looking for help to start working out, ive only studied nutrition, where do i start with fitness?

pro marker

i never worked out, because i felt to frail and weak. i figured working out when it was so uncomfortable was a mistake. but now i am feeling stronger and after almost 2 years of healing i am ready to start working out. i am a 23 year old man with a pretty weak body. i look good, but my muscles are very weak and my abs have always been very weak. i remember all the way back in school i could do all the excerises in gym class but sit ups would kill me. i want to get a strong core and over all increase muscle strenght. the issue is that ive spent all this time solely on reading about nutrition- i have no idea where to start. ive come to ask here because just like with nutrition, i suspect that basically everything mainstream about fitness is wrong too. i dont wanna make the "keto mistake" all over again and do the wrong thing in order to learn. could somebody please guide me in the right direction?

i suspect i have danlos ehler, and my tendons are weak. they often hurt and ive already torn the extensor hood on one of my index finger. what sort of program should i start with? would calistenthics be enough? im worried about lifitng weights because i dont want to tear another tendon. can the tendons even be strengthened? my posture is pretty bad too, and has always been.

mrchibbs

i never worked out, because i felt to frail and weak. i figured working out when it was so uncomfortable was a mistake. but now i am feeling stronger and after almost 2 years of healing i am ready to start working out. i am a 23 year old man with a pretty weak body. i look good, but my muscles are very weak and my abs have always been very weak. i remember all the way back in school i could do all the excerises in gym class but sit ups would kill me. i want to get a strong core and over all increase muscle strenght. the issue is that ive spent all this time solely on reading about nutrition- i have no idea where to start. ive come to ask here because just like with nutrition, i suspect that basically everything mainstream about fitness is wrong too. i dont wanna make the "keto mistake" all over again and do the wrong thing in order to learn. could somebody please guide me in the right direction?

i suspect i have danlos ehler, and my tendons are weak. they often hurt and ive already torn the extensor hood on one of my index finger. what sort of program should i start with? would calistenthics be enough? im worried about lifitng weights because i dont want to tear another tendon. can the tendons even be strengthened? my posture is pretty bad too, and has always been.

Maybe hire @Hans to get you started.

I recommend full-body exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, etc.

So yeah that involves barbells and weights, when compared to isolated movements from machines they make you stronger and recruit a lot more muscles and if done properly (starting with low weight and good technique), will strengthen you and make you less susceptible to injuries.

Calisthenics are good too, but can be a bit boring, and moreover, it's harder to build muscle mass with calisthenics. And from a bioenergetic perspective, the important thing is to build a decent amount of muscle mass, because muscles raise the metabolic rate, and can burn fat safely, and in of themselves they produce testosterone and other protective compounds.

If you don't have access to a gym, the best thing is to invest in a good doorway pull-up bar. Pull-ups/Chin ups are some of the best exercises around. Another really useful tool for training at home is a kettlebell. You can do all sorts of squats/presses with it.

A typical workout could be (Monday, Thu):

3 sets of pull-ups (if you can do just one pull-up at a time, go for a total number of rep instead of sets)
3 sets of push-ups (as much as you can with good technique)
3 sets of bodyweight squats
3 sets of hanging leg raises (it's an ab workout you can do from the pull-up bar)

You can do this workout in a "circuit", meaning you go from one exercise to the next and repeat 3 times.

It's important to work all muscles, and to try to enjoy the process, and not do too much.

It's better to do one workout a week for 3 months than do to 3 workouts a week for 2 weeks and then stop because you're sick of it. Do what you can, not more, not less.

Walking is the best exercise, so make sure you do that too.

Tarmander

More Plates more Dates if you are interested in body building

Heria if you are interested in calisthenics which are a very low impact way to build muscle

mrchibbs

Heria if you are interested in calisthenics which are a very low impact way to build muscle

Didn't know about Heria, thanks I will look into his videos.

OP
P

pro marker

really? ive watched some of these but im just so used to everything being a lie that i assumed these mainstream youtubers were all wrong. i also assumed that these very developed very low fat physiques did not coincide with health. im not into body building im mostly into functionality but ill watch heria and give it a go. thank you.

Tarmander

really? ive watched some of these but im just so used to everything being a lie that i assumed these mainstream youtubers were all wrong. i also assumed that these very developed very low fat physiques did not coincide with health. im not into body building im mostly into functionality but ill watch heria and give it a go. thank you.
well maybe...but how many lies can you really fit in about pushups and pullups