Long walks: pro-hair, pro-testosterone, anti-cortisol

SamYo123

Long walks: pro-hair, pro-testosterone, anti-cortisol

Recently I've been taking long walks (10-30 miles or more) about once a week.

They feel AMAZING once your joints adapt and you get past the initial soreness.

During one of my first walks I noticed something interesting:

If I run my hand during my hair during or right after a long walk, no stray hairs EVER come out.

I'm interpreting this as a type of biofeedback implying reduced cortisol, improved insulin sensitivity, etc.

Limiting these long walks to once per week for now - doing them more than that would make me lose too much weight!

All from fat metabolism?

Makrosky

30 miles in a day? That is 50kms if I am not mistaken. Assuming a 3km x hour walk speed that is 16hrs walking.

It is A LOT.

Harrison

His resting heart rate fell to 40 bpm and he says

"I did occasionally get woozy if I stood up too quickly."

It fascinates me that some people think 'feeling faint' is a sign of good health.

OP
S

SamYo123

I do 20,000 steps per day and my cortisol is LOW and my Testosterone is SUPER high... But my hair is falling rapidly (not doing anything about it)
the difference here though is you are in glucose metabolism

A

Adf

I do 20,000 steps per day and my cortisol is LOW and my Testosterone is SUPER high... But my hair is falling rapidly (not doing anything about it)

Have you tried a mix of Potassium bicarb and Taurine in a spray bottle?

I have been experimenting with this for about a week or two now and notice my patchy face hairs are slowly filling in, and hair breakage is reducing. Minoxidil is a hair growth drug that works by opening/enlarging the potassium channels in the scalp. Well I figured I could maybe do that with Potassium and Taurine in water and spraying my scalp and face, and so far it's doing something.

There's an interesting theory that has evidence to back it up, that many if not most hair loss cases is not caused by high DHT, but caused by a tight scalp. The muscles on the level of the forehead get too tight and cause the scalp to tighten, which in turn creates inflammation and so the body responds by producing DHT. People who are bald or balding tend to have very tight scalps.

This theory is supported by studies that show hair regrowth in I believe it was 80% of participants in a study, who had Botox to chemically relax the muscles of the forehead.

This is the guy who supports this theory and those studies, who regrew his hair with daily head massages...

tfcjesse

I have been experimenting with this for about a week or two now and notice my patchy face hairs are slowly filling in, and hair breakage is reducing. Minoxidil is a hair growth drug that works by opening/enlarging the potassium channels in the scalp. Well I figured I could maybe do that with Potassium and Taurine in water and spraying my scalp and face, and so far it's doing something.

There's an interesting theory that has evidence to back it up, that many if not most hair loss cases is not caused by high DHT, but caused by a tight scalp. The muscles on the level of the forehead get too tight and cause the scalp to tighten, which in turn creates inflammation and so the body responds by producing DHT. People who are bald or balding tend to have very tight scalps.

This theory is supported by studies that show hair regrowth in I believe it was 80% of participants in a study, who had Botox to chemically relax the muscles of the forehead.

This is the guy who supports this theory and those studies, who regrew his hair with daily head massages...

Does this spray relax the scalp?

A

Adf

Does this spray relax the scalp?

Not to my knowledge, but it does increase blood flow and reduce inflammation in my experience. Perhaps that in turn could relax the facial muscles.

You can massage your temples, forehead and scalp for a few minutes through the day to relax the muscles though.

TheCalciumCad

Hows posture?

Mauritio

Interesting keep us posted .

Although it's not the muscles that are too tight because then scalp exercises wouldn't work since they strengthen those muscles . it's probably the galea that's too tight along with fibrotic, calcified tissue.

OP
S

SamYo123

Interesting keep us posted .

Although it's not the muscles that are too tight because then scalp exercises wouldn't work since they strengthen those muscles . it's probably the galea that's too tight along with fibrotic, calcified tissue.
But why does it become tight?

***t gaitcycles to begin with?

TheCalciumCad

But why does it become tight?
"When neck muscles are in continuous tension, their action propagates to the head, stretching and tightening the galea against the underlying layers of the scalp. The underlying structure is rich of blood vessels that are compressed, blocking blood flow towards the hair follicles.

Since the muscle tension that tight the galea is always present, the inflammation is long-term and chronic, causing fibrosis and calcification. This further decreases the blood flow into the scalp."

???

OP
S

SamYo123

"When neck muscles are in continuous tension, their action propagates to the head, stretching and tightening the galea against the underlying layers of the scalp. The underlying structure is rich of blood vessels that are compressed, blocking blood flow towards the hair follicles.

Since the muscle tension that tight the galea is always present, the inflammation is long-term and chronic, causing fibrosis and calcification. This further decreases the blood flow into the scalp."

???

TheCalciumCad

Ye that could work, I was thinking Alexander Technique. Not sure about correcting poor craniofacial development tho, tongue posture aka 'mewing' prob has its limits. Overdosing on magnesium could speed up reversing calcification and relax the muscles all at the same time. All theory tho.

OP
S

SamYo123

Ye that could work, I was thinking Alexander Technique. Not sure about correcting poor craniofacial development tho, tongue posture aka 'mewing' prob has its limits. Overdosing on magnesium could speed up reversing calcification and relax the muscles all at the same time. All theory tho.
Fp has been getting craniofacial improvements check the Instagram

Alexnader technique has alot to learn from FP

Atman

It's probably mostly the increased CO2 from the oxidative metabolism of the muscles.
The Buteyko people also use this effect in their techniques (reduced, nasal breathing while walking -> More CO2 production, reduced CO2 loss).

Lizb

It's probably mostly the increased CO2 from the oxidative metabolism of the muscles.
The Buteyko people also use this effect in their techniques (reduced, nasal breathing while walking -> More CO2 production, reduced CO2 loss).
I can vouch for that. I've done that.

Mauritio

Buy a slightly oversized swim cap for your head and inflate with co2...if the theory is correct, hair will regrow.
Anybody tried this ? ?

Mauritio

Another idea to increase scalp CO2 would be:

Putting your head in something like a bowl, filling up the bowl with water, baking soda and vinegar. The acid and the base will react, releasing CO2 in the process.

Then put your head in for around 10 minutes so your scalp has enough time to absorb the CO2.

Should increase scalp CO2 levels and blood flow.

Also cleanses your hair very thoroughly, many people use baking soda and/or vinegar instead of shampoo anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals