Losing a lot of hair from high stress period of my life.. help!

helpmyhair

I'm going through a major life problem right now (breakup) and it has been affecting me really bad. I already have bad anxiety/depression and this has thrown things into overdrive. As a result, I am shedding hair like crazy and its looking worse by the day.

I know that if I can lower my stress/anxiety/depression, the hair loss will settle down. However I've already tried all the natural ways like therapy, meditation, exercise, etc. But its not helping.

I think I need to go the supplement route and find a way to really calm my body down, because I can feel my body is all out of way from the extreme amounts of stress its under. I'm already taking Magnesium which helps, but only a little. What would you guys suggest I take?

aniciete

Eliminate stressful situations, go outside and eat nourishing food. Supplements aren’t going to help your hair.

TheCalciumCad

Have you considered actually feeling your emotions vs trying to negate them? The trapped energy that wants to be acknowledged isn't going anywhere no matter what supplements you take. The hair will come back once you've settled down again.

Jayvee

What is the diet like first of all? Bumping up carbs and going to the gym (or whatever exercise you enjoy) might be a good step. Walking is a good starting point if depression is too bad and you struggle with motivation.

As for hair loss, in my experience (still on going experiments) a scalp massager tool (loads of these off amazon) with caffeine, taurine and essential oil based hair products (homemade shampoos and styling wax) are good.

And for an extra stress killer reflexology is well worth a go, it might give you some temporary 'inner peace' and give you time to evaluate. (Neuroscientifally relaxation helps you to think logically rather than emotionally).