Long Term K2 Users! Share Your Experiences!

GorillaHead

I would like to hear from all those using high dose k2 for a few months to years.

What have your experiences been like?

Any negative side effects!

Lets start a megathread here

I am interested in K2 for teeth health. Possibly widening my zygotes and if there are any hair benefits I would love that too.

Although I’ve heard it causes serious shedding but who knows that could be a good thing in the beginning.

baccheion

It seems to result in poor saliva flow (ie, dry mouth) in my case, unless I add extra iodine/iodide. Maybe it's due to lowered acetylcholine and histamine?

I've been taking it at a higher amount (15 mg and then 15 mg 2x/day) for almost 2 years. I don't notice much. Maybe my zygomatic arches did thicken. I am in the camp that finds it harder to sleep after taking it, even if I take it in the evening.

At lower doses, I notice my mouth is always clean and free of tartar/plaque.

I started due to cavities. They are still present 2 years later.

SOMO

Still have tooth sensitivity and clicking joints.
Teeth did not become stronger or whiter after 2 years of use.

I think it is 100% insoluble in water and I feel like I only absorb it when the meal is HIGH in fat (like 20g fat minimum).

baccheion

Still have tooth sensitivity and clicking joints.
Teeth did not become stronger or whiter after 2 years of use.

I think it is 100% insoluble in water and I feel like I only absorb it when the meal is HIGH in fat (like 20g fat minimum).
In your case, what else did you take and how much did you take? It does require about 20g fat for good absorption, with 34.5g being best.

Bone stack (all 2-3x/day with fatty meal):

- 300 IU/kg vitamin A
- 2g vitamin C
- 100 IU/kg vitamin D3
- 5-15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
- 200 mg (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium
- 100-200 mg calcium
- 12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol (silicon)
- CoQ10
- Thorne 2/day (or other good multi)

The higher amount of vitamin K2 overcomes absorption efficiency issues. Can skip calcium if amount from diet already sufficient. The stack can be taken for a few months.

Vitamins A and D3 don't really have to be split (if they start affecting sleep, for example). The IU/kg translates essentially to 60,000 IU A and 20,000 IU D3 per day for someone weighing 70 kg. If scared, then the RDA upper limits (10,000 IU and 4,000 IU) may be sufficient.

Add a drop of Lugol's (can be applied topically) if there are issues with salivary flow.

Last edited:

meatbag

I would like to hear from all those using high dose k2 for a few months to years.

I am interested in K2 for teeth health. Possibly widening my zygotes and if there are any hair benefits I would love that too.

Although I’ve heard it causes serious shedding but who knows that could be a good thing in the beginning.
Ive been trying to eat as much calcium as possible as my tooth sensitivity Ive always had is pretty much gone. I notice my teeth are way cleaner after using methylene blue and redlight.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Do u take MB and then do relight therapy right after right on your teeth?

ShotTrue

I've noticed 45mg mk4 can cause balding. Either not in balance with Vit D, A, magnesium etc or perhaps the hormonal effect is too extreme

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I've noticed 45mg mk4 can cause balding. Either not in balance with Vit D, A, magnesium etc or perhaps the hormonal effect is too extreme

Crazy cause a few guys on the forum trying to say to use k2 for fibrosis since they believe it’s the Cause of hairloss

ShotTrue

Is it hair loss or MPB?
MPB. There's actually a thread somewhere else about high dose mk4 causing hairloss, for me it caused insane itchy scalp and clear hairline recession where there wasn't any a few days after stopping
@GorillaHead it has to do with the dose and form. 1 mg mk4 or 1mk mk7 is different from 45 mg

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Iodine (protocol levels of iodine) tends to be good at countering fibrosis.
Yup!

I just wanted k2 for a wider jaw really. That was as my main goal.

I am on Finasteride so idk if I would have to worry about the sideffects of k2 if it causes hairloss or not

Best drug I’ve ever taken no more scalp acne. Or back acne. No more hairloss. I had so much scalp acne it was insane.

meatbag

MPB. There's actually a thread somewhere else about high dose mk4 causing hairloss, for me it caused insane itchy scalp and clear hairline recession where there wasn't any a few days after stopping
@GorillaHead it has to do with the dose and form. 1 mg mk4 or 1mk mk7 is different from 45 mg
which product were you using?

baccheion

Any theories why? Low estrogen? Low calcium?

Maybe additional calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D is required to maintain serum level. And maybe more progesterone enhancers (vitamin C? Iodine?) to compensate for absent estrogen.

ShotTrue

Maybe additional calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D is required to maintain serum level. And maybe more progesterone enhancers (vitamin C? Iodine?) to compensate for absent estrogen.
Yeah, I would either say low estrogen or imbalance of other vitamins but low estrogen may be the most probable explanation. I've even heard something about it oxidizing bad fats or so

BigChad

In your case, what else did you take and how much did you take? It does require about 20g fat for good absorption, with 34.5g being best.

Bone stack (all 2-3x/day with fatty meal):

- 300 IU/kg vitamin A
- 2g vitamin C
- 100 IU/kg vitamin D3
- 5-15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
- 200 mg (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium
- 100-200 mg calcium
- 12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol (silicon)
- CoQ10
- Thorne 2/day (or other good multi)

The higher amount of vitamin K2 overcomes absorption efficiency issues. Can skip calcium if amount from diet already sufficient. The stack can be taken for a few months.

Vitamins A and D3 don't really have to be split (if they start affecting sleep, for example). The IU/kg translates essentially to 60,000 IU A and 20,000 IU D3 per day for someone weighing 70 kg. If scared, then the RDA upper limits (10,000 IU and 4,000 IU) may be sufficient.

Add a drop of Lugol's (can be applied topically) if there are issues with salivary flow.

Why so much vitamin C and vitamin A? Vitamin C lowers ceruloplasmin (although vitamin A increases it), and vitamin A itself causes bone loss in that sort of dosage unless you are getting a ton of sunlight or vitamin d.

BigChad

I got the hair loss effect/hairline receding effect from K2 but thought it was just worsening autoimmune symptoms. I did seem to get the dry eyes/mouth effect as well. I was just using 15mg MK4 2 to 3 times a week alongside around 8000Iu d3 a day

BigChad

Did you try 15mg? I used the same relentless improvement product and 15mg taken 2 to 3 times a week was enough to note a significant hair shedding/receding effect. I thought it just made autoimmune symptoms worse but If you dont have any autoimmune stuff going on looks like this occurs for everyone? I wonder what the mechanism behind it is. I was actually taking it alongside 5000IU d3 as well.