Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

bennyha

@Rinse & rePeat
@Jennifer

Do you gals happen to know your blood type by any chance?

From anecdotal experience I’ve noticed the people who thrive most on milk and dairy are NOT O+ or O- blood types and was wondering if this was true in your case or not as well

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat
@Jennifer

From anecdotal experience I’ve noticed the people who thrive most on milk and dairy are NOT O+ or O- blood types and was wondering if this was true in your case or not as well
I am blood type "0". I went on the Blood Type Diet for several years, ditching the dairy and upping the meat. I felt like it helped cure some things, but then my teeth really started suffering. I didn't do well with milk until the last few months, not for any other reason, but it was bloating. I wrote this thread on it!

Dutchie

@Rinse & rePeat
@Jennifer

I'm a type O (I don't know if + or -)

Never looked into the bloodtype diet before starting healthfood,but I noticed that many of the beneficial foods make me feel good and the avoid foods are indeed problematic for me.
Sadly,eating a Peat inspired diet didn't work for me.

Jennifer

@Rinse & rePeat
@Jennifer

Sorry, I don’t know my blood type. I didn’t always thrive on milk, though. For a decade after becoming ill, dairy was my least tolerated food and I developed a full-blown allergy to it—I’d get hives, a rash and anaphylaxis within minutes of consuming any.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm a type O (I don't know if + or -)

Never looked into the bloodtype diet before starting healthfood,but I noticed that many of the beneficial foods make me feel good and the avoid foods are indeed problematic for me.
Sadly,eating a Peat inspired diet didn't work for me.
I saw results quick on the Blood Type Diet, where pain was concerned, and never had bloating on it. I stayed high fat onbit and still lost 10 pounds in a year not trying. The downside was I was heavy on oats, beans and brown rice and my teeth got transparent and very sensitive. Of course knowing what I know now, I am mortified at all of PUFA's I was consuming. The first thing that I noticed going the Ray Peat way was that all of my big ugly liver spots disappeared withing the first year. I pretty much adher to the Blood Diet "Avoid" list, but I ditched the grains, vegetables and olive oil and added in coffee, milk, coconut oil, oranges and sugar.

Dutchie

I saw results quick on the Blood Type Diet, where pain was concerned, and never had bloating on it. I stayed high fat onbit and still lost 10 pounds in a year not trying. The downside was I was heavy on oats, beans and brown rice and my teeth got transparent and very sensitive. Of course knowing what I know now, I am mortified at all of PUFA's I was consuming. The first thing that I noticed going the Ray Peat way was that all of my big ugly liver spots disappeared withing the first year. I pretty much adher to the Blood Diet "Avoid" list, but I ditched the grains, vegetables and olive oil and added in coffee, milk, coconut oil, oranges and sugar.
Aren't legumes and all grains on the avoid list for O's?
When you mention the teeth turning translucent,it made me think of my father. He was a baker and it's notorious that most bakers suffer from bad teeth bc of all the wheat. (I assume bc of high phosporus,but I'm not sure)
You saying you were heavy on oats/beans and brown rice makes me think of that....high phosphorus food.

LOL....for me it was the other way around, my spots started popping up like crazy on the Peat diet. At the time they were really big ones,over the years since quitting the diet the ones that appear have become much smaller....but by now I've resigned ,most days, to my 'new normal' of looking like a Dalmatian.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
When you mention the teeth turning translucent,it made me think of my father. He was a baker and it's notorious that most bakers suffer from bad teeth bc of all the wheat. (I assume bc of high phosporus,but I'm not sure)
You saying you were heavy on oats/beans and brown rice makes me think of that....high phosphorus food.

LOL....for me it was the other way around, my spots started popping up like crazy on the Peat diet. At the time they were really big ones,over the years since quitting the diet the ones that appear have become much smaller....but by now I've resigned ,most days, to my 'new normal' of looking like a Dalmatian.
Ha! The phosphorus is aging to the skin, but it is the anti-nutrients that cause the teeth and bone loss. They take out minerals from the body when you eat them, rather than give. Calcium minimizes damage. The blood type diet says "0" blood type says black beans, black eyed peas, adzuki beans, brown rice and oats are allowed.

Dutchie

Ha! The phosphorus is aging to the skin, but it is the anti-nutrients that cause the teeth and bone loss. They take out minerals from the body when you eat them, rather than give. Calcium minimizes damage. The blood type diet says "0" blood type says black beans, black eyed peas, adzuki beans, brown rice and oats are allowed.
Ah ok....I didn't pay attention to those food groups anyway. I don't follow the diet.... I did see coconut is supposed to be avoided by O.
I find it vague that they give no reason as to why certain foods are beneficial or to be avoided anyway. I did read somewhere that d'Adamo recommends type O's to permanently supplement calcium daily bc dairy is supposed to be avoided.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ah ok....I didn't pay attention to those food groups anyway. I don't follow the diet.... I did see coconut is supposed to be avoided by O.
I find it vague that they give no reason as to why certain foods are beneficial or to be avoided anyway. I did read somewhere that d'Adamo recommends type O's to permanently supplement calcium daily bc dairy is supposed to be avoided.
He is vague as to the "whys" on his website, but his book is pretty thick and he explains them there. The diet really does have a lot of benefits. Mozzarella and goat cheeses are on the allowed foods. I just didn't know how destructive the grains were, or I would have eaten a lot more of those cheeses.

bennyha

I am blood type "0". I went on the Blood Type Diet for several years, ditching the dairy and upping the meat. I felt like it helped cure some things, but then my teeth really started suffering. I didn't do well with milk until the last few months, not for any other reason, but it was bloating. I wrote this thread on it!

Awesome thank you for your reply! I’m also type O and was just curious if you were or not. Interestingly enough I don’t tolerate almost all foods on the AVOID list for type O’s excerpt raw milk. I don’t really follow it but was just amazed when I came across it a few years ago and noticed 90% on the foods to avoid list for O blood were the ones that gave me the worst skin issue

Dutchie

He is vague as to the "whys" on his website, but his book is pretty thick and he explains them there. The diet really does have a lot of benefits. Mozzarella and goat cheeses are on the allowed foods. I just didn't know how destructive the grains were, or I would have eaten a lot more of those cheeses.
I thought the cheeses were to be treated as more of an occasional thing. Especially when one wanted to lose weight.

@bennyha same here....grains,legumes, (cow) dairy also are no good for me. Well...it doesn't take a lot for food to be no good for me though.

akgrrrl

This is the same for me. Since Peating the lipofuscin has gone wild on me. I am having some success with fading them a bit with Idealabs Melanon. Otherwise, I am wondering wth

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Awesome thank you for your reply! I’m also type O and was just curious if you were or not. Interestingly enough I don’t tolerate almost all foods on the AVOID list for type O’s excerpt raw milk. I don’t really follow it but was just amazed when I came across it a few years ago and noticed 90% on the foods to avoid list for O blood were the ones that gave me the worst skin issue
Yeah funny I didn't tolerate milk well till raw too! Are you still doing the Blood Type Diet?

bennyha

Yeah funny I didn't tolerate milk well till raw too! Are you still doing the Blood Type Diet?
Well I just eat a very simple diet because 90% of foods break me out. It’s odd. Something with my nervous system as I’ve taken every test known to man with no signs of any of the usual suspects that cause acne. I mainly eat red meat, raw milk, and then fill in with raw honey, a few fruits, and a little rice sometimes (I’m underweight for my height). My body absolutely craves the raw milk.

do you eat eggs at all?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Well I just eat a very simple diet because 90% of foods break me out. It’s odd. Something with my nervous system as I’ve taken every test known to man with no signs of any of the usual suspects that cause acne. I mainly eat red meat, raw milk, and then fill in with raw honey, a few fruits, and a little rice sometimes (I’m underweight for my height). My body absolutely craves the raw milk.

do you eat eggs at all?
I don't know if you have heard me talk about the cystic acne that runs through my family on my mom's side of family on her dad's side, but we have a hair breakage thing too in the back middle of our heads. I took this particular hair skin and nail vitamin for the breakage breakage problem AND, coincidentally, got rid of my adult acne too. Neither problem has come back since ditching them 5 five years ago when i went the Ray Peat route. I know suppliments are not "Peat" approved, but it might be something to try. I never took the full 2 vitamin dose, only a half dose.

Attachments

• 20210807_212129.jpg
    20210807_212129.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210807_212107.jpg
    20210807_212107.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 38

Dutchie

This is the same for me. Since Peating the lipofuscin has gone wild on me. I am having some success with fading them a bit with Idealabs Melanon. Otherwise, I am wondering wth
Yeah,I don't get either why this started happening and the ones that started (back,chest and legs) are quite big as well.

Melanon?...is that a melanin supplementen..I'm confused wouldn't it cause more or darker spots?
I can't get Idealabs supplements, but from reading your comment it's not that helpful anyway.

akgrrrl

Yeah,I don't get either why this started happening and the ones that started (back,chest and legs) are quite big as well.

Melanon?...is that a melanin supplementen..I'm confused wouldn't it cause more or darker spots?
I can't get Idealabs supplements, but from reading your comment it's not that helpful anyway.
No its a great product. I have seen moles dissolve, skin tag gone in 2 days that I wasnt brave enuf to use fingernail clippers on, two spots of weird flakey circles gone. Its a solution you apply by the drop. If I were more diligent with my spots I could prob be more effective.

Dutchie

No its a great product. I have seen moles dissolve, skin tag gone in 2 days that I wasnt brave enuf to use fingernail clippers on, two spots of weird flakey circles gone. Its a solution you apply by the drop. If I were more diligent with my spots I could prob be more effective.
Oh ok.....well, it's not an option for me anyway.

Korven

I am curious, did you guys take any aspirin when the lipofuscin appeared?

When I started experimenting with Peaty stuff in the summer of 2019 I took a lot of aspirin to prevent sunburn. During that time I developed lots of new yellow/brown'ish spots on my arms. There was another user here who reported the same thing happening from taking aspirin. Since I stopped taking it I haven't gotten any new ones and the old ones are fading away.

My theory is that aspirin chelates the iron in your body, and when this aspirin-iron chelate is exposed to UV radiation you get more lipid peroxidation. Maybe this is only a problem with excess iron levels.

There's also a connection between skin tags and insulin resistance. Some people don't do so well on OJ/milk protocol so that may be another factor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals