I’ve been eating, you’d think my B vitamin intake would be on point. Maybe I’ve been eating too little fat. Gonna try throwing down 2 or 3 egg yolks every day.

Is MCT oil still working for you?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Good question. I haven’t taken antibiotics in many years and with all the beef I’ve been eating, you’d think my B vitamin intake would be on point. Maybe I’ve been eating too little fat. Gonna try throwing down 2 or 3 egg yolks every day.

Nope it stopped working its ******* bizzare.

Trevinski

Just catching up on this thread. I share your affliction, Gorillahead. I have had dandruff as long as I can remember and I am so Jaded with miracle cures doing nothing; I will often apply said remedy and then run my hand through my hair after the remedial period only to get more white dust. I know I have some gut/fungal issues as well, but I haven't found any longer term fixes for those either; a Ray Peat inspired way of eating with more restricted sugar seems to help some.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Haave we all tried every nutrient ?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Okay so just want to add. that too much b12 causes dry flakey skin all over the body. Idk why. I am just amazed it’s not a documented effect. Our medical system legit is made of morons and greedy people.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Some good news. But of course it’s early but sea salt water a 15 minute soak has reduced flakes by 99 percent. Interestingly now my chin kinda feels inflamed or burned after the treatment. But the flakes are gone. Also I now believe this issues I related to aldosterone and that would explain why seb derm is tied in with androgenic alopecia. I don’t want to make this thread about hairloss. But I think this connection I made is gold.

MDA is 2 to 3 times elevated in AGA patients.
PON1 is significantly decreased in AGA patients.

Guess what raises MDA by about 2 times in studies.
Guess what reduces pon1 by about 30 percent.

aldosterone people

1960 study on one man found the more salt this consumed. The more hair he lost. To much salt causes aldosterone issues.

Spirolactone in men reverses AGA

late Travis believed this was the method at work.

aldosterone cause heart disease.

so ya. Do what u Will with that info. But I know I am determined to have amazing hair and won’t give up

Summer

Some good news. But of course it’s early but sea salt water a 15 minute soak has reduced flakes by 99 percent. Interestingly now my chin kinda feels inflamed or burned after the treatment. But the flakes are gone. Also I now believe this issues I related to aldosterone and that would explain why seb derm is tied in with androgenic alopecia. I don’t want to make this thread about hairloss. But I think this connection I made is gold.

MDA is 2 to 3 times elevated in AGA patients.
PON1 is significantly decreased in AGA patients.

Guess what raises MDA by about 2 times in studies.
Guess what reduces pon1 by about 30 percent.

aldosterone people

1960 study on one man found the more salt this consumed. The more hair he lost. To much salt causes aldosterone issues.

Spirolactone in men reverses AGA

late Travis believed this was the method at work.

aldosterone cause heart disease.

so ya. Do what u Will with that info. But I know I am determined to have amazing hair and won’t give up
How does soaking your head in salt water counter aldosterone? I’m not seeing the connection.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

How does soaking your head in salt water counter aldosterone? I’m not seeing the connection.
While I did talk about salt water soak before I talked about aldosterone. I never said that soaking ur head in salt water reduces aldosterone. I just said I know believe the issue is aldosterone. I didn’t outline why. But it does have to do with sodium channels I believe

Summer

While I did talk about salt water soak before I talked about aldosterone. I never said that soaking ur head in salt water reduces aldosterone. I just said I know believe the issue is aldosterone. I didn’t outline why. But it does have to do with sodium channels I believe
Gotcha. Thanks