Looks Like Cynarine Is The Main PDE Inhibitor In Artichoke Extract

Coderr

"Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) is known to contain flavones, mainly apigenin and luteolin glycosides [44,45,46], which have been reported to act as PDE inhibitors [12,13,14]. However, in this study no effect was observed when luteolin glycosides were tested. Furthermore, luteolin, which was demonstrated to be a strong PDE inhibitor in accordance with the literature, could not be found in the PDE-inhibiting extract."

"The supposed ALE constituents 1,3-dicaffeoylquinic acid and 1,5-dicaffeoylquinic acid were not commercially available, so an isomer, 3,4-dicaffeoylquinic acid, was used for the PDE inhibition experiments. As 3,4-dicaffeoylquinic acid concentrations increased to 500 μg/mL (~ 1mM), PDE activity decreased almost 50% (see Figure 4d)."

Inhibition of Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate-Specific Phosphodiesterase by Various Food Plant-Derived Phytotherapeutic Agents

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Very nice. Just took some yesterday.

Jigend

I am a massive fan of artichoke. I always see an improvement in verbal fluency, mental clarity and just sheer awareness.

I notice that as well; like a mild nootropic (actually, the mental sensation of an artichoke infusion is similar to that of Phosphatidylserine IMO)

One "problem" of having those artichoke infusions is how the face eventually starts flushing too easily (like, if I have those infusions 2 or 3 times a day, two days in a row). I was thinking it could be related with artichoke being rich in niacin. But now I've just read how a flushed face can be the side effect of a PDE inhibitor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom