Long term use of thyroid supplements: does it create dependency?

bluefish

Ive never been clear on this...

Ive been using cynoplus and cynomel, for the last year or so... trying to increase my temp and pulse. Ive also been improving my diet.

I was chatting with my mom this eve, she is not remotely an expert on the subject, but mentioned she thought that if you begin to take thyroid, you will become dependent and have to continue taking it... "for the rest of your life".

I have never been clear on this point. I do think Im a bit hypothyroid...
Im taking a fairly low dose daily.. but havent been able to raise my temp or pulse notciably.

Im around 96.something... to lower 98 midday usually.. so its not horrible.

My digestion can be slow and energy levels especially when waking can be low.

Its hard to tell how much is from my daily enviroment... I have lived most or all my life in a stressful city and have a consistently stressful life... the last few years after finding this forum, is really the first time, in my entire life, that I began, and now am doing a better job, at eating and living in a more balanced life affirming manner.

so to recap: is long term use of thyroid supplements creating a dependency?

Dawid

It depends on the dose. 15 mg divided throughout the day it's very safe and it does not create dependency.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

I’m taking 3 doses per day of 20mg cynomel, 27mg cynoplus

I added a forth dose and now I’m feeling like I took too much.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

my temp went too high and I feel unfocused, headache etc

yerrag

I think Peat in his book Generative Energy discussed some facets of this. Since I only scanned the book but always having it on the top of my list of books I must read, I can only suggest you read that book. You have an immediate interest in what the book covers, so you're more likely to read it pronto.

I think he mentions the use of thyroid, pregnenolone, and progesterone together to help the body restore its own ability to make these hormones. Using them together jumpstarts this process and this creates a virtuous cycle of hormone/steroid generation so youbwont be dependent on intakes of hormones.

If you successfully do a search of the forum, you may find some answers as well but search these days seem crippled most everywhere including in this forum. So it may be better to read the book and since the book is old, you could write Peat and ask him further about it. Its better if you don't skip the book reading part as Ray will not read the book out for you, if you know what I mean.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

@yerrag

Thanks for mentioning this. I assumed the info is around somewhere but I had no idea how to find it.

I’ll look for the book online and try to order it.

I’ve never written Ray before but I hear about people doing it.

Lollipop2

@yerrag

Thanks for mentioning this. I assumed the info is around somewhere but I had no idea how to find it.

I’ll look for the book online and try to order it.

I’ve never written Ray before but I hear about people doing it.
Hi @bluefish. The email to inquire about purchasing books is [email protected]. Not sure how long it will take for a response. What I did is found the price he charges and went on PayPal, paid for the book and also the newsletter and explained in the comments box what the money was for. $28 is the price for two years of his newsletter. I think that book Yerrag was speaking about is only available digitally. So if you purchase it, they can send you a digital copy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals