Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

PopRBop

Hey R&R,

Your experience immediately reminded me of the anabolic diet, where guys claim to put on muscle (and weight) and lose fat, all while exercising very little. This is probably why I generally stay slim and lean while not being a featherweight. I can also put on visibly significant muscle without doing a whole lot of exercise. At least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I'll have to find those posts on the anabolic diet here on RPF.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hey R&R,

Your experience immediately reminded me of the anabolic diet, where guys claim to put on muscle (and weight) and lose fat, all while exercising very little. This is probably why I generally stay slim and lean while not being a featherweight. I can also put on visibly significant muscle without doing a whole lot of exercise. At least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I'll have to find those posts on the anabolic diet here on RPF.
Yeah I always thought you had to work a muscle to gain a muscle until Ray Peat.

rei

Funny thing about low carb is, even "Low Carb Gurus" will state that the body needs at least 130g of glucose a day. If you aren't getting that through diet or glycogen, you have to get it through gluconeogenesis. But, converting protein to glucose isn't that efficient, and you need about 1.4g of protein to make 1g of sugar. So, on only 50g of carbs a day, you would have to convert about 112g of protein. Along with the 80-100g of protein that Peat suggests even smaller, mostly sedentary people need, you already need about 190-210g of protein just to maintain lean mass on only 50g of carbs a day.

No wonder it doesn't work so well in the long run.

A baseline of 100g of protein and about 150g of carbs should be the starting point for most people, and you can add to that based on activity levels and build and such.
it's not that black and white. You can also convert fat (glycerol & ketones) to glucose.

Apple

Yeah I always thought you had to work a muscle to gain a muscle until Ray Peat.
Ray Peat doesn't look like a muscled guy. In fact you can see belly on his photos .
Some folk on here argue that it is due to estrogen

Apple

Would you mind showing us an example?
I saw this photo and discussion about possible estrogen excess on another thread
They talked about his belly and boobs:)
raypeat1.jpg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray Peat doesn't look like a muscled guy. In fact you can see belly on his photos .
Some folk on here argue that it is due to estrogen
I think over worked muscles look unintelligent. I know Iam stereotyping, but it seems so vain and a waste of good time to me. I am WAY more attracted to a lean creative or nerdy guy. I think you should make a post with a poll on that.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think over worked muscles look unintelligent. I know Iam stereotyping, but it seems so vain and a waste of good time to me. I am WAY more attracted to a lean creative or nerdy guy. I think you should make a post with a poll on that.
And what a ridiculous comparison you make comparing a young body builder to an 86 year old man. How old are you, really?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
have you simply reduced pufas and starches?
I took PUFA's out five years ago Roni123@. It got rid of all my age spots within a couple of years, but it didn't do anything for weight loss. My experiment was three years into "Peating". I eliminated ALL starches, and was about 100 to 120 grams of protein on the average a day, and sometimes 150 grams, mostly from shellfish, eggs and some grass fed beef. The rest was fruit and sugar. I didn't introduce honey until recently. I was pretty low on calcium too, with only mozzarella and homemade ice cream made without cream. I wasn't drinking milk back then. Coffee, iced coffe and Mexican Coke were part of it too.

Roni123@

I took PUFA's out five years ago Roni123@. It got rid of all my age spots within a couple of years, but it didn't do anything for weight loss. My experiment was three years into "Peating". I eliminated ALL starches, and was about 100 to 120 grams of protein on the average a day, and sometimes 150 grams, mostly from shellfish, eggs and some grass fed beef. The rest was fruit and sugar. I didn't introduce honey until recently. I was pretty low on calcium too, with only mozzarella and homemade ice cream made without cream. I wasn't drinking milk back then. Coffee, iced coffe and Mexican Coke were part of it too.
What did you notice of benefits in reducing PUFAS? has something in the mental part changed?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What did you notice of benefits in reducing PUFAS? has something in the mental part changed?
Hmmm...I did notice pretty quick my face structure changing. I actually didn't like it at first. I just did not look like myself. I was already coming into it being Paleo and grain free already so half the battle was done starting Ray Peat. I disliked fruit and sugar so that was tough adding in. I still am not a sugar fan. I pretty much had to dumped the nuts, salad and other vegetables and add in more calcium. I think if I had been coming into it from a modern western diet I probably would have had more problems like a lot of people do at first. I will say that because I wasn't as versed in the "Peat" science I misinterpreted a lot of things wrong and put weight on at first with the added sugar and "safer" starches. I know better now.

Roni123@

Hmmm...I did notice pretty quick my face structure changing. I actually didn't like it at first. I just did not look like myself. I was already coming into it being Paleo and grain free already so half the battle was done starting Ray Peat. I disliked fruit and sugar so that was tough adding in. I still am not a sugar fan. I pretty much had to dumped the nuts, salad and other vegetables and add in more calcium. I think if I had been coming into it from a modern western diet I probably would have had more problems like a lot of people do at first. I will say that because I wasn't as versed in the "Peat" science I misinterpreted a lot of things wrong and put weight on at first with the added sugar and "safer" starches. I know better now.
Yees, my face as more " bone dense "

Roni123@

How long have you been "Peating"?
I started making Peat about 2 -2.5 years old, I was very thin and ended up gaining weight but without gaining fat kkkk

yes everyone says that I changed, especially when I added more calcium I ended up becoming more man kkk, my beard grew faster, and I eliminated acne

I had the starches removed a year ago but I think I did something wrong, I ended up losing a lot of weight and with adrenaline symptoms, now I returned again without starch and with about 3,500 to 4000 calories, I am 2 days and I am calmer and more resistant , I have the impression that I have a more three-dimensional view of the world

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I started making Peat about 2 -2.5 years old, I was very thin and ended up gaining weight but without gaining fat kkkk

yes everyone says that I changed, especially when I added more calcium I ended up becoming more man kkk, my beard grew faster, and I eliminated acne

I had the starches removed a year ago but I think I did something wrong, I ended up losing a lot of weight and with adrenaline symptoms, now I returned again without starch and with about 3,500 to 4000 calories, I am 2 days and I am calmer and more resistant , I have the impression that I have a more three-dimensional view of the world
Without the starches you can eat SO MUCH more! That is a really good thing for getting in lots more nutrition, like calcium and protein without getting fat. I eat more than anybody at any table. The more muscle you have the quicker you burn fat so if you have young metabolism that can be a full job keeping weight on without starches. You totally get it Roni123@!

Roni123@

Without the starches you can eat SO MUCH more! That is a really good thing for getting in lots more nutrition, lije calcium and protein without getting fat. I eat more than anybody at any table. The more muscle you have the quicker you burn fat so if you have young metabolism that can be a full job keeping weight on without starches. You totally get it Roni123@!
Yesss ❣️

Sefton10

I saw this photo and discussion about possible estrogen excess on another thread
They talked about his belly and boobs:)
View attachment 23843
That's just a dude who hasn't worked out all his life! Still he's in better shape than the vast majority of men his age at the time of the photo. Even a couple of brief sessions a week would lean him right up (if he cared, which I don't think he did/does).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals