Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

GorillaHead

Hey everybody.

I have tried every single thing under the sun trying to solve my flakey scalp and beard. It does go away no matter what topical.

I have tried head and shoulders. Nizoral. Piroctamine olamine. Topical Iodine. Topical tree tea oil

Internally I have tried.
Thyroid
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin E
Iodine
Selenium
High dose b complex.
P5P
Vitamin D
Vitamin A. ( the acetate form worked for two weeks and bam it all came back in fact the acetate doesnt do much to my skin like it used to)

How the hell is this possible.

I even tried sugar loading. 4 tablespoons of sugar in a day. Nothing

Beef liver stopped working and made my cholesterol higher.

Oysters consumption no go

Under eating a possibility? Like what i have to eat everyday alot or it will come back. Highly doubt this one. But I will try to be consistent
Or do i need omegas?

I mean there aren't any other options right?

This dandruff is like small specked white dust. Its Literally consuming my mind and hair that short period where vitamin A acetate solved the issue hair stopped falling too. Now retinol acetate just gives me headaches. Fml

aniciete

I’m really with you on this... nothing I have tried orally over the last year has fixed my dandruff. The only thing that has somewhat improved the dryness was topical olive oil.

OccamzRazer

Hey everybody.

I have tried every single thing under the sun trying to solve my flakey scalp and beard. It does go away no matter what topical.

I have tried head and shoulders. Nizoral. Piroctamine olamine. Topical Iodine. Topical tree tea oil

Internally I have tried.
Thyroid
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin E
Iodine
Selenium
High dose b complex.
P5P
Vitamin D
Vitamin A. ( the acetate form worked for two weeks and bam it all came back in fact the acetate doesnt do much to my skin like it used to)

Under eating a possibility? Like what i have to eat everyday alot or it will come back. Highly doubt this one. But I will try to be consistent
Or do i need omegas?

This dandruff is like small specked white dust. Its Literally consuming my mind and hair that short period where vitamin A acetate solved the issue hair stopped falling too. Now retinol acetate just gives me headaches. Fml
Ever tried an elimination diet?

My dandruff went away completely from going carnivore last year.

After doing beef + bone broth for a week or two, you can slowly add some carb-containing foods back in one at a time, observing your scalp health as you do.

Posture may also be important. Do you sit a lot? Might be worth trying to physically increase circulation to the scalp.

OccamzRazer

Another thing: white sugar/cane sugar/coconut sugar etc. all make my dandruff come back.

Gotta stick with raw honey, maple syrup, etc - those things don't cause any dandruff for me.

N=1 of course.

Ben.

My dandruf comes and goes. Cant pin it down either.

Aloe vera drinking gel on the scalp always works well for me and after leaving it in for a few hours, either using head/shoulder shampoo or a "death sea salt" shampoo afterwards. Leaving that one in for 15 minutes before washing it out.

Ofcourse that only helps locally, not realy well apliccable to beard/eyebrows or wherever the dandruff is. To me it feels like a internal digestive issue.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Another thing: white sugar/cane sugar/coconut sugar etc. all make my dandruff come back.

Gotta stick with raw honey, maple syrup, etc - those things don't cause any dandruff for me.

N=1 of course.
Ever tried an elimination diet?

My dandruff went away completely from going carnivore last year.

After doing beef + bone broth for a week or two, you can slowly add some carb-containing foods back in one at a time, observing your scalp health as you do.

Posture may also be important. Do you sit a lot? Might be worth trying to physically increase circulation to the scalp.
I’m really with you on this... nothing I have tried orally over the last year has fixed my dandruff. The only thing that has somewhat improved the dryness was topical olive oil.

Do any of yall under eat?

I have not tried an elimination diet. Find it hard to believe its the solution cauae when u load up on sugar it doesn't make things worse or anything but I may have to try this as I have exhausted my options

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

This is the true pandemic and not a single damn scientist can figure it out. There aren't even treatments that work me yet alone a cure. What a joke our health industry is.

