Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Because milk (and even meat and seafood) contains plenty of vitamin C? It doesn’t show up on nutrition databases like cronometer because it’s in its oxidized state—dehydroascorbic acid.
Oh wow I did not know that! Since cooking meat and milk kills vitamin C, do you think that is why the raw milk fast works, where a pasteurized milk fast would have that vitamin C deficit?

Jennifer

Oh wow I did not know that! Since cooking meat and milk kills vitamin C, do you think that is why the raw milk fast works, where a pasteurized milk fast would have that vitamin C deficit?

Ray has said in a few interviews I’ve listened to that pasteurization doesn’t destroy much of the nutrients in milk so I’m not sure if it makes a difference if the milk is raw or not when doing a milk fast. Probably more important is choosing a milk one tolerates best?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray has said in a few interviews I’ve listened to that pasteurization doesn’t destroy much of the nutrients in milk so I’m not sure if it makes a difference if the milk is raw or not when doing a milk fast. Probably more important is choosing a milk one tolerates best?
Gotcha! Thanks ?

Jennifer

In my 20's I was seriously underweight and people would accuse me of being anorexic or bulimic, now that really upset me.

Same here. I even had friends show up at my house one day and actually try to drag me off to the hospital because they believed I was “killing myself.”

Gotcha! Thanks ?

You’re welcome. :) I made your strawberry milkshake recipe yesterday. It was soo good! I’m going to try making Forsythia’s banana smoothie today using American pawpaw since it has a hint of banana flavor and a similar creamy texture.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Same here. I even had friends show up at my house one day and actually try to drag me off to the hospital because they believed I was “killing myself.”

You’re welcome. :) I made your strawberry milkshake recipe yesterday. It was soo good! I’m going to try making Forsythia’s banana smoothie today using American pawpaw since it has a hint of banana flavor and a similar creamy texture.
Thay is awful Jennifer! How did you avoid getting drug off? I was so terribly thin, at 106 pounds at 5'4, that a size zero was too big on me! I had to shop in the children's department. I definetly looked way older for my age back then, with my collar, rib and cheek bones jetting out.!

I am so glad you liked the milkshake :)

Jennifer

Thay is awful Jennifer! How did you avoid getting drug off? I was so terribly thin, at 106 pounds at 5'4, that a size zero was too big on me! I had to shop in the children's department. I definetly looked way older for my age back then, with my collar, rib and cheek bones jetting out.!

I am so glad you liked the milkshake :)

I just kept pulling away and refused to go with them. I was sick at the time and underweight so I understood their concern, but they never bothered to talk with me prior to the confrontation and instead, contacted my family and even showed up at my cousin’s workplace. I’m used to being treated like a child given my nature and what I look like, but by friends? Not cool. It still amazes me how people can be roughly the same weight and their bodies look so totally different. I’m technically the same height as you and at 99 lb and a size 0 in juniors, my bones don’t jut out and I look young for my age. Maybe I carry more fat on me or we have different bone structures?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I just kept pulling away and refused to go with them. I was sick at the time and underweight so I understood their concern, but they never bothered to talk with me prior to the confrontation and instead, contacted my family and even showed up at my cousin’s workplace. I’m used to being treated like a child given my nature and what I look like, but by friends? Not cool. It still amazes me how people can be roughly the same weight and their bodies look so totally different. I’m technically the same height as you and at 99 lb and a size 0 in juniors, my bones don’t jut out and I look young for my age. Maybe I carry more fat on me or we have different bone structures?
Well 99 pounds with muscles looks better than 99 pounds skinny fat, which I was at 20 years old. You probably have muscle from a lot of milk and "Peating", back then i was heavy grains with some milk and no meat or seafood.

Jennifer

Well 99 pounds with muscles looks better than 99 pounds skinny fat, which I was at 20 years old. You probably have muscle from a lot of milk and "Peating", back then i was heavy grains with some milk and no meat or seafood.

True. I definitely have muscle on me now with all the milk I consume but even as a 99 lb fruitarian with muscle atrophy, my bones weren’t jutting out. I guess it just comes down to differences in our frames then.

OccamzRazer

In the colder months I will eat oxtails, some short ribs or a potion of meatloaf, like beef once or twice a week, but in the warm months maybe two to three times a month.
Oh ok so pretty rarely then! Oxtail is delicious but the cravings for it do go away when it's hot out. I may give this a try.

Is your diet...really expensive? If I replace beef with seafood I might be spending over $200/week.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
If
Oh ok so pretty rarely then! Oxtail is delicious but the cravings for it do go away when it's hot out. I may give this a try.

Is your diet...really expensive? If I replace beef with seafood I might be spending over $200/week.
I don't eat seafood and meat in big portions. So when I have beef, I portion it into something like an omelet, stuff peppers or to top my pork rind nachos with it. So I am eating 3 to 4 ounces in a meal. The same with shrimp and scallops. I eat braunschwaeger for my liver an corn and soy free chicken wings every couple of weeks too. So 4 days a week I am really just eating one meal a day that is high protein, like 40 to 60 grams of protein, and the rest of the day is a big Orange Julius smoothie, nonfat milk with a boiled egg yolks, lattes with milk, watermelon and such. On the three day weekends i venture out from my 4 day "routine" more. If you haven't seen it yet, you can see what I am making on my Peaty Proteins thread. I have a couple dozen high protein recipes onnit with a few more waiting to go up when I can get to it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
True. I definitely have muscle on me now with all the milk I consume but even as a 99 lb fruitarian with muscle atrophy, my bones weren’t jutting out. I guess it just comes down to differences in our frames then.
It sounds like it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Jennifer or Vileplume do you know if refined coconut oil is suppose to have ANY PUFA in it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-170322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-170322_Samsung Internet.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 14

Jennifer

Jennifer or Vileplume do you know if refined coconut oil is suppose to have ANY PUFA in it?

Yes, it is. Here are a few sources that give a breakdown of its fatty acid composition:

“Coconut oil is composed of the fatty acids, caprylic acid C -8:0 (8%), capric acid, C-10:0,(7%), lauric acid C-12:0, (49%), myristic acid C-14:0(8%), palmitic acid C-16:0 (8%), stearic acid C-18:0 (2%), oleic acid C-18:1 (6%) and 2% of C-18:2 linoleic acid.”

For a complete breakdown:

See page four:

Jennifer

@Rinse & rePeat, I’ve been meaning to ask you, did your cravings for carbs, or any macro, change as your health improved or have you come across anything from Ray on the subject?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat, I’ve been meaning to ask you, did your cravings for carbs, or any macro, change as your health improved or have you come across anything from Ray on the subject?

I don't have any starch cravings whatsoever, and my appetite for meat has dwindled as well but that usually happens in hot weather. The only thing I recall RP talking about with cravings is that they are usually estrogen driven and he used premenstrual and pregnant women as an example. The less I eat starchy carbs the less I crave them. I really don't have any cravings nowadays, which makes it hard to want to cook, nothing ever sounds good, just milk.

akgrrrl

I agree with you and Rinse both about full fat milk being the meal. Since I can only tolerate goat milk, and I can only find additive-free milk in the raw and whole form, I only drink whole. Skim would be nice, because I’m drinking so much milk. It’s basically become my only protein source, with some eggs and liver making guest appearances. Do you worry about weight gain from the whole milk?

I bring a water bottle full with half a gallon of milk to work each day, and my colleagues give me a hard time about it too, but it makes me feel proud because I know it’s good for me :woo
A spoon of maple syrup,milk, lotsa ice in a container with a lid. Shaken, the milk gets thicker, the ice melt adds water, its sweet and yummy! (I have a fave mason jar with handle and plastic lid)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals