Loosing my hair during peat diet?

G

gummybear

I was just at the toilet and combed my hair, when I saw alot of hair coming off...this freaks me out big time. I wonder if I should even quit this diet. At first I was feeling great, lots of energy, mood was great but for the last two weeks of now i've been tired, and now the hair fall? I mean...

narouz

gummybear said:
I was just at the toilet and combed my hair, when I saw alot of hair coming off...this freaks me out big time. I wonder if I should even quit this diet. At first I was feeling great, lots of energy, mood was great but for the last two weeks of now i've been tired, and now the hair fall? I mean...

gummybear--

Hair loss is not something one hears reported
often or consistently or significantly on a Peat diet.
At least that has been my experience in reading and researching.
And from my own experience of about half a year of Peating,
no hair loss.

Charlie might chime in here...
I seem to have a note stuck in my head that he experienced
some hair loss, maybe...?

Also gummybear,
I'm sure you know that Danny Roddy has a website
pretty much focused upon stopping hair loss
by eating a Peat diet.

One does hear about Peat eaters experiencing various ups and downs,
of all different kinds--not just hair loss.
I'm very interested in that general phenomenon.
In other words,
is it to be expected that sometimes,
for those eating Peatish,
do things get worse before they better?
Are there transient negative reactions?

cliff

Make sure your getting all your nutrients with something like cronometer.com

OP
G

gummybear

narouz said:
gummybear said:

gummybear--

Hair loss is not something one hears reported
often or consistently or significantly on a Peat diet.
At least that has been my experience in reading and researching.
And from my own experience of about half a year of Peating,
no hair loss.

Charlie might chime in here...
I seem to have a note stuck in my head that he experienced
some hair loss, maybe...?

Also gummybear,
I'm sure you know that Danny Roddy has a website
pretty much focused upon stopping hair loss
by eating a Peat diet.

One does hear about Peat eaters experiencing various ups and downs,
of all different kinds--not just hair loss.
I'm very interested in that general phenomenon.
In other words,
is it to be expected that sometimes,
for those eating Peatish,
do things get worse before they better?
Are there transient negative reactions?

Good post narouz...I dont have the slighest idea what's going on. I feel bloated, almost pregnant right now. Now I now how pregnant women can feel like.

Cliff: I registrered on that site now, I don't seem to be missing any vitamins/minerals really...other than glycine/proline/serine.

One thought just out of my head, can I have to much vitamin A? My multivitamin has 10.000 IU and together with my milk and carrots maybe it's to much? Says on the CRON-O-Meter than I get 19402.7 IU Vitamin A from my diet. And that's not including my multivitamin.

ARK

If you feel bloated than that is an indicator that you are eating something that is creating endotoxin in your system which in turn is creating stress hormones. You really have to look at what you are doing and question what it may be that is effecting your digestion. The multi vitamin could surely cause some issues. Are you diluting your sugar and making a simple syrup? If you don't dissolve things like sugar that might cause an issue. Same thing is true of the gelatin. Fruit that is unripe could cause the issue. You also have to consider if the milk you are drinking might not be agreeing with you. Basically- something you are doing is creating endotoxin and serotonin. These are hormones that we are trying to avoid. This is a diet that must be tailored for the person. So something you are doing is not right for YOU.

Nick810

I started on Peat to try to fix the hair loss.... zero luck so far although I feel nutritionally I'm doing a lot better.

ARK

Stick with it Nickje! It all takes time.. "Rome wasn't built in a day". We are all different so it will take time for you to find just what does/ doesn't work for you. Don't think of this in terms of days or weeks. Think of this in terms of years and enjoy the journey.

inatic

cliff said:
The multivitamin probably has stuff in it you don't want to ingest.

just curious.. Ann's site has a multi on it. When, if ever is it appropriate to use a Multi?