Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Another experiment finished. 36 hour water fast. Still have a flaking beard. It may have reduced the flaking honestly not too sure about it. But currently i am ruling out food sensitivities.

I have noticed both taurine and msm orally increased flaking tremendously ! So this is very interesting. Both increase bile but who knows whats really happening causing the increase in flaking

Sphagnum

There are two things that I can say I've tried that have had a lasting effect.

First, as a few others have mentioned, is eliminating certain foods. My main triggers were any type of refined sugar, and any type of starch with amylose (so just about all grains and their byproducts, flakey potatoes, etc)
Right now my carb staples are glutinous white rice, waxy potatoes, and taro. When I use a sweetener, honey or real maple syrup are safe for me.
When I stick to this diet, I don't have issues. I also seem to be tolerating oats that I soak (8-24 hours) in a mild culture (I can explain that further if anyone wants,) but I'm just starting this so I can't say for sure it'll last.

The second thing that worked was topical Sovereign Silver first aid gel. I had read that colloidal silver can destroy the yeasts that cause dandruff. I did some research and was comfortable with their particular company as far as supplying a legit product. Contacting the company itself further, they suggested the gel product as the best they offer for my specific topical needs.
The areas where I was able to consistently apply the gel for a week or so, while also maintaining a diet that wasn't going to feed the issue, cleared things up. Now even when I go off the diet, those areas don't flake anymore, while untreated areas still do.
The drawback with the gel for me is that I have grown out my hair and beard for a few years now, so to get the gel directly to where it needs to go and keep it there takes a bit of time and work. I first did my mustache area as mentioned because its easy access, and its stayed completely clear since treating. I need to do my chin and scalp next, but I haven't gotten to it because its a small bottle and the process to part all the hair takes time. It’s easier to just stick to my diet haha.
I believe you mentioned shaving everything off in your prior treatment attempts, so if you're still going that route, it should be pretty easy for you to get the gel directly on the area.

I wouldn't rule out diet, despite the water fast. I will get into this a little further in a follow up post. Right now I have to run, but I want to add more to help when I'm back.

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

does anyone know if copper even works without zinc? Like zinc is probably needed for copper to work in the body.

I am seriously suspecting that dandruff is a cause of some copper issue that has somehow not been identified by the medical community. If anyone goes and searches copper and dandruff and goats there are tons and tons of threads about copper defeciency causing dandruff in goats. Now i know its goats but they are mammals and its likely we share a similar pathway.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

after going on a binge of supplements and daily experimentations I have officially concluded as I have come to conclude in the past the solution to the dandruff issue centers on zinc retinol and copper in some harmonious balance. I finally have been able to reinstate the same state I was in after dosing months ago one of the number one signs that tells me things are good is my skin becomes dewy. oily but not really oily more like hydrated

Cloudhands

after going on a binge of supplements and daily experimentations I have officially concluded as I have come to conclude in the past the solution to the dandruff issue centers on zinc retinol and copper in some harmonious balance. I finally have been able to reinstate the same state I was in after dosing months ago one of the number one signs that tells me things are good is my skin becomes dewy. oily but not really oily more like hydrated
did u just eat some liver and oysters?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

did u just eat some liver and oysters?
Nope. I first supplemented 50mg of zinc for 5 days. Then i added retinol back. And some copper and bam things let up.

I was eating liver before this happened but its possible i became depleted of zinc. Its like a fine balance between these nutrients. I am now gonna try to figure out what that balance is. This ***t is soooooooo much work but at least i am making headway

Cloudhands

Nope. I first supplemented 50mg of zinc for 5 days. Then i added retinol back. And some copper and bam things let up.

I was eating liver before this happened but its possible i became depleted of zinc. Its like a fine balance between these nutrients. I am now gonna try to figure out what that balance is. This ***t is soooooooo much work but at least i am making headway
its a ton of work, but man does dandruff suck. glad to know that youre doing good and figuring yourself out, im going to copy you and try to balance them as well

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

its a ton of work, but man does dandruff suck. glad to know that youre doing good and figuring yourself out, im going to copy you and try to balance them as well
Trust me it has to be around these things. Goats are getting their dry dandruff cured with minerals. ******* goats

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I just wanna add that I am not experimenting with UV. Apparently vitamin D initiated by UV exposure results in sulfated vitamin D which is water soluble and highly active in the skin. While oral forms of D are not the same.

This is huge and I am blown away how its not talked about enough

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

New info. My sister developed dandruff and my father who is bald has some dandruff as well. There is clearly a genetic link here. What that gene is. Is the question

Cloudhands

mine went away completely when i started using nizoral shampoo every time i shower. i think my conditioner may have had some oils in it that were feeding malassezia

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

mine went away completely when i started using nizoral shampoo every time i shower. i think my conditioner may have had some oils in it that were feeding malassezia
Was ur dandruff dry? Also u have to keep using nizoral so its a bandaid am i right?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

yeah its not anymore tho. the nizoral got rid of it and then i used to squalane as a moisturizer and my complexion is glowing
Okay so basically even if the dandruff is dry. Its a fungal issue which tells me two things. Skin barrier and or immune system is the issue

Cloudhands

Okay so basically even if the dandruff is dry. Its a fungal issue which tells me two things. Skin barrier and or immune system is the issue
i think sometimes that even if u fix the immune system the fungus can still be messed up vice versa

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

i think sometimes that even if u fix the immune system the fungus can still be messed up vice versa
Okay so assuming the immune system fix leads to a repaired barrier then a few time application of nizoral would be a permanent fix.

Sebboreic dermatitis aka dandruff apparently its prevalence increases with age even tho sebum excretion drops off with age.

Both sebboreic dermatitis and androgenic alopecia have a matching finding. High masslezzia fungi

Scarytrout

I used to have terrible dandruff, I also had sores on my outer wrists where the skin was perpetually irratated. Both of these issues magically disappeared when I quit drinking Diet Mt. Dew or anything with NutraSweet. I used to drink at least 4 liters of diet Mt. Dew a day. I read an article about the effect of aspartame on the microbiome, and immediately quit diet Mt. Dew. In a little while, the nasty dandruff ceased and my wrists healed. I dealt with those those things for at least a decade and a half.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals