Looking For A Safe Disinfect

Can someone recommend something safe to use to disinfect skin and electrical devices that do not surpress the thyroid or is an endocrine disruptor?

Thank you.

Peatful

I use colloidal silver

Dave Clark

Things that have been used for over a century, and studies show to be safe, regardless of what some people assert, are ozone, iodine, and silver. Of course, like anything, common sense prevails regarding application, concentration and strength, etc. Not sure about using these on electrical devices, etc.

tara

Can someone recommend something safe to use to disinfect skin and electrical devices that do not surpress the thyroid or is an endocrine disruptor?
Context? What do you mean by disinfect?
Are you trying to clear a specific harmful infection, or just general cleaning?
Are you talking about normal washing hands and body, or something for where the skin barrier is or might be compromised, or round a wound that needs dressing or something?

For normal hand-washing, and stinky body part, I would think a plainish soap would be reasonable? And water for the rest?

I don't understand what electrical devices there are that could suffer thyroid suppression? Are you talking about cleaning out the fridge etc, or something more sophisticated?

For general surface cleaning, variations on baking soda and white vinegar (separately) can do quite a bit. Baking soda degreases and neutralises smells. They are not full disinfectants, but there is often a case for just cleaning well. Baking soda can dry your skin out, though - could wear gloves while doing the cleaning.

You could also consider actively promoting benign microbes over more pathogenic ones in the environment, as some do internally. For instance using EM or similar (Pro EM-1 Probiotic, EM-1, EM Bokashi Composting, EM-X Gold, Dr. Don's, Bokashi, EM, Effective Microorganisms, Soil Treatment, Digestive Health).

Last edited:
OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Context? What do you mean by disinfect?
Are you trying to clear a specific harmful infection, or just general cleaning?
Are you talking about normal washing hands and body, or something for where the skin barrier is or might be compromised, or round a wound that needs dressing or something?

For normal hand-washing, and stinky body part, I would think a plainish soap would be reasonable? And water for the rest?

I don't understand what electrical devices there are that could suffer thyroid suppression? Are you talking about cleaning out the fridge etc, or something more sophisticated?

For general surface cleaning, variations on baking soda and white vinegar (separately) can do quite a bit. Baking soda degreases and neutralises smells. They are not full disinfectants, but there is often a case for just cleaning well. Baking soda can dry your skin out, though - could wear gloves while doing the cleaning.

You could also consider actively promoting benign microbes over more pathogenic ones in the environment, as some do internally. For instance using EM or similar (Pro EM-1 Probiotic, EM-1, EM Bokashi Composting, EM-X Gold, Dr. Don's, Bokashi, EM, Effective Microorganisms, Soil Treatment, Digestive Health).

A disinfect as in when I have a cut which I can use on it to avoid an infection. Any molecule can pass to the system much easier when there's a cut, so I look for a safe disinfect. Also one to disinfect my devices that I apply on my skin (for example the trimmer that I use on multiple clients). I don't want them to cause anti-thyroid or endocrine disrupting effects when they come in contact with my skin but also get rid off the bacteria on the devices that passes over from my client's head.

TreasureVibe

Are they proven to eliminate all kind of bacteria? How do you think they behave on titanium (I don't want my trimmers to degrade).
That's a tough one. I have no idea if it would mess up your trimmers. They are proven to eliminate a host of bacteria yes. An alcohol solution would also work as antibacterial, which could be safer for trimmers.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
That's a tough one. I have no idea if it would mess up your trimmers. They are proven to eliminate a host of bacteria yes. An alcohol solution would also work as antibacterial, which could be safer for trimmers.

Alcohol is anti-thyroid. So this kept me from using it. Do you think I could spray some alcohol on it and then just let it dry? I'm not a chemist but how would that affect my skin when it comes to close contact with the trimmers?

TreasureVibe

Alcohol is anti-thyroid. So this kept me from using it. Do you think I could spray some alcohol on it and then just let it dry? I'm not a chemist but how would that affect my skin when it comes to close contact with the trimmers?
Alcohol is what manufacturers typically add along to their devices to clean things up so I think it would be pretty safe to use that opposed to something else which hasn't been tested or used on a grand scale. If the alcohol dries I think the exposure to your skin would be so minimal it wouldn't make a difference to your health. Perhaps there won't even be any exposure, because the alcohol completely dried up or evaporated. Perhaps using a blow dryer to dry it up completely could help. But I'm not an expert here, so perhaps someone else could chime in or you should do some Google'ing on the nature of alcohol, and if it reacts to titanium perhaps.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Alcohol is what manufacturers typically add along to their devices to clean things up so I think it would be pretty safe to use that opposed to something else which hasn't been tested or used on a grand scale. If the alcohol dries I think the exposure to your skin would be so minimal it wouldn't make a difference to your health. Perhaps there won't even be any exposure, because the alcohol completely dried up or evaporated. Perhaps using a blow dryer to dry it up completely could help. But I'm not an expert here, so perhaps someone else could chime in or you should do some Google'ing on the nature of alcohol, and if it reacts to titanium perhaps.

Yeah the manufacturers of trimmers just add industrial oil along it and tells us to use that to clean it.

TreasureVibe

Yeah the manufacturers of trimmers just add industrial oil along it and tells us to use that to clean it.
In the specific case of a disinfectant it's almost always alcohol. I can imagine that alcohol, like petroleum oil, would be less likely to jam a device.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
In the specific case of a disinfectant it's almost always alcohol. I can imagine that alcohol, like petroleum oil, would be less likely to jam a device.

I have some petroleum oil here somewhere. Is it safe and does it get rid off bacteria?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals