Looking for Help With Severe Inflammation: Edema and Arthritis

OP
Mossy

Mossy

I forgot to mention that 20 years ago I was dealing with arthritis in several fingers, and msm cured me of the problem.
Good to hear of your success with MSM. That is not only on my list but I had my dad try it for several days; it did to him what it does to me—caused insomnia. I assume you had no trouble with that yourself.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Another report from a customer at the natural food store says she relieved her swelling and water retention with ginger oil rubbed on her legs. Not sure if neat or diluted.
Excellent. Thank you.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

“After decades of “education” to promote eating starchy foods, obesity is a bigger problem than ever, and more people are dying of diabetes than previously. The age-specific incidence of most cancers is increasing, too, and there is evidence that starch, such as pasta, contributes to breast cancer, and possibly other types of cancer.” -Ray Peat
Always appreciate the Peat quotes. Very helpful.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Co2 baths are very painless, you don't even have to remove clothing (more specific directions on the forum search "Co2 bath"). Just supervise and make sure head stays above the bathtub (invisible layer of Co2) A local welding shop should be able to supply you.
Ok, I will search this out. I think a large challenge with any type of bath is my dad's tall height. I don't think he's taken a bath for decades because of this. I would imagine he'd have to be submerged to a good degree, to get any effect. I'm sure I'll find my answer as I research the subject.

Motorneuron

Che tipo di edema? Il gonfiore delle grandi articolazioni (ginocchia) ma anche delle dita è abbastanza comune con l'artrite reumatoide. Purtroppo lo so fin troppo bene.
Per il trattamento dell'AR puoi seguire i consigli di Ray Peat; la cosa più importante è evitare i PUFA come l'inferno, prendere molta vitamina D3 (5000 UI), vitamina K2 e forma assorbibile di vitamina A (solo la RDA - non esagerare con la vitamina A), mangiare frutta e verdura per ottenere abbastanza antiossidanti, sufficienti proteine (80-100 grammi/giorno, carne e uova sono ok, fai attenzione con i latticini in quanto possono dare una riacutizzazione di AR), per i minerali prendi magnesio e boro (10 mg). Se prendi lo zinco (15 mg) bilancia il rame (2-3 mg). Invece della sola B1, prendi un multivitaminico con tutte le vitamine del gruppo B. Evita il ferro. L'aspirina oi FANS non faranno molto, ma posso consigliare di cercare un medico che abbia familiarità con la terapia LDN (naltrexone a basso dosaggio). Basso costo ma molto efficace.

What kind of edema? Swelling of large joints (knees) but also fingers is quite common with reumatoïde arthritis. Unfortunately I know that all too well.
For RA treatment you can follow the Ray Peat advice; most important is to avoid PUFA's like hell, take a lot of vitamin D3 (5000iu), vitamin K2 & absorbable form of vitamin A (just the RDA - do not overdo the vitamin A), eat fruit & vegetables to get enough antioxidants, sufficient protein (80-100 gram/day, meat and eggs are ok, be careful with dairy as it can give a flare up of RA), for minerals take magnesium and boron (10mg). If you take zinc (15mg) balance with copper (2-3 mg). Instead of B1 alone take a multivitamin with all B vitamins. Avoid iron. Aspirin or NSAIDS will do not much but I can recommend to look for a doctor that is familiar with LDN (low-dose naltrexone) therapy. Low cost but very effective.
Iron is involved in the mitochondrial transport chain and in many processes within methylation ... are you convinced that removing it entirely is beneficial? why not remove what is deposited in the organs instead? Dark spots on the skin may indicate poor function in iron metabolism ... but you must first understand the underlying cause.

Motorneuron

Hello, yes he does eat dairy: milk and cheese. Thank you for sharing this. I will add it to my list of things and consider having him try A2 milk to see if there is any relief.
Candida can also cause that kind of problem

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Balance is important. Getting pH information on urine, saliva, and blood (thrun breath rate) gives an idea of the biochemical balance in the body. That is just a start. It isn't invasive and not hard to do. The problem with people is incredulity ( like 'it can't be that simple otherwise the doctors would be doing it') and when over this hump of incredulity, the next hurdle is inertia.

Without this first step, imho it is hard to proceed without a lot of second guessing. Second guessing isn't part of a sustained process of healing.

It is however just the key for the front door. There are more locked doors to open. As there would be more questions to be answered. But you at the very least are asking the right questions, and not circling the drain

I think that your dad understands this process or he would be like most beagle-like people in just doing what he's told by the experts/masters.
Ok, the urine and saliva PH I'm familiar with but not the blood. Was that "thrun breath rate"?

OP
Mossy

Mossy

yerrag

Ok, the urine and saliva PH I'm familiar with but not the blood. Was that "thrun breath rate"?
Yes. It's easier to count someone else's breath rate so you can do that for your dad instead of an app to count your own.

The blood is alkaline when below 14 bpm and acidic when above. 14 bpm being where serum pH is at 7.4 pH.

OP
Mossy

Mossy

Yes. It's easier to count someone else's breath rate so you can do that for your dad instead of an app to count your own.

The blood is alkaline when below 14 bpm and acidic when above. 14 bpm being where serum pH is at 7.4 pH.
Ok, thanks. I'll have to look into this further.

Back
Top Bottom