Loosing hair and feeling confused! Newbie of Peat diet.

Mittir

That is an inspiring story. Most good doctors i have met were
females, especially older females. Though 25 mcg T4 is a common starting
dose, i think starting witth 12.5 T4 dose can be quite safe.
It totally depends on condition of your thyroid function.
people often feel high adrenaline symptoms when they suddenly introduce thyroid hormone.
RP recommends slow introduction of thyroid hormone. T4 builds up over time, 2+ weeks depending
on metabolism. if you are not very hypo then 12.5 mcg T4 is not a bad idea.
I do not know about that claim that low dose thyroid causes hypothyroid symptoms.
That sounds like some internet rumor. I am curious to know if RP said something like that.
If liver does not convert T4 to T3 and T4 lowers TSH ,which increases release and
conversion of T4 to T3 ,then there is a possibility of lower thyroid function.
RP has also mentioned that you have to maintain good liver function for
this conversion. I believe you know all the regular things that improve
liver function, 80 grams of protein, B vitamins, selenium, carrot salad,
Niacinamide etc. Those back pain and joint pain can be sign of
low thyroid function, low alkaline minerals, high endotoxin etc.
Adjusting thyroid dose is really an art.

OP
N

north

I think im pretty covered with minerals, vitamins, etc. Come to think of it, back is very good today (started thyroid yesterday).
I definitely feel like liver function improved, i dont crach hard when i dont eat now, which used to happen often before.
Im also going to up my kcal a lot, 3000+ every day.

I took 37.5 mcg t4 yesterday and 10 mcg t3. (my t4 is in 25mcg pills so i take 1.5 pill)
I took 5mcg t3 the first dose. Oh hello new world! So this is how "normal people" feel.
Pulse was about 85, feet got warm, felt very calm and good. No stress response. It lasted for about 3 hours, after that i took the rest of the t3 (5mcg) so it totaled to 10mcg. That last time didnt do much but i didnt take it with a lot of food because it was really late.

I took 37.5 mcg t4 this morning, and 5mcg t3, with a solid breakfast of 2eggs, 30g gelatin, 0.5L OJ, 1L milk, Strong coffee with 50g Sugar, coconut oil. And salt with the eggs. I didnt get any pulse increase, but man do my stomach work better! It amazing, just after the first dose of thyroid the feeling of bloated is gone. Like zero! Usually i feel very full after only 1 egg (crazy i know, then i force myself to get more).

I just had lunch, i took 5mcg t3 and got squid milk coffee sugar coconut oil, and my pulse did go up now to about 80.

I have also started eggshell, like 4 days ago. That made me feel pretty good too. I thought i was in the clear but cronometer showed higher phosphorus than calcium so i started eggshell. Good choice! I think calcium really matters.

goofy

Hi guys, I dont want to derrail this thread but im gonna ask here since it's related (hair + thyroid problem). Im on T4 only, been for like a year+, doc upped my dose from 25 to 50 mcg recently, TSH lately has been around 4 ish, and they also tested this:

FT4: 13,2 (range: 9,05 - 19,00)
FT3: 4,60 (range: 2,61 - 5,61)

A couple of days ago i've read some study about taking the T4 med before sleep and working better or the same, im doing this because i absolutely hate having to wake up 1 hour before just to take the med, wait then eat the breakfast. It makes me extra tired and im just bored waiting for that one hour to pass to eat.

Sometimes they tested antibodies, sometimes they come up high, they come up down. No one has given me a legitimate diagnose beyond "subclinical hypothyroidism". or some generic ***t like that. Do you guys think is it hashi? how should I go about this? Should I up my dose? FT4 seems on the low range, FT3 seems good. Do I need T3 or what?

Symptons include fatigue, brain fog, and cold intolerance. At the start of the shower, i have to put it really hot, then i can gradually change the temperature and this way i can for some reason tolerate cold water at the end of the shower. I like to make this temperature change, I dont think showering with hot water is healthy even during summer. I like to leave with a feeling of coldness. Let's see if I can gradually adapt my body to it.

Diet is just standard, I follow some of RP (i've eaten like this since I was a kid) like orange juice natural every morning, i drink milk everyday (not raw tho, it's just regular comercial milk), i eat cereals with milk too, i eat cheese... i can eat almost whatever i want and i dont have any stomatch issues beyond the ocasional fart or ocasional stomatch noise.

Also, my hair is falling, i have androgenetic alopecia since most males on my family are bald. My scalp is itching all day, I dont see any redness. Im legit lossing my mind with this. I got a test and my DHT was above range, progesterone a bit above range, E2 at the middle of the range, LH sightly below range, Prolactine on the lower end of the range, free test on the middle of the range, total test like 3,5 ng/mL, in other words more towards the lower end of the range.
My OH25 was below range, my 1,25 was on range. What does this even mean? do I need to take vitamin D supplements or not? I didn't go out for a lot of time so i didnt had sun. Now the summer is getting there so im taking 20 to 30 minutes daily of sun without protection for a nice tanned skin + vitamin D. (I took the test months ago and I didn't had sun for like 9 months due my job)

Im considering finasteride, it would hypotetically lower my DHT, which may be the culprit of my scalp itch plus obviously my hairloss, this while my testosterone would go up which is kinda on the lower end. So DHT above range, T on the lower end, hypothetically i am a good candidate for finasteride i think. I would add in to the mix nizoral and minoxidil since my hair is kinda oily. I need to stop this thing to progress any further, im only 25. This is taking a toll in my mind and im pretty sure it's half of the problem when it comes to fatigue, brain fog, anxiety etc, beside any hypothiroid issues.

if you need additional data i could search it on my labs. i've never got tested my vitamin K and histamine but the doctors told me this "cannot be tested". What does this mean?
I also need to check my magnesium, zinc and other minerals too. I will probably get a hair test for the minerals which is way more useful than blood test afaik.

J

j.

Peat thinks it's prolactin, not DHT, the main hormone involved in hair loss.

goofy

j. said:
Like I said mine is on the lower end of the range, at least by the time I made the labs. And DHT was above range.
DHT is obviously involved in hairloss, just look for finasteride success histories.

SaltGirl

goofy said:
j. said:
Like I said mine is on the lower end of the range, at least by the time I made the labs. And DHT was above range.
DHT is obviously involved in hairloss, just look for finasteride success histories.

Actually, Finasteride hasn't been the success story most people thought it would be. Even the so called father of the Androgen Hypothesis has admitted that the current regiments are in his minds failures. Sadly Danny Roddy doesn't have his old website anymore, but he ad some really good articles with citation about why Finasteride isn't the runaway success pharma hoped it would be and why it sometimes worked a little bit(had some downstream effect on progesterone iirc).

Last study I read about MPB was that the scalp is in a state of hypoxia which might be something to look into. You could try adding more copper into your diet.

goofy

SaltGirl said:
goofy said:
j. said:

Actually, Finasteride hasn't been the success story most people thought it would be. Even the so called father of the Androgen Hypothesis has admitted that the current regiments are in his minds failures. Sadly Danny Roddy doesn't have his old website anymore, but he ad some really good articles with citation about why Finasteride isn't the runaway success pharma hoped it would be and why it sometimes worked a little bit(had some downstream effect on progesterone iirc).

Last study I read about MPB was that the scalp is in a state of hypoxia which might be something to look into. You could try adding more copper into your diet.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/researc ... nd-safety/

The result of testing found not only that Propecia works and is safe for use, but there were some other interesting findings as well. Only 14% patients experienced a worsening of hair loss, while 86% benefited from the treatment over this extended time period and efficacy of the drug was found not to reduce over time for the majority of patients.

This is a success compared to the alternatives we have. Add in topical application of finasteride to fully target DHT that gets synthesized on the scalp plus minoxidil for irrigation enhancement and you can't name a better alternative to treat male pattern baldness to date.

J

j.

If something produces permanent inability to have erections, I wouldn't call that safe.

goofy

j. said:
If something produces permanent inability to have erections, I wouldn't call that safe.
These are very rare cases. You can have side effects taking anything. Also get some labs prior treatment so you can see your hormonal panel. If your DHT is low and you are already lossing hair then I guess you are pretty much ****88. If your DHT is high and you still have hair but lossing it, I would say it's pretty safe.

J

j.

goofy said:
j. said:
These are very rare cases [...] I would say it's pretty safe.

I see, so here we have someone trying to sell Propecia, or an idiot.

goofy

j. said:
goofy said:
j. said:
These are very rare cases [...] I would say it's pretty safe.

I see, so here we have someone trying to sell Propecia, or an idiot.
I like how if you defend propecia on the internet you are automatically someone with an agenda, lol.
I just posted a 10 year old study, conclusions are: it's safe.
You can have rare side effects on everything, including OJ. You can go out and get hit by a bus, etc.
The question is: Is hair important to you? If yes, are you willing to risk these small % side effects to try to keep your hair?
A guy I know started propecia at 18 and a year later has thicekend up his receding hairline, of course he started early enough. 4 years later and still no sides.
Of course this is just "anecdotal evidence" and if I post a 10 year study you just ignore it. Whatever.

J

j.

Can OJ cause permanent erectile dysfunction? If not, why do you mention it when talking about something with as serious side effects? It's a completely different category of possible side effects.

OP
N

north

I have a few new things is want advice about.
I feel very good with thyroid.
Bloated feeling gone, temp is better, heat regulation much better, mood is much better, energy also.
One thing I noticed now is after 1 week of thyroid, I have a bit of a sensation in my throat or actually more of the Adam's apple area. Don't know if it's swollen but some kinda of feeling.
Pretty sure it's the thyroid. What does this mean? I was talking to another guy who experienced the same feeling when he was on thyroid. I don't use supplemental iodine, iodine-free salt.
I take 50 mcg T4, and 17.5-22.5 mcg t3 per day. I am thinking about lowering t3 for this reason but then I feel worse symptom wise...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My thyroid felt like it swelled up a bit when I first started taking thyroid. It subsided though.

OP
N

north

The swollen thyroid calmed down :)

Update:
2weeks in. Ive been on 50mcg t4, 20mcg t3.
I gotta say first i think 5-6 days were very very good.
Bloating completely gone, felt great. Good temp and with t3 and food i got my pulse up to 80-82 usually and sometimes 85.
Then, after that, during the second week, ive experienced a steady decline in perceived overall feeling.
Bloating is coming back a bit, estrogen/serotonin symtoms (a lot last 3 days), etc.
Ive never had much problems with scalp quality since starting peat, i used to have very oily scalp during my bad "crasch", but that dissapeared and only comes back to a smaller extent if i for ex sleep to little or get some other problem. But that came back full force 2 days ago. That is a very clear marker for me. When i feel prefect i have absolute zero oil in scalp, dont even need schampoo for weeks. As soon as i feel bloated or tired or stressed etc, i get som oil in scalp. Kinda strange.

So last couple of days ive slept bad. Im not sure why. Im also very bloated like before thyroid. Water retention in face when i wake up. Fingers feel a bit stiff when waking up. I can feel an uncomfortable feeling in my knees now and then.
I think sleeping late (but its not even that late so im not sure) contributes to this, but... u know... life, i have stuff i really need to do atm.
At the moment, it is almost as if im not on thyroid, except, it still does warm me up a bit, ie, my feet arent as cold as they used to be before thyroid. They still are a little cold but not as much.
Bloating is really disturbing and im sure causes serotonin etc.

Food is as always,
2L milk
2L OJ
300g meat/seafood
honey/sugar
Coconutoil
salt
gelatin
1-2 eggs/day
and then occasionally other stuff like pepsi, cheese, etc

i also take
eggshell
D
K2
Aspirin
Niacinamide
I eat more liver now than before (2-3 times per week)
Some Vit E (AC Grace, 1 per 4 days or so caus ive heard of the soy in it, but there is some E in my thorne D/K and K2 so i get 100mg per day in that at least)

I have tried more potatoes etc lately to try and up my heat and get some more solid food caus of the too-much-liquid problem, but ive felt bad lately so i cant judge if thats good or bad (i dont think my feeling bad is caus of potatos caus i started them after my feeling/mood went down).

Im also positive i have carotenimia. I dont know how to say in english but the underside of my feet do have a somewhat orange tint. should i do something about this or should it work itself out if i correct the general stuff?

Im not at all sure what i should do at the moment.
Im wondering if i took too much thyroid or too little.
Or if its only sleep, but my sleep hasent been that messed up, just a bit.
Food is the same so i dont think its playing a big role. I started K2 recently tho but i dont think that can caus this.

Mittir

The half life of T4 usually is 5-10 days and can be lower or higher
depending on thyroid function. It is very likely that after 6 days
there were enough T4 in the blood to lower TSH and thyroid activity.
50 mcg T4 is probably replacing 50 percent out put of thyroid gland.
It seems like your body is not converting T4 to T3 efficiently.
Under the influence of high TSH the conversion of T4 to T3 is higher.
The ratio of 50 mcg T4 and 20 mcg T3 is pretty good.
Are you taking T3 in small divided doses? Are you taking T3 with food
or nibbling on it every hour or two? There are many factors that
interfere with the conversion of T4 to T3: selenium, estrogen, cortisol,
PUFA, gut irritation, protein, vitamins etc. I think it would be a good idea
to replace OJ with some other safer juice for few days to see if it makes
any difference . Pectin in under ripe orange can be a major irritant.

OP
N

north

Im taking the t3 usually 10mcg in morning, then 5+5 or about 3+3+3. Almost always with food, but lately ive probably taken 25 per day just because i feel crappy and hoping it will help, it does a little but im not at all as good as first week.

On the OJ, i no longer get concentrate and i get the more expensive NFC brand, i tried all diffrent options and this one gave me the least gut irritation. However(!) i have recently stopped straining caus i just didnt have the time or effort and thought i would handle it by now. It does seem like a stretch that pulp will caus all of this...

But, i will try and get more honey and lower the OJ + strain the OJ that i keep.

I know that scandinavia has low selenium in the ground but i do eat oysters and/or squid at least twice per week. (forgot to write that in prev post)

In general my feet are still warmer than before thyroid tho...

I defenitly got protein down: about 150 per day, where 40g is from gelatin.
I am not sure about zinc/selenium, but i do eat oyster now and then (they just raised the prize tho so cant eat as much) but i also complement with shrimp, squid(calamari?), sometimes mussels but i dont like them so much, and cod.

I also noticed that if i get a small wound like a cut or so, it bleeds for a really long time, i did get thorne k2 and i take about 6mg per day, but i also lowered aspirin for a few days. i upped it again now tho. I wonder if lowering the aspirin also caused a bit higher estrogen levels. (but im not sure how powerful aspirin is agains estrogen)

Mittir

prototype said:
It does seem like a stretch that pulp will caus all of this...
But, i will try and get more honey and lower the OJ + strain the OJ that i keep.
I think a lot of people underestimate the role of gut irritant
in their health issues. Composition of the gut bacteria determines
how much problem pectin can cause. If one has bad composition
of bacteria it will increase serotonin and endotoxin. This starts a long chain
of hormonal events. Serotonin increases TSH and other stress hormones.
Endotxin increases estrogen and cortisol, cortisol decreases T4 to T3 conversion.
He also mentioned that coffee can lower TSH. Honey can be quite allergenic.
For experimentation pure sugar is a better choice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals