Look What I Did To My Iron Levels!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Lokzo You should also take serum copper and ceruloplasmin tests.
If cortisol level is low, then most likely the ceruloplasmin, which binds copper will be also low and therefore copper itself, too. Copper partially regulates iron levels.
Ultimately, you can be toxic with copper and iron, but that’s not accurate.
Intersection of Iron and Copper Metabolism in the Mammalian Intestine and Liver

Hey man!

I have had my Copper and Caeruloplasmin measured in the past, and my Caeruloplasmin was indeed low. Hence why now I am going to start eating more Vitamin A rich foods like Liver.

How complex are nutrients!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I must be psychic! lol -
my symptoms were hair falling out, white skin, tired, dark circles under eyes. tested low on blood test as well.

Haha!

AH yeah, the typical symptoms!!

How long do you think you were Iron deficient for? And how long did it take for you to start seeing improvements in your health?
:D

D

danishispsychic

Haha!

AH yeah, the typical symptoms!!

How long do you think you were Iron deficient for? And how long did it take for you to start seeing improvements in your health?
:D
I think I was low iron for a long time - like at least 5 years ish -It only took a few months to get levels up.

tankasnowgod

Thanks for the feedback man.

Firstly, many of my symptoms matched that of iron deficiency/low ferritin, the most pressing one was the muscular weakness/fatigue in the gym.
And also hair thinning.

Well, my original point stands.... muscular weakness, fatigue, and hair thinning, while they can be signs of anemia, are very non-specific, and could also be due to things like not eating enough, high stress levels, poor sleep, excessive exercise, and other potential nutrient deficiencies, for example.

Also, I don't think those are signs of low ferritin so much as signs of anemia. Yes, iron deficiency can cause anemia, but so can a host of other factors, and some anemias even occur with high body iron stores. Which is why I suggested you check hemoglobin levels too. Pernicious anemia (low B12) and pryridoxine defieincy anemia (low B6) are two very common ones that are simple to fix. Speaking of which.....

It has been 4 days since starting and I do feel something positive already... Stronger in the gym, my temps have come up according to my oura ring and I generally feel like I have better energy in the afternoons. I know Iron stores takes MONTHS to replenish, so this is at least a positive sign.

I looked up the specific iron supplement you are taking, and I noticed it also contained B12 and B6. So, the effects you are feeling might not be from the iron in the supplement at all.

I'm not exactly sure what your source is for iron stores taking "months to replenish" is, but I do know that some iron related markers react more quickly to increased iron intake than others. Ferritin is usually slower to rise, while serum iron can raise dramatically just from eating a steak dinner (and can also fall dramatically in between meals) . TSAT is calcuated by dividing serum iron by TIBC. So it's quite possible that even after five days of taking that iron supplement put your TSAT numbers in range.

GreekDemiGod

Well, my original point stands.... muscular weakness, fatigue, and hair thinning, while they can be signs of anemia, are very non-specific, and could also be due to things like not eating enough, high stress levels, poor sleep, excessive exercise, and other potential nutrient deficiencies, for example.
:smack:smack:smack:smack

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Bounced back.

IRON STUDIES May 2020.png

RealNeat

Any suspicion of low HCL and malabsorption? Which then would point to thyroid.

RealNeat

Yes to LOW HCL.

Used to take Nexium when I was younger.

My Thyroid is fine.
View attachment 17836

NO ITS NOT IT NEVER IS. Lol jk.

but maybe there is a conversion issue? Why else would you have low acid? Were you vegan for a while?

The low acid can really mess with ionization of minerals and if they are out of wack then well everything is... and iron issues could just as much be a copper issue of food isn't being properly broken down and assimilated.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
NO ITS NOT IT NEVER IS. Lol jk.

but maybe there is a conversion issue? Why else would you have low acid? Were you vegan for a while?

haha!!

Never vegan, no wayyyyy.

I suspect the low Iron was from:
-Donating blood every 12 weeks.
-Taking high dose B1.
-Poor absorption.
-Artichoke extract
-C60 Fullerene usage.

sweetpeat

-Taking high dose B1.
-Poor absorption.
-Artichoke extract
-C60 Fullerene usage.
Just curious, but do you have a source for stating that high dose B1 causes low iron? I've seen it mentioned before but haven't found anything to substantiate it.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Just curious, but do you have a source for stating that high dose B1 causes low iron? I've seen it mentioned before but haven't found anything to substantiate it.

I can't remember where that study was, but I remember seeing it and freaking out. I respond really well to Thiamine.

Ill see if I can find it!!

Sagitarrius90

Can high copper lower iron if you aren't getting enough? I have ferratin of around 20 and I'm also interested in Iron's relation to aldosterone. Recently gained 5 lbs of water (I'm 12% body fat) so I know this isn't estrogen/thyroid related (I supplement t3 and have been doing so for quite awhile). Some key points
-Recently have very low exercise tolerance (I'm a gym-junkie and obviously because of covid I have cut back dramatically but have no motivation for exercise)
-Very faint when standing and dizzy
-No appetite
-Hair thinning and pale skin

Since March 2020 I've done a lot more endurance exercise because I don't have weights and have read that cardio can lower iron and mine was already low. I've also heard it's really hard to increase Iron.

Would like to state too Iron on this board is being demonized - it should be noted that excess iron is bad but also low iron as well. I would even go as far as to say that low iron is far worse than high iron from at least my experience- at least with high iron I have a full head of hair and I have better energy levels- I feel like a zombie right now just cranky, irritable and can't really form any rational thinking (less human more primal)

Markus

haha!!

Never vegan, no wayyyyy.

-Taking high dose B1.
-Poor absorption.
-Artichoke extract
-C60 Fullerene usage.
How much B1 have you been taking?

Sagitarrius90

Lozko can you share any signs symptoms you had when you had low iron/ferratin? Anything that stands out?

Markus

I was taking about 500mg per week at the time, spread across multiple doses.
What type of thiamine were you using? I suspect that my daily 100 mg dose of Allithiamine might cause some issues with iron.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals