Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

i think sometimes that even if u fix the immune system the fungus can still be messed up vice versa
Hey Cloud i hopped back on nizoral and this time I let that ***t sit on my face and scalp for 5 min and rubbed that ***t on. And dandruff dropped off by 90%. Good suggestion.

Cloudhands

Hey Cloud i hopped back on nizoral and this time I let that ***t sit on my face and scalp for 5 min and rubbed that ***t on. And dandruff dropped off by 90%. Good suggestion.
glad to hear. Do it another time and i bet itll all go away soon enough. Mine came with a silicone scrubber that has spikes on it that i use to rub it in and i think it exfoliates the skin really well. Then i use squalane moisturizer on my face and it gives me baby soft skin :D

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

glad to hear. Do it another time and i bet itll all go away soon enough. Mine came with a silicone scrubber that has spikes on it that i use to rub it in and i think it exfoliates the skin really well. Then i use squalane moisturizer on my face and it gives me baby soft skin :D
Something i noticed was that had some minor bumps on my forehead and soon I learned these were called subclinical acne. Essentially its not red or inflamed or large but just minor bumpy forehead texture a swath of people on nizoral reviews claim that it was the only thing that cured these bumps and that even retinol couldnt do it. So i am now certain that my body at its current state was overwhelmed by fungi. i used no moisturizer and now my skin is not dry anymore. This is absolutely insane that our issues could entirely be pathogens

Cloudhands

Something i noticed was that had some minor bumps on my forehead and soon I learned these were called subclinical acne. Essentially its not red or inflamed or large but just minor bumpy forehead texture a swath of people on nizoral reviews claim that it was the only thing that cured these bumps and that even retinol couldnt do it. So i am now certain that my body at its current state was overwhelmed by fungi. i used no moisturizer and now my skin is not dry anymore. This is absolutely insane that our issues could entirely be pathogens
yeah man im glad nizoral has helped you its helped me as well

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Hollyshit. 99 percent reduction in dandruff.

two key takeaways.
First nizoral needs to sit on ur scalp for 5 mins rubbed in.

second some of us are so overwhelmed by the fungi that even if we take all the supplements we need to take, to fix our skin barrier and immune system. We still need to aggressively kill the fungus. Just like how we take antibiotics and then we can heal.

thats the working theory. @Cloudhands this is huge. Going to continue to take my supplements low dose A. Vitamin D and zinc but i am so happy havent been dandruff free like this since summer which lasted a month or so

jaype

It used to be really bad on my scalp, a selenium sulfide shampoo cleared it on my head and facial hair. I used head and shoulders in the blue bottle, now I use it once or twice a week for maintenance. After you clear it, it can also be kept away with keratolytic agents as maintenance, such as salicylic acid, urea, or sulfur.

I researched the hell out of this ***t condition since it also affected my face and found this blog extremely informative as to the cause and treatments:

also this reddit post:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SebDerm/comments/aln6ef/im_going_to_try_and_explain_the_cause_of_sd_the/

Cloudhands

ive read that shampoos with SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) impair the skin barrier to the point of damage seen in Seb Derm.

Cloudhands

Nizoral contains SLS. You use it every time you shower?
yes, and i know i was just thinking that. i think that it might damage the barrier a little but it kills enough fungi to make it so that it isnt an issue. im going to eventually replace it with urea and some other things, and use sulfur whenever it gets a little itchy, and if it gets bad again ill use nizoral again. i only shower maybe 2 times a week though so im not worries about the nizoral being damaging, and i only want to use it for a few more weeks before replacing

Summer

yes, and i know i was just thinking that. i think that it might damage the barrier a little but it kills enough fungi to make it so that it isnt an issue. im going to eventually replace it with urea and some other things, and use sulfur whenever it gets a little itchy, and if it gets bad again ill use nizoral again. i only shower maybe 2 times a week though so im not worries about the nizoral being damaging, and i only want to use it for a few more weeks before replacing
Sometimes a little compromise is necessary. I'm trying MCT oil currently. If it doesn't do the trick, I'm going to try Nizoral myself. I wish I could get away with showering only twice a week hahah.

Cloudhands

Sometimes a little compromise is necessary. I'm trying MCT oil currently. If it doesn't do the trick, I'm going to try Nizoral myself. I wish I could get away with showering only twice a week hahah.
im not a smelly fella for some reason. even if i sweat it never has a stench. plus here in michigan if i shower too often in winter my skin will dry out.
whats your profile picture from? i like the frog reading a book haha

OccamzRazer

im not a smelly fella for some reason. even if i sweat it never has a stench. plus here in michigan if i shower too often in winter my skin will dry out.
Very off-topic, but if you eat enough macadamia nuts you might be able to get away with showering once a week, if not less lol

OccamzRazer

Perhaps a little more on-topic, I think that showering as infrequently as possible could be good for dandruff, if only as a short-term solution.

Summer

whats your profile picture from? i like the frog reading a book haha
Lucky! I don't think showering everyday is very practical from many angles and is likely a major contributor to many skin issues we have today. I think even Ray said that using soap everyday messes with the endocrine system. The pfp is from Super Mario RPG ?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

It used to be really bad on my scalp, a selenium sulfide shampoo cleared it on my head and facial hair. I used head and shoulders in the blue bottle, now I use it once or twice a week for maintenance. After you clear it, it can also be kept away with keratolytic agents as maintenance, such as salicylic acid, urea, or sulfur.

I researched the hell out of this ***t condition since it also affected my face and found this blog extremely informative as to the cause and treatments:

also this reddit post:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/SebDerm/comments/aln6ef/im_going_to_try_and_explain_the_cause_of_sd_the/

Keratolytic agents actually like to mask the issue not maintaine or solve. Because they will just exfoliate the issue away. Instead of actually stopping the issue.
Perhaps a little more on-topic, I think that showering as infrequently as possible could be good for dandruff, if only as a short-term solution.
doubt it cause my beard flakes

I noticed it doesnt remove it 100%, I think we need to find a way to repair the skin barrier for this to be more of a permanent solution

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals