Long Term K2 Users! Share Your Experiences!

baccheion

Why so much vitamin C and vitamin A? Vitamin C lowers ceruloplasmin (although vitamin A increases it), and vitamin A itself causes bone loss in that sort of dosage unless you are getting a ton of sunlight or vitamin d.
Vitamin C is needed as part of collagen formation, stimulates bone (growth/healing?), and protects against oxidation of vitamin A. On the other hand, I suppose even 1/10th that amount would do something.

Vitamin A and D3 could be lessened as mentioned near the end of the post. Vitamin A at that amount for that period of time would be fine given the presence of sufficient vitamin D3 and K2.

accelerator

Ive been trying to eat as much calcium as possible as my tooth sensitivity Ive always had is pretty much gone. I notice my teeth are way cleaner after using methylene blue and redlight.

How much MB do you take and how long till you noticed better oral health?

Inaut

I’ve been staining my tongue with 500mcg daily for about 2 weeks. My gums are a nice pink colour consistently as well.

golder

I just add like 1mg to a few oz of water and swish around after brushing and flossing

Thanks, appreciate that. How often and for how long do you use the red light before or after MB?
Happy weekend :)

meatbag

Thanks, appreciate that. How often and for how long do you use the red light before or after MB?
Happy weekend :)
sorry, yeah just a few minutes nothing crazy. only do it sometimes because my lower teeth overlap a bit

Take about 5mg a day and have for a few years. With 5 mg DHEA and about 10mg progesterone topically. I’ve had great teeth and feel good and am sick less often. No hair effects noted.

meatbag

I would like to hear from all those using high dose k2 for a few months to years.

What have your experiences been like?

Any negative side effects!

Lets start a megathread here

I am interested in K2 for teeth health. Possibly widening my zygotes and if there are any hair benefits I would love that too.

Although I’ve heard it causes serious shedding but who knows that could be a good thing in the beginning.
The hair shedding could be from blood sugar crash, elevating FFA

ddjd

does anyone know anything about the different methods of manufacturing k2 mk4 ??? what material is it sourced from?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Can confirm. K2 mk4. 5mg everyday was causing serious hair shedding and thinning. I was drinking a cup of carrot juice every other day too. And supplementing vitamin D. All while on finasteride.

Momentum

You may want to search what microcrystalline cellulose does to the body.
@milk_lover Do you have more info on this? Maybe a new thread (I don't want to hijack the K2 thread)? I've taken supps with this for years, and haven't had a problem and yet recently started on compounded low dose naltrexone and had a horrible reaction to the mcc filler. With some research found out that many people have the same reaction with MCC and LDN, also with Armour thyroid. I do remember having an issue with Armour 10 or so years ago when they changed their formula. Compounding pharmacists are having a difficult time believing that patients are reacting to mcc and LDN, but not to mcc in their other supplements. It's a conundrum???

I've been using about a year and nothing groundbreaking, but now I know a lot more than I did then about usage/purpose/supplementing/etc.

I now take it when I have high calcium intake or like an aromatase inhibitor whenever needed, but not necessarily daily anymore (or maybe with aspirin).

I use this one, but I'm sure there are "cleaner" versions available:

51GapBkIn9L._SX355_.jpg

milk_lover

@milk_lover Do you have more info on this? Maybe a new thread (I don't want to hijack the K2 thread)? I've taken supps with this for years, and haven't had a problem and yet recently started on compounded low dose naltrexone and had a horrible reaction to the mcc filler. With some research found out that many people have the same reaction with MCC and LDN, also with Armour thyroid. I do remember having an issue with Armour 10 or so years ago when they changed their formula. Compounding pharmacists are having a difficult time believing that patients are reacting to mcc and LDN, but not to mcc in their other supplements. It's a conundrum???
I remember Peat mentioned that mcc or other modified cellulose can be toxic to the cells through some catalyst reaction or by weakening the immune system. And they can be really allergenic because of the methods they are produced. He generally advises people to look at the ingredients of every supplement and be extra careful.

Momentum

I remember Peat mentioned that mcc or other modified cellulose can be toxic to the cells through some catalyst reaction or by weakening the immune system. And they can be really allergenic because of the methods they are produced. He generally advises people to look at the ingredients of every supplement and be extra careful.
Thank you. I try and avoid it now.

GelatinGoblin

In your case, what else did you take and how much did you take? It does require about 20g fat for good absorption, with 34.5g being best.

Bone stack (all 2-3x/day with fatty meal):

- 300 IU/kg vitamin A
- 2g vitamin C
- 100 IU/kg vitamin D3
- 5-15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
- 200 mg (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium
- 100-200 mg calcium
- 12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol (silicon)
- CoQ10
- Thorne 2/day (or other good multi)

The higher amount of vitamin K2 overcomes absorption efficiency issues. Can skip calcium if amount from diet already sufficient. The stack can be taken for a few months.

Vitamins A and D3 don't really have to be split (if they start affecting sleep, for example). The IU/kg translates essentially to 60,000 IU A and 20,000 IU D3 per day for someone weighing 70 kg. If scared, then the RDA upper limits (10,000 IU and 4,000 IU) may be sufficient.

Add a drop of Lugol's (can be applied topically) if there are issues with salivary flow.
machiavellian is that you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals