Losing all hope here. Dandruff fiasco

Quelsatron

giving up = learned helplessness. accepting dandruff will lead to thought patterns where we accept other changable aspects of our life. wether or not he actually reaches his goal is besides the point, its the problem solving journey that he embarks on thats more important. and then if he persists, and i doubt hed do something as dumb as a bleach enema, then his reward may eventually be life without dandruff. keep it moving so to speak.
No, acceptance is not learned helplessness. While it may be theoretically possible to solve every problem, not every problem can be solved. It's theoretically possible to make your schlong bigger, but you probably won't succeed and that's just reality. And maltreatments don't have to be as glaringly stupid as bleach enemas, we have one poster here who gave himself hypervitaminosis A, a supplement which is fairly common around these parts. Acceptance is about redirecting your energy into more fruitful endeavors, maybe he could become a millionaire if he put his mind to that instead of fretting over flakes on his pillow.

Cloudhands

No, acceptance is not learned helplessness. While it may be theoretically possible to solve every problem, not every problem can be solved. It's theoretically possible to make your schlong bigger, but you probably won't succeed and that's just reality. And maltreatments don't have to be as glaringly stupid as bleach enemas, we have one poster here who gave himself hypervitaminosis A, a supplement which is fairly common around these parts. Acceptance is about redirecting your energy into more fruitful endeavors, maybe he could become a millionaire if he put his mind to that instead of fretting over flakes on his pillow.
id disagree. the key is having an ability to tell the difference between problems that can and cannot be solved, and accepting the ones u cannot, and having the strength and inspiration to work toward solving the ones that can. calling severe seborrheic dermatitis "flakes on his pillow" is severely invalidating to the experience. it can be torture when your face and scalp are burning and itching and covered in scabs and you have to fight the urge to tear your skin off every second, not to mention the embarrassment of having severe dandruff. maybe if u have dandruff or a tiny shlong you can merely accept it as is, and i commend you on taking the autonomy to do so, but a common theme on the rpf is problem solving and finding inspiration from people who have solved their problems and improved their lives drastically

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

id disagree. the key is having an ability to tell the difference between problems that can and cannot be solved, and accepting the ones u cannot, and having the strength and inspiration to work toward solving the ones that can. calling severe seborrheic dermatitis "flakes on his pillow" is severely invalidating to the experience. it can be torture when your face and scalp are burning and itching and covered in scabs and you have to fight the urge to tear your skin off every second, not to mention the embarrassment of having severe dandruff. maybe if u have dandruff or a tiny shlong you can merely accept it as is, and i commend you on taking the autonomy to do so, but a common theme on the rpf is problem solving and finding inspiration from people who have solved their problems and improved their lives drastically
Yall just so you know. I don't subscribe to the give up philosphy even tho i get that feeling and want to. But truly i want a solution and since i have solved it once. I wont stop

L

Lord Cola

Yall just so you know. I don't subscribe to the give up philosphy even tho i get that feeling and want to. But truly i want a solution and since i have solved it once. I wont stop
How much fat are you eating?

Quelsatron

Btw i have the same problem and i got some kind of cortisone cream to apply, which certainly solved it quickly but extended use makes you bald, and when I quit it came back instantly. So, for me at least it's probably some kind of local inflammation (probably fed by other processes in the body. But elimination diet is a very good way to go, do you drink coffee?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Btw i have the same problem and i got some kind of cortisone cream to apply, which certainly solved it quickly but extended use makes you bald, and when I quit it came back instantly. So, for me at least it's probably some kind of local inflammation (probably fed by other processes in the body. But elimination diet is a very good way to go, do you drink coffee?
Did the hydrocortisone make u shed?

JohnA

I've also had bad dandruff since about October. The only change I can think of is that I stopped Vit D around then. I may add back ~2,000 IU and see if it helps.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I want to add. My msm experiment has concluded and failed. In fact i have noticed a correlation. Both taurine and msm cause my dandruff to go into overdrive i mean crazy dandruff and i cant help but think its related to copper. For a long time i suspected copper at the center of this issue.

Would be cool if some of u could try these supps and confirm my experience.

I do want to add that menkes disease apparently has sebboreic dermatitis as a common finding

L_C

Hey everybody.

I have tried every single thing under the sun trying to solve my flakey scalp and beard. It does go away no matter what topical.

I have tried head and shoulders. Nizoral. Piroctamine olamine. Topical Iodine. Topical tree tea oil

Internally I have tried.
Thyroid
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin E
Iodine
Selenium
High dose b complex.
P5P
Vitamin D
Vitamin A. ( the acetate form worked for two weeks and bam it all came back in fact the acetate doesnt do much to my skin like it used to)

How the hell is this possible.

I even tried sugar loading. 4 tablespoons of sugar in a day. Nothing

Beef liver stopped working and made my cholesterol higher.

Oysters consumption no go

Under eating a possibility? Like what i have to eat everyday alot or it will come back. Highly doubt this one. But I will try to be consistent
Or do i need omegas?

I mean there aren't any other options right?

This dandruff is like small specked white dust. Its Literally consuming my mind and hair that short period where vitamin A acetate solved the issue hair stopped falling too. Now retinol acetate just gives me headaches. Fml
In my case, dandruff is related to inflamed gut, endotoxins etc. Especially fermented foods is a big no, no for me. I also stopped eating dairy.

I strongly believe dandruff is gut related. Since I started elimination diet, I have no longer itchy scalp and hair loss. I still have some flakes but it's very slowly going away. To heal the gut is a long process.

Aspirin helps greatly with inflammation. I also started using Neutrogena TSAL shampoo since it contains salycilic acid and it does help.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

In my case, dandruff is related to inflamed gut, endotoxins etc. Especially fermented foods is a big no, no for me. I also stopped eating dairy.

I strongly believe dandruff is gut related. Since I started elimination diet, I have no longer itchy scalp and hair loss. I still have some flakes but it's very slowly going away. To heal the gut is a long process.

Aspirin helps greatly with inflammation. I also started using Neutrogena TSAL shampoo since it contains salycilic acid and it does help.
Was ur dandruff oily?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I want to add something interesting this dandruff is on scalp. Beard but I wanted to see if other areas had it. Behold i have pubic dandruff as well now where near as bad scalp and beard but its there after i tested. Wtf is this ***t

davvid_1

i think exactly the same man

I do want to add that menkes disease apparently has sebboreic dermatitis as a common finding

have also looked into this as the hair shedding i had was kinked, discoloured, and abnormal in width along the hair shaft. my ceruloplasmin also came in as low. wondered if i had some kind of very mild menkes.

when i wash my hair, its very dry after and flakey with quite bad dandruff, but i dont shed much at all. after 2 days when oil builds up, the dandruff stops but my hair sheds much more, why do you think this is?

Gustav3Y

Have you tried selenium sulfide, like Selsun Blue?
Can help if one has severe dermatitis (which can cause bleeding), not sure if it works for getting rid of dandruff.
in my case a couple of Piroctamine olamine shampoos made it worse, maybe it was not the active substance that was bad, maybe was entire composition of the shampoos.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Have you tried selenium sulfide, like Selsun Blue?
Can help if one has severe dermatitis (which can cause bleeding), not sure if it works for getting rid of dandruff.
in my case a couple of Piroctamine olamine shampoos made it worse, maybe it was not the active substance that was bad, maybe was entire composition of the shampoos.
I have tried everything that didnt work.

Today i am noticing my diet def has a role to play. Like today all i ate was lots and lots of beef ribs and my dandruff calmed down big time. Vs processed foods and turkey bacon all day yesterday.