Kvothe

Hey everybody.

Internally I have tried.
Thyroid
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin E
Iodine
Selenium
High dose b complex.
P5P
Vitamin D

Or do i need omegas?

I think it is some autoimmune process triggered mostly by intestinal toxins, especially certain polypeptides. I get some noticeable dandruff when I experience intestinal irriation for a few days.

aniciete

Do any of yall under eat?

I have not tried an elimination diet. Find it hard to believe its the solution cauae when u load up on sugar it doesn't make things worse or anything but I may have to try this as I have exhausted my options
I eat at a surplus and have tried eliminating/ adding in different foods. I’ve tried increasing/ decreasing my physical activity without any change. Tried all sorts of different “dandruff remedies” which never helped.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Okay so i forgot to mention something big. Post Alcohol Fuzzies. After a night of 7 shot. Ill he warm and fuzzy for the next 10-12 hours and during this time my stools are solid and very formed. And my dandruff stops.

Could it be alcohol cleaning the gut?
Could it be metabolism related?
Could it be the massive increase in stomach acid ?

aniciete

Okay so i forgot to mention something big. Post Alcohol Fuzzies. After a night of 7 shot. Ill he warm and fuzzy for the next 10-12 hours and during this time my stools are solid and very formed. And my dandruff stops.

Could it be alcohol cleaning the gut?
Could it be metabolism related?
Could it be the massive increase in stomach acid ?
Increased estrogen? I’ve seen other people on here claim dry hair/skin improved when stopping estrogen suppressing supplements.

Nomane Euger

Hey everybody.

Internally I have tried.
Thyroid
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin E
Iodine
Selenium
High dose b complex.
P5P
Vitamin D

Or do i need omegas?

What do you eat?dont omit anything

bddn

Maybe it’s time to let go? I get that it’s annoying but as you said yourself, your quest to solve it has become “consuming”, and that’s no way to live.

For what it’s worth, I have similar dandruff issues (in that it comes and goes, but on the whole is fairly persistent).

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Maybe it’s time to let go? I get that it’s annoying but as you said yourself, your quest to solve it has become “consuming”, and that’s no way to live.

For what it’s worth, I have similar dandruff issues (in that it comes and goes, but on the whole is fairly persistent).
i mean that is sound logic but how would the world advance and solve problems if we let go. Isnt obsession what gets us further.

Anyways new things on the table.

Elimination Diet.
High dose Biotin
Omega 3 consumption
Liver Cleanse.

Nomane Euger

i mean that is sound logic but how would the world advance and solve problems if we let go. Isnt obsession what gets us further.

Elimination Diet.
High dose Biotin
Omega 3 consumption
Liver Cleanse.
hi,i share you the the hypothetical causes of skin problems eczema/dandruff for me:Cheese,it also came with hard constipation and blood in stools.to high honey/sugar relative to fruits/organs/coconut water,5ar inibitors in certains fruits causing clear estrogenic symptoms including skin problem,and screwed Vitamine A function causing estrogenic symptoms including skin problems.detail your diet it could be of great help,i fixed my skins problems but it can come back quickly with innapropriate foods

TradClare

Years ago, in the 90s I briefly had really bad dandruff. I paid a couple $ online for the "cure". It actually worked. It involved soaking the scalp in apple cider vinegar and sleeping in it for 3 nights in a row. You could rinse it in the morning. I thought it smelled awful but was assured by my mom and boyfriend that they couldn't smell it when dry. Anyway I have not had it since! This also worked for my 12 year old daughter last year when she had dandruff and it hasn't returned yet. Maybe it could take more applications for the beard since it won't stay wet like the head wrapped in a plastic bag and towel...worth a try though!

Nomane Euger

Elimination Diet.
High dose Biotin
Omega 3 consumption
Liver Cleanse.
you should pay attention to it,not to the point where this focus become detrimental to you