Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

mmb82

Without the starches you can eat SO MUCH more! That is a really good thing for getting in lots more nutrition, like calcium and protein without getting fat. I eat more than anybody at any table. The more muscle you have the quicker you burn fat so if you have young metabolism that can be a full job keeping weight on without starches. You totally get it Roni123@!

Just curious if you also avoided high-starch fruit (bananas, plums, raisins, figs, etc.) or if you did not worry about the amounts in those fruits, assuming you ate them.

Dutchie

I took PUFA's out five years ago Roni123@. It got rid of all my age spots within a couple of years, but it didn't do anything for weight loss. My experiment was three years into "Peating". I eliminated ALL starches, and was about 100 to 120 grams of protein on the average a day, and sometimes 150 grams, mostly from shellfish, eggs and some grass fed beef. The rest was fruit and sugar. I didn't introduce honey until recently. I was pretty low on calcium too, with only mozzarella and homemade ice cream made without cream. I wasn't drinking milk back then. Coffee, iced coffe and Mexican Coke were part of it too.

Interesting.....did you supplement pufas at the time and if so which ones?

Ever since trying Peat diet years ago, I've been covered in age spots and these bigger ugly round brown spots on my back and chest.
I feel that I look like a Dalmation.:/
The dermatologists that I've visited only said that they didn't look cancerous and left it at that....I have no idea what caused this (along with some other issues that I've gained).

I eat salmon daily,but it's not making my spots disappear.

Roni123@

Ever since trying Peat diet years ago, I've been covered in age spots and these bigger ugly round brown spots on my back and chest.
The dermatologists that I've visited only said that they didn't look cancerous and left it at that....I have no idea what caused this (along with some other issues that I've gained).

just aspirin and some k1, I think the big jump was consuming cow liver (100-200 grams per week) enough sucrose (white refined sugar) and 500-700 ml of espresso coffe

besides these things I would like to consume vitamin E in addition to keeping PUFAS low I would try to increase my calcium intake (egg shells work very well)

Dutchie

just aspirin and some k1, I think the big jump was consuming cow liver (100-200 grams per week) enough sucrose (white refined sugar) and 500-700 ml of espresso coffe

besides these things I would like to consume vitamin E in addition to keeping PUFAS low I would try to increase my calcium intake (egg shells work very well)
Huh?....I thought Rinse&Repeat wrote that comment about the pufas&age spots.

Going by your comment,I guess I should learn to fully embrace my spots bc I can't do a Peat diet.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just curious if you also avoided high-starch fruit (bananas, plums, raisins, figs, etc.) or if you did not worry about the amounts in those fruits, assuming you ate them.
I didn't and still dont eat any of those fruits you mentioned. I ate berries and pineapple mostly. From your list I would have chosen to eat plums if they were really sweet.

Dutchie

Nope....tried it years ago and only managed to worsen my health.
....and I even consulted a Peat inspired practitioner at the time.

Even if I wanted to try again, there's hardly anything left for me to eat.

Roni123@

try to follow ray peat without starch and make sure you get all the micronutrients, eat the carrot salad twice a day, and some antibiotics and high doses of aspirin with vitamin k1, i think i should test

DMAE & l-carnitine are supposed to be good at removing lipofuscin (age spots). You can also google supplements/nutrients that remove lipofuscin. YMMV. Good luck!

from ANTI-AGING FIREWALLS - THE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF LONGEVITY
(site by a 91 yr-old Harvard phd & longevity researcher, which I discovered doing my research)

Supplements for the neurological degeneration firewall
I have already mentioned the capability of acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid to penetrate into the mitochondria and prevent oxidative damage. This is particularly important in nervous system cells which regenerate very slowly. Pumping out lipofuscin from nervous system cells using acetyl-l-carnitine and meclofenoxate is also important for the same reason. Acetyl-l-carnitine also appears to have an ability to protect and increase receptors in the brain that normally decline with age. Besides removing lipofuscin, meclofenoxate produces DMAE when metabolized in the body, a natural substance found especially in fish and also produced in the human brain. DMAE, is a precursor to acetylcholine, an essential neurotransmitter. DMAE offers other benefits as well; for example it alters muscle contraction and is useful for increasing flaccidity and reducing wrinkles and in the facial region. I take another smart drug called piracetam which has an effect on brain energy metabolism and supports cognitive functioning. I also take meclofenoxate to improve my memory and cognitive capabilities. Also the hormones I am taking, pregnenalone, DHEA and melatonin, serve to enhance my mental functioning and my ability to be awake and sleep in regular cycles.

golder

DMAE & l-carnitine are supposed to be good at removing lipofuscin (age spots). You can also google supplements/nutrients that remove lipofuscin. YMMV. Good luck!

(site by a 91 yr-old Harvard phd & longevity researcher, which I discovered doing my research)

I have already mentioned the capability of acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid to penetrate into the mitochondria and prevent oxidative damage. This is particularly important in nervous system cells which regenerate very slowly. Pumping out lipofuscin from nervous system cells using acetyl-l-carnitine and meclofenoxate is also important for the same reason. Acetyl-l-carnitine also appears to have an ability to protect and increase receptors in the brain that normally decline with age. Besides removing lipofuscin, meclofenoxate produces DMAE when metabolized in the body, a natural substance found especially in fish and also produced in the human brain. DMAE, is a precursor to acetylcholine, an essential neurotransmitter. DMAE offers other benefits as well; for example it alters muscle contraction and is useful for increasing flaccidity and reducing wrinkles and in the facial region. I take another smart drug called piracetam which has an effect on brain energy metabolism and supports cognitive functioning. I also take meclofenoxate to improve my memory and cognitive capabilities. Also the hormones I am taking, pregnenalone, DHEA and melatonin, serve to enhance my mental functioning and my ability to be awake and sleep in regular cycles.
Does anyone know rays thoughts on DMAE?

Dutchie

try to follow ray peat without starch and make sure you get all the micronutrients, eat the carrot salad twice a day, and some antibiotics and high doses of aspirin with vitamin k1, i think i should test
Yep....tried that diet years ago. Didn't help.

Dutchie

I happen to take DMAE daily as well as cholinebitartrate. I eat plenty meat daily so I get in carnitine as well.
Doesn't do anything for the age spots.

I question if the large ones on my back and chest are even considered age spots.

teds

Forum Supporter

hi @Dutchie - you may not have released that salmon is pufa.. age spots would come with that. just something to consider.. there's no such thing as the [peat diet but avoiding PUFA would be a general consideration.

Dutchie

hi @Dutchie - you may not have released that salmon is pufa.. age spots would come with that. just something to consider.. there's no such thing as the [peat diet but avoiding PUFA would be a general consideration.
Hi teds,
thanks for the recommendation. I'm aware that salmon contains pufas (mainly O3)
However the spots appeared during a time where I wasn't eating foods with pufas. The salmon,the omega 3 in it, does me well.

I don't believe that eating fatty fish (whole foods with pufas) has such disastrous effects.

Apple

There is the peat diet.
I think it says pretty clear:
"Avoiding fluoridated water and the polyunsaturated oils, and drinking two quarts of milk daily (which will provide only 66 grams of protein), and using some other nutrient-rich foods such as eggs and fruits, are probably the basic things to protect the bones. For vitamins, especially K, occasional liver can be helpful. Meats, fruits, leaves, and coffee are rich in magnesium." RP

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I happen to take DMAE daily as well as cholinebitartrate. I eat plenty meat daily so I get in carnitine as well.
Doesn't do anything for the age spots.

I question if the large ones on my back and chest are even considered age spots.
Go look at my thread Dutchie on skin growths and see if your back spots look like mine. Coconut MCT oil might get those gone for you . Removing Skin Growths With Coconut MCT Oil

Dutchie

Go look at my thread Dutchie on skin growths and see if your back spots look like mine. Coconut MCT oil might get those gone for you . Removing Skin Growths With Coconut MCT Oil
Thanks....I looked at the thread but mine are bigger and most of them rounder (symmetrically). From what I see on your picture your's a bit raised as well. Mine are flat.

It is peculiar though what you wrote about mct oil. Lately I've been cooking more frequently with mct oil. I don't notice negative effects from it, but I only use a little less than 1Tblsp.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks....I looked at the thread but mine are bigger and most of them rounder (symmetrically). From what I see on your picture your's a bit raised as well. Mine are flat.

It is peculiar though what you wrote about mct oil. Lately I've been cooking more frequently with mct oil. I don't notice negative effects from it, but I only use a little less than 1Tblsp.
Growth come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. My husband and I both said it is a shame we didn't think to take before and after pictures of some of the other growths we have gotten gone with the MCT over the last 6 months.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wrote this addendum post to explain further how high protein, sugar and lower fat works to burn fat...

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals