Looking For New Calcium Protocol That Doesn't Upset Digestion

ebs

Calcium supplements make me agitated. Seems lile it somehow raises glutamate, that's how it feels like. Could anyone explain why this happens? I'm talking about doses even less than 500mg.

Dairy, on the other hand, increases my issues with constipation while I respond good to it (no agitation) otherwise.

I do have extremely high vitamin D, could that have something to do with my seemingly hypersensativity to at least calcium from supplements? My body seems to be way to sufficient at storing vitamin D, even from just 100% RDA.

So what are my options here of getting enough calcium? Spinach?

OP
ecstatichamster
Calcium supplements make me agitated. Seems lile it somehow raises glutamate, that's how it feels like. Could anyone explain why this happens? I'm talking about doses even less than 500mg.

Dairy, on the other hand, increases my issues with constipation while I respond good to it (no agitation) otherwise.

I do have extremely high vitamin D, could that have something to do with my seemingly hypersensativity to at least calcium from supplements? My body seems to be way to sufficient at storing vitamin D, even from just 100% RDA.

So what are my options here of getting enough calcium? Spinach?

Are you taking K2?

So I thought I denounced milk, but then realized that skim milk causes absolutely no problems for me, given that I drink it on an empty stomach with a clean gut and a correct physiological state for the acceptance of milk.

Milk with any type of fat causes problems. Doesn’t taste that great but the energy I get from it is worth it.

Worth a shot.

Interesting. I read recently that cream is where the endotoxins are most condensed.

OP
ecstatichamster
Any brand recommendations? And do you mean I should take it alongside calcium?

yes absolutely. It really should be added. I use it topically usually. I buy mine from vitaspace.com, K2 MK4

Amazoniac

I still don't know why some people can't react carbonate or hydroxide salts with acids properly. By the time you judge that they has fully reacted, have you tried to cover the cup with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it? The film show remain intact or become concave (from the lower temperature), but if it expands it means that gas was still being generated and the reaction wasn't complete yet.

You can also try to strain it with a fine mesh afterwards to avoid clumps.

Zpol

I'm thinking if I should also add magnesium acetate into the OJ. Magnesium acetate can be made in the same manner as calcium acetate.

@yerrag Have you developed a recipe to make Calcium PLUS Magnesium Acetate in one? I'd like to make this but I do not have a chemistry background. I'm not sure how much acid would be need in ratio to egg shell and magnesium carbonate. Also, is the acetic acid you use the best quality for the task? What is the brand; where do you purchase it? Would other acidic liquids work as well?

Have you been able to reduce calcium plaque and or reduce blood pressure by using these substances?

Any tips would be helpful. I'm trying to find a way to supplement calcium in a way that will not not cause soft tissue calcifications. I am intending to take it in tandem with Magnesium for a synergistic effect.

Addition.. I just found this video on Youtube. I'm thinking I will give it a try. Not sure how much magnesium would be in it though.

Last edited:

yerrag

@yerrag Have you developed a recipe to make Calcium PLUS Magnesium Acetate in one? I'd like to make this but I do not have a chemistry background. I'm not sure how much acid would be need in ratio to egg shell and magnesium carbonate. Also, is the acetic acid you use the best quality for the task? What is the brand; where do you purchase it? Would other acidic liquids work as well?
I would rather make magnesium acetate alone without having to make calcium acetate. Mag carbonate readily reacts with acetic acid to produce mag acetate, but the same can't be said for calcium carbonate. So I'd rather just take calcium carbonate in the form of eggshell powder.

But regarding the acetic acid used, I find it difficult to use regular vinegar with the usual 5% concentration as the reaction time is too long. At 20% concentration, reaction time is a lot faster. However, I had to buy glacial acetic acid, which is 100%, and then I had to dilute it to 20%, by mixing 4:1 water to glacial acetic acid.

And I'm not sure if glacial acetic acid is easy to find /buy where you're at. I hope you can find it for a reasonable price, given how many regulations there are in more developed countries and it makes it harder to sell something that requires safe handling.
But other than that, mag acetate is the easiest magnesium supplement to make--other than just straight use of mag carbonate or mag oxide.

Have you been able to reduce calcium plaque and or reduce blood pressure by using these substances?
It's hard to tell if magnesium with b6 is helping reducing my calcium plaque by itself, as plaque isn't only about calcium but involves oxidized LDL as well as the immune response to chronic bacterial infection. Being this complex, a decalcifying approach alone isn't addressing my high blood pressure problem. There's also an endotoxin angle to it, and so my blood pressure stays stuck at high levels.

Zpol

I would rather make magnesium acetate alone without having to make calcium acetate. Mag carbonate readily reacts with acetic acid to produce mag acetate, but the same can't be said for calcium carbonate. So I'd rather just take calcium carbonate in the form of eggshell powder.

But regarding the acetic acid used, I find it difficult to use regular vinegar with the usual 5% concentration as the reaction time is too long. At 20% concentration, reaction time is a lot faster. However, I had to buy glacial acetic acid, which is 100%, and then I had to dilute it to 20%, by mixing 4:1 water to glacial acetic acid.

And I'm not sure if glacial acetic acid is easy to find /buy where you're at. I hope you can find it for a reasonable price, given how many regulations there are in more developed countries and it makes it harder to sell something that requires safe handling.
But other than that, mag acetate is the easiest magnesium supplement to make--other than just straight use of mag carbonate or mag oxide.

Yea, darn; I'm unable to get some glacial acetic acid. Maybe I'll just stick with Mag Glycinate then.
Thanks for the info though. I was trying to determine if it was even necessary to make the calcium acetate or simply eat the egg shell, it seems the latter has more benefits (esp. if including the membrane) and is easier. Thank you for the info.

It's hard to tell if magnesium with b6 is helping reducing my calcium plaque by itself, as plaque isn't only about calcium but involves oxidized LDL as well as the immune response to chronic bacterial infection. Being this complex, a decalcifying approach alone isn't addressing my high blood pressure problem. There's also an endotoxin angle to it, and so my blood pressure stays stuck at high levels.

True, it's a complicated matter, so many factors to consider.
One more question, if I may; are you aware of any way to verify calcium is going to the right places as opposed to soft tissue like arteries, kidneys, brain, etc.?

yerrag

Yea, darn; I'm unable to get some glacial acetic acid. Maybe I'll just stick with Mag Glycinate then.
Thanks for the info though. I was trying to determine if it was even necessary to make the calcium acetate or simply eat the egg shell, it seems the latter has more benefits (esp. if including the membrane) and is easier. Thank you for the info.

True, it's a complicated matter, so many factors to consider.
One more question, if I may; are you aware of any way to verify calcium is going to the right places as opposed to soft tissue like arteries, kidneys, brain, etc.?

Not in a very general way. I think that, as haidut had mentioned in one of the Generative Energy podcasts with Danny Roddy, calcium can get into the wrong place when one's hypothyroid. So it's good to make sure our sugar metabolism is going well. Aside from checking temps and pulse, and checking the Achilles tendon reflex, or in its place the QTc value in an ECG (equal or less to 440msec), or the more expensive thyroid panel with rT3, having good blood sugar control throughout the day is indicative also of an optimal metabolism. And when all's well, we're also less susceptible to insults such as allergens and we have no trouble sleeping and getting enough sleep. When I feel hunger or low energy in between meals, I know there's something wrong already as I'm either not metabolizing sugar fast enough or my glycogen stores aren't enough to carry me through the times sugar is low and my body has to fill in by converting glycogen to sugar. This already assumes that I have no PUFAs interfering with my sugar metabolism.

A further check on my acid-base balance would also help. A urine pH test that falls between 6.4- 6.8 throughout the day would be ideal. A level of 5.5 pH or lower is bad as it already indicates either too much lactic acid/keto acid being produced or lack of electrolyte intake (alkalinic) or it's the effect of supplementation or maintenance drugs that constitute an acidic load.

I think when these checks are good, I feel that my body is not being placed in harm's way where calcification will occur. The body won't have to resort to an adaptation mechanism where it has to choose the lesser evil, in which the lesser evil would involve putting the body in a chronic state of stress and the stress involves calcification, among other things.

Zpol

Not in a very general way. I think that, as haidut had mentioned in one of the Generative Energy podcasts with Danny Roddy, calcium can get into the wrong place when one's hypothyroid. So it's good to make sure our sugar metabolism is going well. Aside from checking temps and pulse, and checking the Achilles tendon reflex, or in its place the QTc value in an ECG (equal or less to 440msec), or the more expensive thyroid panel with rT3, having good blood sugar control throughout the day is indicative also of an optimal metabolism. And when all's well, we're also less susceptible to insults such as allergens and we have no trouble sleeping and getting enough sleep. When I feel hunger or low energy in between meals, I know there's something wrong already as I'm either not metabolizing sugar fast enough or my glycogen stores aren't enough to carry me through the times sugar is low and my body has to fill in by converting glycogen to sugar. This already assumes that I have no PUFAs interfering with my sugar metabolism.

Good points. Makes sense. I think I did hear that podcast. What you are saying basically confirms what I was thinking. Was hoping I'd find a different answer though. My thyroid is not optimal, I'm working on it, but simultaneously I am dealing with how to balance my calcium to phosphorus ratio for the purpose of optimizing my thyroid function. It's a Catch-22. I appreciate your input, thank you.

Simon R.

I don't know I haven't tried that. I think the citric acid in orange juice would partially digest the calcium for you, making it easier to absorb. Either way, when dissolved in just water I get irritated intestines, when dissolved in OJ I get no irritation.

Do you know more about the juice making the calcium more absorbable?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals