Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"If you do not eat enough of the necessary nutrients your body will convert your muscles to sugar to keep feeding the brain what it needs and if you are eating enough sugar or things that will turn into sugar your body doesn’t have to break down its own tissues to make the necessary glucose for your blood cells and brains.” – Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
These women are seriously obese!

Attachments

• 20210618_145017.jpg
    20210618_145017.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210618_144704.jpg
    20210618_144704.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 173
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Animal proteins, and fruits, because they contain the lowest levels of toxins, should form the basis of the diet."-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Problem for me is that sugar pretty much destroys my appetite for protein
I know what you mean Fire, cause it is the opposite me. If I have protein first thing in the morning it ruins my appetite for fruit! I have trouble with that carrot salad for same reason. I love it, but it doesn't sound good first thing in the morning and certainly not after dairy ?

firebreather

I know what you mean Fire, cause it is the opposite me. If I have protein first thing in the morning it ruins my appetite for fruit! I have trouble with that carrot salad for same reason. I love it, but it doesn't sound good first thing in the morning and certainly not after dairy ?

Wow that's interesting

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What were your macros? And how long did it take to lose the volume?
I have it written somewhere that I started it around October 19 and was back in my outfit around the first week of December. I wasn't a Ray Peat member so I wasn't tracking anything and I still don't, except for protein and calcium. I am working on another post where I can be more specific on a days menus.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What were your macros? And how long did it take to lose the volume?
Let me expound a little more, accelerator, on my last comment. I don't think tracking "macros" are an efficient way to for me to lose fat. I am sure it may be a good thing for athletes, but I think focusing too much on them is not sustainable for long term/life long success. I can't tell you how many times I have achieved my weight goals, and think I am home free, and a few months later real life kicks in and it all gets undone again. Unless you plan on living your that way every single day it is pointless to micro manage your food. I feel some days I need more protein and others I don't. It isn't about the grams of food for me, but more about the kinds of foods. I like grains and other starches, but because I don't want those splurges creeping up and surprising me anymore, I just don't make them a part of my day or even week. The post of daily menus I am working on is not a one size fits all with macros. Some may need to double the recipes and some may need to take out the cheese and replace it with some milk, and so forth. For me I had to just take the Ray Peat principles for face value and quit overthinking them and get on with life!

David90

@Rinse & rePeat

Looking VERY Good in the Pictures (and this comes from a Younger guy....lol).
Even the Bikini/Underwear Picture is very Impressive. I can't remember seeing a Hourglass Figure like this in a long Time. Most Women / Girls over here are in the Two Extremes. Rather TOO thin or TOO Obese. Rarely seen one over here with such a figure.

Also, you're Right on the Starches. Without it, you will certainly save a LOT of Calories. Since Lowering them, i noticed also, that i hold on to my Weight much better (also less bloating and Water Rentention). Also Abs are showing most of the Time without much Flexing, which is certainly a plus (especially during summer....lol)

I will certain Look in the Daily Menus next Time. I'm always open for new Recipes.

David90

Hmmm...I did notice pretty quick my face structure changing. I actually didn't like it at first. I just did not look like myself. I was already coming into it being Paleo and grain free already so half the battle was done starting Ray Peat. I disliked fruit and sugar so that was tough adding in. I still am not a sugar fan. I pretty much had to dumped the nuts, salad and other vegetables and add in more calcium. I think if I had been coming into it from a modern western diet I probably would have had more problems like a lot of people do at first. I will say that because I wasn't as versed in the "Peat" science I misinterpreted a lot of things wrong and put weight on at first with the added sugar and "safer" starches. I know better now.
Could be Less Stress Hormones and better Metabolism & Androgens that caused that Structural Change (?).
Like i mentoined in a post in the Past, since Peating i noticed also a more Chiseled Face in Photos (in certain angles) than before.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat

Even the Bikini/Underwear Picture is very Impressive. I can't remember seeing a Hourglass Figure like this in a long Time. Most Women / Girls over here are in the Two Extremes. Rather TOO thin or TOO Obese. Rarely seen one over here with such a figure.

Also, you're Right on the Starches. Without it, you will certainly save a LOT of Calories. Since Lowering them, i noticed also, that i hold on to my Weight much better (also less bloating and Water Rentention). Also Abs are showing most of the Time without much Flexing, which is certainly a plus (especially during summer....lol)

I will certain Look in the Daily Menus next Time. I'm always open for new Recipes.
You really know how to charm a girl Dave! I hate being the starch stomper, but people don't realize how much of their struggles could be remedied ridding themselves of them. My girlfriend, who seeing my success eliminating starches, decided to give it a try. The first three days she was amazed that she was losing a full pound each day. By 4th day she gave up because she said the cravings for them was too intense and it was making her feel angry. People don't realize how very much it affects the opiod brain! I mean look how angry they get just in this thread! People that have lived on them for so long really need to back off of them slowly. I wish my girlfriend hadn't given up so soon, and so her weight struggles continue, all for a few moments of pleasure! Thanks for making me smile really big ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat

FTI I am not the girl in the bikini or weight lifter photos. Mine photo is at the beginning of the thread :)

David90

You really know how to charm a girl Dave! I hate being the starch stomper, but people don't realize how much of their struggles could be remedied ridding themselves of them. My girlfriend, who seeing my success eliminating starches, decided to give it a try. The first three days she was amazed that she was losing a full pound each day. By 4th day she gave up because she said the cravings for them was too intense and it was making her feel angry. People don't realize how very much it affects the opiod brain! I mean look how angry they get just in this thread! People that have lived on them for so long really need to back off of them slowly. I wish my girlfriend hadn't given up so soon, and so her weight struggles continue, all for a few moments of pleasure! Thanks for making me smile really big ?
Yeah, i can be Charming at Times. Rarely had Problems with Girls/Women at the Clubs....hehe :D

I also wished she would not have given up so soon. She would have done better to reduce it slowly (little by little) before going to Zero-Starch. This way, it would be more sustainable for her, i think.

FTI I am not the girl in the bikini or weight lifter photos. Mine photo is at the beginning of the thread :)

Oh, sorry. I Thought you were also that Women in the Underwear / Bikini Pictures (i mean the One on the First Side of this Thread, with the Three Comparisons).

Still, the Results are Impressive, regardless. Most Women your Age, doesn't even look like this. Credit where Credit's due.

Mostly in our Country (and State) it's like i've said before, rather too thin or too obese. I have yet to seen one with such a Hourglass Figure like in the Comparision Photo on the Right. The Closest one's that i Remember we're two Women i have hooked up with in the Past (One was a Younger One, 25-30ish and the other was a Older Women, 40ish Years old). Both had Figures like between the Left and Middle One (rather more like the middle one, if i remember correctly). But they both we're Highly Active and are doing some sort of Exercise/Weightlifting or Active Lifestyle (Walking, Tennis, Hiking and so forth) on a Daily / Weekly Basis, so someone has to take that into account. But this does reassure, that being some sort of Active, can't certainly hurt. As long as they are not overdoing it and doing it right.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yeah, i can be Charming at Times. Rarely had Problems with Girls/Women at the Clubs....hehe :D

I also wished she would not have given up so soon. She would have done better to reduce it slowly (little by little) before going to Zero-Starch. This way, it would be more sustainable for her, i think.

Oh, sorry. I Thought you were also that Women in the Underwear / Bikini Pictures (i mean the One on the First Side of this Thread, with the Three Comparisons).

Still, the Results are Impressive, regardless. Most Women your Age, doesn't even look like this. Credit where Credit's due.

Mostly in our Country (and State) it's like i've said before, rather too thin or too obese. I have yet to seen one with such a Hourglass Figure like in the Comparision Photo on the Right. The Closest one's that i Remember we're two Women i have hooked up with in the Past (One was a Younger One, 25-30ish and the other was a Older Women, 40ish Years old). Both had Figures like between the Left and Middle One (rather more like the middle one, if i remember correctly). But they both we're Highly Active and are doing some sort of Exercise/Weightlifting or Active Lifestyle (Walking, Tennis, Hiking and so forth) on a Daily / Weekly Basis, so someone has to take that into account. But this does reassure, that being some sort of Active, can't certainly hurt. As long as they are not overdoing it and doing it right.
Too skinny, like the right pic, just wouldn't look good on me at 57. I need to keep my face filled in. I see you are in Germany! My dad's side of the family are German, Steinert & Reinhardt ?

Vileplume

Hey Rinse, if you had to pick between a high fat, zero starch diet, or a moderate starch, low fat diet, which do you think would work better for weight loss and overall vitality? I assume you would pick the zero starch diet?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hey Rinse, if you had to pick between a high fat, zero starch diet, or a moderate starch, low fat diet, which do you think would work better for weight loss and overall vitality? I assume you would pick the zero starch diet?
Oh gosh that is a tough one Vileplume! I am afraid a high fat diet would put weight on. On the other hand I wouldn't want to the problems that grains brought on either, gray hair, sensitive teeth, saggy skin and inflammation and such. I have gone lowfat with some white sweet potatoes, but in things like stews, minus sugars, except for berries, aka Blood Type Diet. Potato mono fasts took weight off me quick and I felt energized during it too. At my age the anti-aging purpose is too important to go back to what I have already done. When i think about the rat study where they "drank Coke freely", they didn't lose weigh eating all that extra sugar, they stayed the same as the other group. So the fat loss would have to come from lowering starch and/or fat. If I had to choose high fat or zero starch I would pick the high fat and just eat less, the grains are just too aging.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I made some masa tacos with young Jackfruit day before yesterday, experimenting for my thread on Jackfruit, and where I normally have visible muscle tone in my stomach, the next day it was gone! That was eating just one and a half tacos made with masa and fried in coconut oil, with no meat them. Grains are very inflaming. I appreciate the ways to minimize their toxicity and damage, by sprouting or buying heirloom, but I look so much better, and quickly, by removing them and replacing with fruits. The combo of the two creates a stalemate for fat loss in the upper years.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here sums up that question you asked me yesterday Vileplume.

Attachments

• 20210626_192815.jpg
    20210626_192815.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 107

Vileplume

Here sums up that question you asked me yesterday Vileplume.

Nice, Rinse. Based on this, it would seem that fat and sugar, with no starch, would still be more effective than a high starch diet for mineral balance and blood sugar

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals